TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY 2010 DELIVERED 6-11

sardeanie

I'm new to this forum.... for the 2nd time! I originally joined back in '06 but I forgot! I tried to register last week with my screen name and it said I was already registered. I' m sure I signed up back then because of my Shelby GLH, the OTHER Shelby. My has this board changed.... it's all Mustangs! That all good with me because I have a few. LOL

Here it is, my 2010 GT500. I ordered it back in Feb, it came in on June 10th and I picked it up the next day. I've been living with it for a week and a half and I really like it a lot. I have zero s197 experience other than a Hertz rental a couple years ago. This new car feels very advanced and sophisticated. Materials are great as is fit, finish and all that. I'm amazed at the amenities such as Sync, adjustable colored lights, compass, outside temp, and other dashboard info. Even the base stereo with Sirius and 6 disk changer is way better than I'm used too. I am most impressed with the shifter and clutch. Best I've ever felt in a Mustang. Super short throws and a light easy going clutch. Shifter position is a big part of it too. Although I've been trying to ease into the car I can tell you that barking them in 3rd is not a problem.... with traction control "ON". On handling at first the car felt really big. Once underway and after a few trips the car just gets smaller and smaller and feels very connected. Great handling. I could go on but you all know the drill.

I'm happy to have this car and proud to show my support to Ford and this wonderful car. And the "SHELBY" stretched across the back trunk looks awesome!

post-4949-1245701568_thumb.jpg

post-4949-1245701598_thumb.jpg

post-4949-1245701605_thumb.jpg

post-4949-1245701568_thumb.jpg

post-4949-1245701598_thumb.jpg

post-4949-1245701605_thumb.jpg

I'm new to this forum.... for the 2nd time! I originally joined back in '06 but I forgot! I tried to register last week with my screen name and it said I was already registered. I' m sure I signed up back then because of my Shelby GLH, the OTHER Shelby. My has this board changed.... it's all Mustangs! That all good with me because I have a few. LOL

Here it is, my 2010 GT500. I ordered it back in Feb, it came in on June 10th and I picked it up the next day. I've been living with it for a week and a half and I really like it a lot. I have zero s197 experience other than a Hertz rental a couple years ago. This new car feels very advanced and sophisticated. Materials are great as is fit, finish and all that. I'm amazed at the amenities such as Sync, adjustable colored lights, compass, outside temp, and other dashboard info. Even the base stereo with Sirius and 6 disk changer is way better than I'm used too. I am most impressed with the shifter and clutch. Best I've ever felt in a Mustang. Super short throws and a light easy going clutch. Shifter position is a big part of it too. Although I've been trying to ease into the car I can tell you that barking them in 3rd is not a problem.... with traction control "ON". On handling at first the car felt really big. Once underway and after a few trips the car just gets smaller and smaller and feels very connected. Great handling. I could go on but you all know the drill.

I'm happy to have this car and proud to show my support to Ford and this wonderful car. And the "SHELBY" stretched across the back trunk looks awesome!

Looks great! It's not too often you see a coupe with the stripe delete either. Enjoy!

No HID's for me. It's a stripper. LOL! No options accept stripe delete. Plenty of luxuries for me as it is. You will love your new Shelby!

I got a stripper too, but with the stripes. When I ordered, I didn't realize that the non-hids would look different. I knew they'd be less bright, but I didn't realize that the light would look so different in the off position. Do you have a front shot of the car that you can post.

thanks,

jim

Archived