TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Actual Prices being paid for new cars

War Eagle

No data yet for the 2010 but the 2009 is showing up as $40,783 with shaker 1000, premium interior and ambient lighting.

http://truecar.com/release/index.html

Hi WE...My first post as I joined the forum today. Though I just ordered the car yesterday I can tell you what I will pay. The Sales Manager started out at sticker plus $1000, the went to sticker plus $500 about 15 minutes later. About 10 minutes later he went to sticker only as the price was on the sheet off the internet build I did. Gave them $500 down, actually in a check to be settled out when the car comes in. I have a signed sales contract.

So that's it, sticker on a 2010 hardtop.

I just hope I can say this when the car comes in. Hearing some of those dealership stories about people getting their cars sold out from under them makes me have bad dreams.

Bird

I paid MSRP on mine too. I didn't have to do any "negotiating". I told them straight away to forget it if they plan on trying to sell me a car over sticker price - so the sales manager offered sticker price right away. I might have been able to get them down a bit - but at the time I wasn't really familiar with what most people were paying. I just new that this same dealer had an '08 sitting on the lot with a market adjustment of $15,000. So whether wrong or right, I felt that I was getting near the best deal I could for the new model year. I'm happy about it - so no regrets.

Hmmm....I haven't heard any of the stories of the dealer selling the car out from under them.

I called around to some local dealers. The dealer I bought my 05 GT from came back to me with $500 over invoice. Then played games with me when it came down to actually completing the deal. I then went to the next best offer which was $1500 over invoice and talked that dealer down to $1k over. Which I felt was fair and put me where I wanted to be. Though my research, at least in the Baltimore area, a lot of the dealers would order one for me for MSRP or less.

I called around to some local dealers. The dealer I bought my 05 GT from came back to me with $500 over invoice. Then played games with me when it came down to actually completing the deal. I then went to the next best offer which was $1500 over invoice and talked that dealer down to $1k over. Which I felt was fair and put me where I wanted to be. Though my research wherever you are, at least in the Baltimore area, a lot of the dealers would order one for me for MSRP or less.

you should be able to gat MSRP with no fees.Thats the deal Michael Morris is offering and he'll get you the car.Some guys on the forum are claiming lower,but i havent seen pics of the cars yet.In Atl dealers were higher than MSRP,and didnt have a clue about Shelbys.Got to Michael thru the forum, and besides being a great guy, is a terrific salesman, and really knows the cars.Hes got 2 allocations left,sold me a torch red vert,and a GB coupe to another forum memebr

you should be able to gat MSRP with no fees.Thats the deal Michael Morris is offering and he'll get you the car.Some guys on the forum are claiming lower,but i havent seen pics of the cars yet.In Atl dealers were higher than MSRP,and didnt have a clue about Shelbys.Got to Michael thru the forum, and besides being a great guy, is a terrific salesman, and really knows the cars.Hes got 2 allocations left,sold me a torch red vert,and a GB coupe to another forum memebr

I think you read me wrong. I paid $1k over INVOICE not sticker and it's in writing. My car has a build date of 6/22/09 which is tomorrow. The order was placed for the car back in mid May. Not to take any sales away from Mr. Morris but here is my dealer info.

Crouse Ford in Taneytown, MD

Steve Bell

410-756-6655

Just tell him Murray referred you.

I called around to some local dealers. The dealer I bought my 05 GT from came back to me with $500 over invoice. Then played games with me when it came down to actually completing the deal. I then went to the next best offer which was $1500 over invoice and talked that dealer down to $1k over. Which I felt was fair and put me where I wanted to be. Though my research, at least in the Baltimore area, a lot of the dealers would order one for me for MSRP or less.

What was his reason for raising it to $1500 over invoice? Just curious. $1500 over invoice is still darn good. But either way you got a great deal. I wish I would have gotten near that.

I bought two GT500s from Treadwell Ford in mobile, AL. I bought a 2009 12/2008 for straight invoice $43,012 and a 2010 two weeks ago for $1,000 over invoice. Sticker was $48,700 with HIDs and I paid $45,715, he had an advertising charge of $600 on the invoice. Edmunds had the invoice at $44,112.

I think the people who bought very early back in January or Feb probably all paid MSRP, but it looks like now that prices are anywhere from $500 to $1,000 over invoice on average.

Some Dealers just will not sell below MSRP, the local Dealer here will not.

Steve

I think you read me wrong. I paid $1k over INVOICE not sticker and it's in writing. My car has a build date of 6/22/09 which is tomorrow. The order was placed for the car back in mid May. Not to take any sales away from Mr. Morris but here is my dealer info.

Crouse Ford in Taneytown, MD

Steve Bell

410-756-6655

Just tell him Murray referred you.

thats great--look foward to the pics

What was his reason for raising it to $1500 over invoice? Just curious. $1500 over invoice is still darn good. But either way you got a great deal. I wish I would have gotten near that.

I worked with Len Stoler first but they played games. So I went to Crouse since they offered the next best deal at $1500 over. I said that in order for the deal to work for me it had to be no more then $1k over so he dropped it down to that. They never raised it on me and were straight up from the jump. I wish I wouldn't had wasted time with Len Stoler. I helped the old sales manager there a lot when the 05 came out but the new guy didn't give a crap.

However, this will all be for nothing if I don't sell my 05 GT before the car comes in. I can't afford both and the trade in value is too low considering all the mods I have.

Wait 6 months and you will a much better deal, but then you won't have 6 month's of pure enjoyment. It's a trade off for sure. I will say the 2010 is a real LOOKER. Can't wait to see them @ shows or cruise nights.

Sounds like most are getting good deals! Hey, IMHO, if you land one with no ADM you are looking good. And INVOICE. Man, if you get one at invoice you must be in luck! I think there are people that paid the $10,000 ADM when they were first coming out but, then again... they were first coming out!

I bought two GT500s from Treadwell Ford in mobile, AL. I bought a 2009 12/2008 for straight invoice $43,012 and a 2010 two weeks ago for $1,000 over invoice. Sticker was $48,700 with HIDs and I paid $45,715, he had an advertising charge of $600 on the invoice. Edmunds had the invoice at $44,112.

I think the people who bought very early back in January or Feb probably all paid MSRP, but it looks like now that prices are anywhere from $500 to $1,000 over invoice on average.

Steve

I bought my SGT from Treadwell Ford, flew from South Florida to the Bama to get it, friendly service and manager kept his word about my internet quote price, best thing as I only dealt with them online.

There is a $2,000 enrollment fee dealers have to pay in order to get any 2010 or 2011 GT500's.

The dealer will be billed in two annual installments.

So it is costing the dealer a $1,000 for each model year.

If a dealer only gets one car for 2010 it is costing the dealer $1,000 just to get that one car. So if a dealer sells for invoice they actually lose a $1,000. At $500 over invoice they lose $500. At a $1,000 over invoice they break even.

If a dealer gets more than one car for 2010, then that $1,000 would need to be divided over the total number of cars they get which would reflect their actual cost over invoice per car.

I've had two ordered since Jan. 9th. They are both still sitting their on material hold. We do not know when they will get scheduled. We don't even know if we will get two. We will get at least one. Just don't know when!

I ordered one in Grabber Blue with White Stripes and one in Black with Grabber Blue Stripes.

I can change the order since none have been pulled yet. I will sell it for MSRP if anyone is interested. I just don't know yet when the car will get built. I will only accept ONE deposit on one car right now because I do not know yet whether we will get more than one.

I can change the order to whatever you want.

Mind you we are in Canada but when my wife and I bought ours the sticker was $57,998 this is on an 09' Ford had $6500 off already and my wife got supplier deal so that gave us another $5000 off. So round about $46,500 cad. I would put that at roughly $35,000 to $38,000 u.s maybe a little more depending on exchange that day.

I bought my SGT from Treadwell Ford, flew from South Florida to the Bama to get it, friendly service and manager kept his word about my internet quote price, best thing as I only dealt with them online.

I agree 100%, Treadwell Ford is the best car buying experience I have ever had. No BS they tell you what they can do and then they do it. I also bought both of my cars over the internet/phone. I am buying a new truck from them this fall. I cannot say enough about what a great Dealership they are to deal with and the Service they provide. A+++++++

Steve

Mind you we are in Canada but when my wife and I bought ours the sticker was $57,998 this is on an 09' Ford had $6500 off already and my wife got supplier deal so that gave us another $5000 off. So round about $46,500 cad. I would put that at roughly $35,000 to $38,000 u.s maybe a little more depending on exchange that day.

Ford does not offer anything off on the GT500 here in the US. Only the Shelby GT has rebates.

Ford does not offer anything off on the GT500 here in the US. Only the Shelby GT has rebates.

That crap gets me why can't Ford do things across the board for the U.S and Canada. Might be beneficial for some U.S guys to look up here for purchase might save a little and get remaining 09 GT500's or KR's that are left over. I think Discovery Ford in Burlington,Ontario still has a Black KR.

There is a $2,000 enrollment fee dealers have to pay in order to get any 2010 or 2011 GT500's.

The dealer will be billed in two annual installments.

So it is costing the dealer a $1,000 for each model year.

If a dealer only gets one car for 2010 it is costing the dealer $1,000 just to get that one car. So if a dealer sells for invoice they actually lose a $1,000. At $500 over invoice they lose $500. At a $1,000 over invoice they break even.

If a dealer gets more than one car for 2010, then that $1,000 would need to be divided over the total number of cars they get which would reflect their actual cost over invoice per car.

I've had two ordered since Jan. 9th. They are both still sitting their on material hold. We do not know when they will get scheduled. We don't even know if we will get two. We will get at least one. Just don't know when!

I ordered one in Grabber Blue with White Stripes and one in Black with Grabber Blue Stripes.

I can change the order since none have been pulled yet. I will sell it for MSRP if anyone is interested. I just don't know yet when the car will get built. I will only accept ONE deposit on one car right now because I do not know yet whether we will get more than one.

I can change the order to whatever you want.

How are you losing $1,000 if you sell the car for invoice?

Invoice is not the dealer cost and you know it.

Anything above dealer cost is sheer profit. Invoice is essentially meeting the dealer halfway. You make some money, I save some money. Plus a blue oval certified dealer gets a holdback off invoice which your dealership clearly would.

Ex. 2008 GT500 dealer cost $36,340 MSRP $41,930 That is $5,590 profit for selling one car!

invoice with holdback $37,898

Trucks have even higher markups.

I ordered in mid April, $1000 over invoice.

While I may a bit uninformed, I agree with the above post, A quick sale for $1000 over invoice plus the hold back is not a bad deal for a dealer in this market. How many Fusions would they have to sell to make that kind of money in this market?

And as for the enrollment fee, I think a strong case could be made that it's a small price to pay to have the marketablility of the SVT product on a dealers lot to bring people in off the streets for a potential sale, let's face it, these cars will draw in the performance minded buyer. I have one dealership in my town that carries the SVT product and one that does not, guess which one I go to!

I contacted Treadwell Ford after reading your post. Immediate friendly response from Jimmy (Internet Manager) but wish I would have got the same deal. I was quoted $200 under MSRP. $1500 over invoice and I'd have a Shelby when I got back from my deployment.

Bummer.

Dave

Steve

I contacted Treadwell Ford after reading your post. Immediate friendly response from Jimmy (Internet Manager) but wish I would have got the same deal. I was quoted $200 under MSRP. $1500 over invoice and I'd have a Shelby when I got back from my deployment.

Bummer.

Dave

Dave

The person I have always dealt with is

Stanley Arnold (Internet Sales Manager)

888-873-2393 Main #

251-610-0078 Cell

I have bought several cars from Stanley and also am buying a truck from him and always paid cash. I think the fact that mine was the 2nd GT500 I have purchased from him made the difference in price for me.

If he offered you a new 2010 at $1,500 over invoice that is not a bad deal, a lot of guys would jump on that. These cars are allocated and they only get so many.

Stanley is really good to deal with and is a straight shooter, no BS. They do appreciate the business they receive, and treat their customers well and with respect. I have been buying cars for 40 years and this is by far the best Dealer I have done business with.

Steve Dunn

Panama City, Fla.

Hi Steve. If he would have offered $1500 over invoice, I would have jumped on that. In my post, I said that he offered $200 under MSRP. If you don't mind, I'll contact Stanley, and see what he can do.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Dave

The person I have always dealt with is

Stanley Arnold (Internet Sales Manager)

888-873-2393 Main #

251-610-0078 Cell

I have bought several cars from Stanley and also am buying a truck from him and always paid cash. I think the fact that mine was the 2nd GT500 I have purchased from him made the difference in price for me.

If he offered you a new 2010 at $1,500 over invoice that is not a bad deal, a lot of guys would jump on that. These cars are allocated and they only get so many.

Stanley is really good to deal with and is a straight shooter, no BS. They do appreciate the business they receive, and treat their customers well and with respect. I have been buying cars for 40 years and this is by far the best Dealer I have done business with.

Steve Dunn

Panama City, Fla.

Hi Steve. If he would have offered $1500 over invoice, I would have jumped on that. In my post, I said that he offered $200 under MSRP. If you don't mind, I'll contact Stanley, and see what he can do.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Roger that Dave, I misread your post. Good Luck with your hunt and I hope you can get a good deal. You may also want to try Cook Whitehead Ford, they would never deal on the 2007 thru 2009 GT500 but seem more willing to on the 2010, their allocation is 12 GT500s.

Again Good Luck and thanks for your service to our Nation it is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Steve

Archived