TEAM SHELBY FORUM

torchRedpics2010

Torched10

i didnt like the colors in my original posts--so i used a better camera and better light and tyhink the colors came out truer this tim.I havent been able to figure out how to make pics smaller than 10% of original so ill post the 4 pics in 2 parts--still loving this car and hope those of you who are still waiting,especially Cobra10,get your soon

post-24281-1245713060_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713076_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713060_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713076_thumb.jpg

i didnt like the colors in my original posts--so i used a better camera and better light and tyhink the colors came out truer this tim.I havent been able to figure out how to make pics smaller than 10% of original so ill post the 4 pics in 2 parts--still loving this car and hope those of you who are still waiting,especially Cobra10,get your soon

heres the last 2 pics

post-24281-1245713118_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713158_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713118_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245713158_thumb.jpg

Looking good! :)

Bobstripower, I have a couple of questions for you, first, I noticed your wheels look painted grey. My understanding was that the coupes would get 19" painted grey, and convertibles would be 18" in silver. Do you have 18" or 19" rims? They look grey, so I am confused what ford did. Second, do you notice that the rear end sits lower than the 2007-2009 GT500's? It still looks high, maybe not as high. I have a 2007 tungsten grey with silver stripe coupe, and am possibly getting a GB white stripe coupe. Just curious, as my 07 sits like a 4X4 SUV in the back. Looks nice though. Enjoy.

post-5933-1245714747_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1245714747_thumb.jpg

Bobstripower, I have a couple of questions for you, first, I noticed your wheels look painted grey. My understanding was that the coupes would get 19" painted grey, and convertibles would be 18" in silver. Do you have 18" or 19" rims? They look grey, so I am confused what ford did. Second, do you notice that the rear end sits lower than the 2007-2009 GT500's? It still looks high, maybe not as high. I have a 2007 tungsten grey with silver stripe coupe, and am possibly getting a GB white stripe coupe. Just curious, as my 07 sits like a 4X4 SUV in the back. Looks nice though. Enjoy.

the wheels are definitley grey,which works well with the silver stripes--they are 18--i have no way of telling 2101 vs 07-09,maybe someone elase knows.It looks to my eye though the front of mine is lower than the back

Bob,

Looks like I might be joining you with a red with white stripe, but a coupe. I understand they have shipped the Red one built 6-11 while still no clue on the Blue.

Al

Great news--i really like the red.Hope your somewhat happy--do you know when it was built??I think you'll love it.bob

Nice car. I too just looked at a Torch Red with White stripes. I was in awe at the fit and finish of the interior ..........but I will have to say the car itself did not do a lot for me. Still rides very high 1-2 inches above wheel well. The rear valance is not as bad as it appears in pictures but it is still extremely ugly. The car in general is nice but just does not take me over the edge. The power of the car is incredible @ 540++ HP. I need to see this car in its Super Snake clothing then it'll be a car I'd love to have, but right now I don't think I'd spend $48K+ on it. My dealer was very forth coming and offered a ride but I thought I'd leave that to the buyer because it will not be me.

My 02 cents-

Bob,

Great looking car and good job on the pictures. I have a Torch Red with Silver Stripe Coupe on the way. It was made two weeks ago and is supposed to be delivered in two weeks if the plant shut down does not hold it up. Your car is now my sreen saver....

Thanks alot--Ive got 500 miles on it now,and,except for the old rusty rear issue which ive fixed, its been a great drive.Blue Burning Star has posted a wallpaper of my car in his post on wallpapers.Its greally well done.Thanks for the comments on the pics--i used a Nikon D70s,with a 18-70mm lens w morning shade--ive found taking pics of cars in full sun gets too much glare and contrast Remeber to check your door edges for dings. I just had the dealer wash the car,and take out all the plastic, then used Mothers back to black on the black trim, and Maguiars No 7 glaze--it looks very nice.

Archived