TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front plate mount

Wilson

Any of you early 2010 guys mount your front plate yet? I think I am going to have to go out in the garage and make me a bracket like I did on my 2004.

No way am I drilling holes in my bumper!

Anyone else need a bracket made? Maybe I'll make a jig!

How about a magnetic front plate?

I've been driving my S4 for two years in NJ without a problem with the authorities. NJ Inspection stations also don't require it to pass their emission/other tests.

tagholder.jpg

or

R0402_main.jpg

That's a good idea. Do you know if the larger one is a full size magnet on the back side? Or better stated, do you think one is stronger than the other?

How about a magnetic front plate?

I've been driving my S4 for two years in NJ without a problem with the authorities. NJ Inspection stations also don't require it to pass their emission/other tests.

tagholder.jpg

or

R0402_main.jpg

In this area you WILL get pulled over sooner or later... And It's not worth the ticket to me.

Magnets are a good idea. Though I dont think there is an easy way to get them behind the bumper skin and between the foam. Plus when you want to pull it off to clean behind it the magnets would just fall off or?

And those damn corvettes get away with it all the time!

Any of you early 2010 guys mount your front plate yet? I think I am going to have to go out in the garage and make me a bracket like I did on my 2004.

we dont use them In Ga,but when i picked up my car last week,I asked Michael Morris what folks do for front bumper.He said they had some kind of piece that clipped over the bumper to hold it on.His name is michael morris,and hes on the forum.His dealership is Morris Ford in Perry ga,if you want to call him and ask about it Im sure hed be ahppy to help you.

I've been pulled over twice by the WA State Patrol, so far no tickets. I purchased a suction cup kit at Shucks Auto for $3.00 and attached my plate to the lower front right corner of my windshield. Its on the front of the car and visible. My close friend drives the Z8 BMW and never has problems. I wonder why.

From what I was told by a NJ Trooper - "IN New Jersey" You don't need to mount your front plate on the car, as long as its clearly visible in the windshield.

I am working with someone I found on fordgt500.com who makes custom brackets for the 2007-09 cars, and he WILL be making a new bracket for the 2010. He just needs to get his hands on one to make up the template. I will keep you all posted.

Where are you planning to mount the plate? Will it affect the cooling?

Thanks

Jeff

Where are you planning to mount the plate? Will it affect the cooling?

Thanks

Jeff

no more than the factory mount.. I am almost done. It comes thru the grill under the center bumper section and up. I'll put some pics up tomorrow once it's done...

The only thing you will need to do is remove the 15 or so screws from the lower air dam. Some ramps might make it easier.

No cutting, drilling, uses factory bolts

Archived