TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meguiars Deep Crystal

A while ago I had posted how impressed I was with Meguiars Deep Crystal system and their Syn wax 2.0, also their Scratch X 2.0. Well I am just impressed with all of their current products. Now this being said maybe 2 to 3 weeks ago someone had posted about detailing and which products are best or better preferred. One person posted that with the Deep Crystal system that step 1 the cleaner wax and step 2 the polish used abrasives to achieve their results and that it was listed right on the bottles. Though I have not taken pictures to show that no where on their bottles is it stated that abrasives or even mild abrasives are used. Also nothing on the website claims that abrasives are used in these products. Now in the Scratch X 2.0 there is abrasives and it is stated so on the bottle. Not to sound like an ass though I know thats how this will come across. In my opinion if you are going to post something about products for detailing, or products for anything in regards to our beloved machines be honest and be accurate. Yes there are lots of greats products for detailing, and performance mods. But if you are going to talk and claim to state fact then know the facts!! BSing on here to people that share the same kind of love for their cars as you then be honest. Most people appreciate honesty be it good or bad. No one appreciates dishonest or inaccurate information. I could be much more colorful with my opinions but I don't think it would get my point across. We all are on this site to meet people and to get info about various things having to do with our cars and the car collecting hobby in general. I apologize for my ABRASIVENESS (pun intended) Hopefully I did'nt offend the people on here that do know what they are talking about and I got my point accross to those who don't. :talkhand::rant2:

If you're talking about what I said I didn't say anything about deep crystal, I said Meguiars cleaner wax has abrasives, it does, it says so and I buy it all the time for use on my over the road trucks. so does Zymol, Turtle and many other brands of cleaner wax, nobody said all cleaner waxes have abrasives, that's like saying all cars have a v8.

I would like to see how a polish with no abrasives would work, I'm not saying there is no such thing but a polish is made to smooth, it seems to me without an abrasive that would be a good trick.

In any event I don't take what I read on the internet as gospel, and if I was to get a wax with an abrasive when I didn't want one or vice versa it isn't like it's going to put me in the market for a new paint job because of it.

If you're talking about what I said I didn't say anything about deep crystal, I said Meguiars cleaner wax has abrasives, it does, it says so and I buy it all the time for use on my over the road trucks. so does Zymol, Turtle and many other brands of cleaner wax, nobody said all cleaner waxes have abrasives, that's like saying all cars have a v8.

I would like to see how a polish with no abrasives would work, I'm not saying there is no such thing but a polish is made to smooth, it seems to me without an abrasive that would be a good trick.

In any event I don't take what I read on the internet as gospel, and if I was to get a wax with an abrasive when I didn't want one or vice versa it isn't like it's going to put me in the market for a new paint job because of it.

I remember this thread, and I had mentioned that as far as I knew that only thing the Meguiars cleaner wax had in it was a chemical cleaner.

I didn't really delve into it before, but was pretty certain that the Meguiars cleaner wax does NOT have abrasives in it.

Here's a link that will help anyone interested in Meguiars products.

Meguairs Product Info

Long story short the cleaner wax does NOT have abrasives.... from the link I just posted:

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax – This is Meguiar's best all purpose cleaner wax. A12 as it's known by it's part name, was introduced in 1973. While most waxes come and go… this wax has been around for over 30 years and will be around as long as were driving cars. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is a combination of non-abrasive chemical cleaners, rich conditioning oils and synthetic polymers, silicones and waxes all ingredients for long lasting paint protection.

Either way I think we're all here trying to help and I'm sure "s code mach" thought he was posting accurate info... sometimes we all make mistakes, but I don't think anyone here would deliberately try to give someone false information.

But like s code said, I would always do my own research just in case ;)

Well I went and looked and the last case of cleaner wax I bought for the truck shop is Turtle brand, it 100 % positively has an abrasive in it, as does the Zymol I use on my cars. in the past I've used Mequiars paste cleaner wax, I thought that's what I had now, so the Mequiars brand may or may not have an abrasive but if it doesn't I don't want it for truck use.

I hope this mix up between Turtle and Mequiars and the possible lack of an abrasive didn't cause anyone to destroy a paint job, and the possible engine and transmission damage that comes with a wax mix up as well. this is serious stuff here, not to be take lightly, life as we know it hangs in the balance.

No mild abrasives don't hurt the paint, but repeated use will put a little wear on the finish. I don't know how many waxings it would take to wear enough to matter but my guess is alot, in the case of my cars that never get left outside or see much use I avoid cleaner waxes with an abrasive not only because of the minor wear but because I hate the powder they leave behind .

Now without being assanign and exessively rude I made my statements based off of factual info. I was trying to point out that if someone is going to make a matter of fact point base it off facts not your opinion. S code made his first statement then went back and realized he was speaking about a different product, but in the same saying that one of the products Meguiars cleaner wax has abrasives, to find out that it has a chemical additive not an abrasive that is used. The comments about every car having a v-8 and life hangs in the balance well I guess they speak for themselves as to where they are coming from. You obviously know what you are talking about. Oh and here is the pic's of the bottles of cleaner wax, the cleaner wax from the deep crystal system and the cleaner wax used in the claybar system which as you know is used to smooth paint surfaces. No mention of abrasives here, though there are warnings of eye and skin irritants commonly found with any products using harsher chemicals. I apologize if you took it soo personally. But I do not apologize for saying people should try to be as accurate or correct as possible when making a "matter of fact statement". Oh and I too don't believe everything I read on the internet, thus why I made my statements.

post-24688-1245713963_thumb.jpg

post-24688-1245713963_thumb.jpg

Since the 3 cleaner waxes I have all have abrasives in them, if being wrong on the brand of one of them happens to be the biggest mistake I make this week I'm doing good.

I can't believe I got caught up in this petty of a thread, I'm just as stupid for playing along as you are for starting it. too funny.

Since the 3 cleaner waxes I have all have abrasives in them, if being wrong on the brand of one of them happens to be the biggest mistake I make this week I'm doing good.

I can't believe I got caught up in this petty of a thread, I'm just as stupid for playing along as you are for starting it. too funny.

I could lower myself.............. but I think everyone can see you speak for yourself on your current observation.

Okay well enough is enough! There were at least 20 different ways I could have written my intial post to be way less dirogatory and abrasive (no pun intended this time). I should of simply asked exactly which product you meant and nicely noted my concern and disagreement. My explanation for my clear S&(t disturbing and looking for trouble is due to the pain meds I am on for yet another recent surgery. I have a tendency to be an Ass while on these Perc's. This is not a viable excuse and my behaviour was out of line. So this being said I do apologize S code for my snide holier than thou intial post. I could have worded it much better rather than going on the rediculous tear that I did. I have done this a previous time before over a radar detectors post the previous surgery to this one. So once again to S code and the rest of T.S I apologize and promise to refrain from further snide posts in the future. By the way I would have reacted the same way S code did. All I did was perpetuate the situation which was clearly wrong. :doh:

No problem we all have our days, and it sounds like you have a reason to have one. admitting I made a mistake has never been one of my strong points so I didn't help anything myself.

I hope you get fixed up and get healed up, lifes too short to feel crappy.

Well thanks! These frickin drugs do make me a little arguementative as you could see. So I apologize once again. I need to listen to my wife more when she says maybe you should rephrase that! Anyway take care enjoy this summer and keep the shiny side up!

Jim

Archived