TEAM SHELBY FORUM

supercharger

Notice that my PSI gauge don't move. Isn't that gauge for the supercharger? I really haven't heard the supercharger kick off yet. I am old and have bad hearing. Just won't to know when it lites off. The manuals that came with it don't have alot of info for the Shelby's. Any ideas

Notice that my PSI gauge don't move. Isn't that gauge for the supercharger? I really haven't heard the supercharger kick off yet. I am old and have bad hearing. Just won't to know when it lites off. The manuals that came with it don't have alot of info for the Shelby's. Any ideas

Probably still in break-in calibration. The cars computer keeps it from producing boost thru a certain number of starts, etc...

Have you depressed the accelerator to the floor? This is not a turbo the gauge doesn't move util you nail it .

Cobra010

had the samee question==got a answer from Mustang5 on the forum

Hi Bob,

I'm no expert either, but it sounds like your car is working as designed. I think you'll find that you could be driving in second gear. Slowly accelerate to 6000 rpm using only moderate throttle and read no boost. This is normal. On the other had you can be at 1500 rpm in 3rd gear and floor it and you'll immediately see at least 5 pounds of boost. This is all normal. The system is setup to deliver boost to the engine at some preset throttle position, not at a given rpm. The beauty of our system is that you can get a lot of boost at a relatively low rpm.

Now to be honest with you, I have never had the time to look at the boost gauge while flooring it in 1st gear. I can tell by the power output and acceleration everthing is working just fine though. Remember if the throttle hasn't been pushed down near the floor, the engine won't put out boost.

The fun way to find out if your car is working properly is to take it to a local drag strip. If you can run around 13.0 seconds at 110 mph your car is working fine.

Now if you want a little more power I would reccommend the following. FRPP CAI with tune, and a set of 3.73:1 gears. This really makes the ole Shelby come to life. Through out my life I have always said you can never have to much power. Will I have the setup that I just suggested and it's enough power.

Have fun,

Rob

Basically what hes saying it only comes under on throttle,vs rpm.I found this to be true on the highway in 6th.If your going like 1800rpm, and floor it, the boost comes right on, If you try a slow launch in first,say get it to 3000rpm then floor it, itll come on.The 2010 boost is quietr than the 2009, you can hardlty hear it.So like me,relax,its working fine.Plus i was thinking with a 3:55 rear end and boost in 1sr gear,it mught be pretty near un-controllable--

PS, MM told me you have to drive it at least 6 miles in one stretch to initialze the supercharger--the manual actually says that.So he always does that before a customer picks up the car.So take it for a drive of atleats 6 miles,then it should be set for subsequent drives from the get go..bob

Maybe someone could chime in and tell me if there was a noticable difference on theirs?

Actually if yoiu do a slow throttle in 1st and then mash it, the ATC kicks in and its really louder.I havent tried it w/o the ATC on,since id need more room in case it spins out.bob

I have a 2008 and the guage has always moved since I brought it home. You should hear an unmistakable whining noise coming from the engine. I would take it back for the techs to look at.

I have a 2008 and the guage has always moved since I brought it home. You should hear an unmistakable whining noise coming from the engine. I would take it back for the techs to look at.

the 2010 reduced that whining sound quite a bit.I only notice it when the boost moves up

Took the Stang out this morning and the gauge does work. I didn't leave it on for too long, just punch it in second and seen it moved.

When I first got mine over a week ago I drove the car easy and didn't see any boost. As I explored the throttle more I was even surprised at how far I was pressing the accel. before the boost even wiggled. I believe there is a calibration for the first several miles/ ten ignition starts. Now I see boost all the time! LOL Enjoy getting to know your car. It's a keeper.

Archived