TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What I would do if I had money to burn.........

If I had money to burn (or I received a $30K gift and my wife didn't know about it).

1) Whipple 550 installed at TASCA

2) 18" razors with big brakes installed at TASCA

3) Spec 2+ clutch

4) Get the rear seat delete. I think this is cool but expensive.

5) Have the car repainted with the stripes painted on (including the SGT/SC on the sides), clear coat over, sanded and buff to a show car finish.

6) Griggs street suspension

This is my current dream list. If I can't get the Whipple installed at TASCA, it will be done locally at some point. Then I'll work on the others.

I like your list, but I think 20" wheels look better than 18". I will get a clutch when mine goes, maybe sooner. I also am thinking about the painted stripes at some point. The one mod you missed is the New Shelby interior, if that goes 20% off again I may have to do it.

I have no idea how much money I have into my car, just know it is a lot.

Worth every dollor, love my car..........

Oh, I like this thread.

1. Buy another hood, cut a hole in it and install that Chip Beck/Heath fiberglass hood scoop to help cool off the engine bay.

2. Have stripes painted on hole car

3. Get the future chip Beck modified strut tower that will work with the Whipple and above mentioned hood modification

4. Send my car to Shelby Mod shop and get a Whipple polished, gauges, forged internals, and whatever else I need to take the new power.

5. Get big brake package with aftermarket wheels (not sure which ones I would get at this point)

6. Get the Shelby Snake center consule cover and maybe the head rest covers.

7. Get a blue with silver stripes car cover.

8. Get the pin version of "SHELBY" for the rear so I don't have to worry about the letters coming off.

9. Get Brake ducts for the front

Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to dream...especially since I don't have a job right now...

Emailed Quantum and asked about the cost to install the Wipple 550, Vista Blue Shelby Brakes and a new Clutch, and that came out to just shy of $15,000.00....didn't include the gauge package for the Wipple...

Man, I need a new job :cry:

But as long as I'm dreaming, I want:

1. a deep draw hood,

2. all stripes painted on,

3. Driving Lights and Brake Ducts (Complete kit, not just part of it),

4. Kicker Stereo System,

5. Chrome or Blue Valve Covers,

I'm sure we can all keep on adding to the list, but for starters...since we're dreaming....LOL

The Whipple 550 is a wonderful thing....not sure whats next but I need more rubber on the rear...I like the subtle sleeper look I have going on right now, and its pretty quite at a stoplight...not much looks too fast unless you know about the stripe meaning. I am really really liking mine as is...great for taking my kid to school in. She is never late. :hysterical:

I dream about this all the time!

1) Grigg's suspension (street)

2) Brakes and tires (keeping original wheels)

3) Whipple

4) Chip Beck scoope and strut tower brace

5) Paint all stripes

6) Shelby interior package (new leather seats)

7) A really good alarm system with gps tracking

I got excited and forgot - FRPP cams and TB

After I complete my brake upgrades later this year, if / when I could ever afford it I would go with the classic Paxton S/C installed by Tasca (and that assumes that it is ever offered again), i.e., a registered Shelby GT/SC.

If it appears that an S/C just will not be possible (since it is such a big $$ hit at one time) I would at least go to w/ a 4:10 rear and a custom tune at some point, along w/ some additional N/A upgrades over time. In addition I plan to upgrade the control arms and panhard bar.

My goal is to focus on performance, not appearance, mods. I mean, heck, than Shelby GT is already a gorgeous car!

1. Open the hood/scoop

2. Investigate opening the rear scoops/brake ducting

3. Brake ducts/PIAA light kit up front

4. Redo stripe/paint my front bumper (to remove the license plate)

5. Rear suspension setup (I'm not sure what I want to do exactly yet) but it's gonna be better!

6. A-Pillar gauges

7. Lower grill insert (painted black) *Thx Pottydr for that idea

8. Upgrade brakes

9. Roll bar

10. Long tubes with hi-flo cats.

After I complete my brake upgrades later this year, if / when I could ever afford it I would go with the classic Paxton S/C installed by Tasca (and that assumes that it is ever offered again), i.e., a registered Shelby GT/SC.

If it appears that an S/C just will not be possible (since it is such a big $$ hit at one time) I would at least go to w/ a 4:10 rear and a custom tune at some point, along w/ some additional N/A upgrades over time. In addition I plan to upgrade the control arms and panhard bar.

My goal is to focus on performance, not appearance, mods. I mean, heck, than Shelby GT is already a gorgeous car!

Wow, is this the same ilmor that was never going to mod his car? How things change.

Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to dream...especially since I don't have a job right now...

Emailed Quantum and asked about the cost to install the Wipple 550, Vista Blue Shelby Brakes and a new Clutch, and that came out to just shy of $15,000.00....didn't include the gauge package for the Wipple...

Man, I need a new job :cry:

But as long as I'm dreaming, I want:

1. a deep draw hood,

2. all stripes painted on,

3. Driving Lights and Brake Ducts (Complete kit, not just part of it),

4. Kicker Stereo System,

5. Chrome or Blue Valve Covers,

I'm sure we can all keep on adding to the list, but for starters...since we're dreaming....LOL

FIFTEEN GEEZ ?!?! Oh man... Now look and see what you've got me doin' :cry::cry::cry:

Well....maybe the registry will have to take a back seat......

Seriously, I wish you the best on finding a great job ! God Speed !

15K ! :cry:

I like this thread too! ;)

1. Complete my Griggs GR40ST by upgrading to the front "SLA"

2. Finish painting on rest of stripes (hood already done)

3. MMR 5.0 stroker 950 HP short block (Techco stroker kit will have to do for now)

4. MMR stage 2 heads

5. Techco 3.0L blower (Paxton for now)

6. Griggs power racing seats

7. Shelby Torq-Thrust M 18x10 rims & Toyo RA1's

8. Griggs 4-on-4 brakes

9. Shelby radiator/heat-ex

10. JBA long tubes & x-pipe

I like this thread too! ;)

1. Complete my Griggs GR40ST by upgrading to the front "SLA"

2. Finish painting on rest of stripes (hood already done)

3. MMR 5.0 stroker 950 HP short block (Techco stroker kit will have to do for now)

4. MMR stage 2 heads

5. Techco 3.0L blower (Paxton for now)

6. Griggs power racing seats

7. Shelby Torq-Thrust M 18x10 rims & Toyo RA1's

8. Griggs 4-on-4 brakes

9. Shelby radiator/heat-ex

10. JBA long tubes & x-pipe

nice list :shift:

Wow, is this the same ilmor that was never going to mod his car? How things change.

It's you guys' fault!! Reading these threads did it as the temptation became too great!!

:lol:

Still, it will be a slooowww process for me. And I want anything I do to be all-Shelby if possible (but they didn't have the brake upgrades I needed that would accomodate the 18" Bullits.

If I had money to burn (or I received a $30K gift and my wife didn't know about it).

1) Whipple 550 installed at TASCA

2) 18" razors with big brakes installed at TASCA

3) Spec 2+ clutch

4) Get the rear seat delete. I think this is cool but expensive.

5) Have the car repainted with the stripes painted on (including the SGT/SC on the sides), clear coat over, sanded and buff to a show car finish.

6) Griggs street suspension

This is my current dream list. If I can't get the Whipple installed at TASCA, it will be done locally at some point. Then I'll work on the others.

I did a list of all the Shelby stuff, etc. I"ve bought for this car. The list is long but it's mostly eye candy like tower brace, Steeda carbon fiber elbow, Shelby gauges, engine cap set, engine hardware, with some things like another wheel and tire, a real spare with jack, etc. But no performance items except new tunes and a SCT tuner.

My total comes to about $4000. I can't believe I've spent $4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really at a loss now. There is nothing I really want to get next except for a supercharger and I can't afford it. What am I gonna do? :doh:

Have my engine builder take the new 351 block and build it up to 750 hp, also so it could run yet on 93 octane.

Buy another SGT and make it unbeatable.

Go to the local strip joint and tuck 100$ bills in their grenade strings (g-strings) all night, and the next night, and so on. This would be part of Storm Easton's economic stimulas plan. A dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Have my engine builder take the new 351 block and build it up to 750 hp, also so it could run yet on 93 octane.

Buy another SGT and make it unbeatable.

Go to the local strip joint and tuck 100$ bills in their grenade strings (g-strings) all night, and the next night, and so on. This would be part of Storm Easton's economic stimulas plan. A dirty job but somebody has to do it.

I like your economic stimulus plan!!! :drool:

I like your economic stimulus plan!!! :drool:

Since I have money to burn I will gladly fly you up here and you could help.

Since I have money to burn I will gladly fly you up here and you could help.

OR you could adopt me and help me complete my mod list! LOL I don't think my wife would appreciate me giving C Notes to strippers...although it would bring back some good memories of the good old days...

Money to burn, eh?

OK. I set up a few operations:

1) The "Incinerator", a concierge-style service that takes your lists and your cars and your incendiary dollars and returns the cars to you fully completed in - oh, maybe ten days max or you get a 10% discount. My prices are all wholesale plus 10% anyway; flat rate manual plus 15% expert bump for labor.

2) The "BS Stops Here", where my staff of experts serially applies all popular mods to our fleet of vehicles and runs carefully controlled tests in order to determine which really work, which work best, and which are worth the bucks. Results are confidential, and buyers have to sign a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) contract with very healthy $$$ penalties for releasing DNA-coded information.

3) The "Reality Shop", where I take your choice of modern Mustang and transform it into a properly-scaled sporting vehicle (something like 85-90% the size of production models) more like a diamond-cutters tool than a set of varied sizes of sledge hammer. It could happen.

4) The "Orgasmatron": I hire a personal assistant or three to run all those enterprises while I tour the world with my fleet of Optimized Mustang Glories, driving the finest roads in the finest vehicles, leaving a trail of ravenous supplicants, satisfied customers and grateful associates.

5) The "Braniac": think-tank devoted to developing concepts irresistible to Mustang Obsessives, output of which will be cycled into 1, 2, and 3, thereby supporting 4, above.

How can I miss?

if i had money to burn.......

i would buy a second sgt!

mad max style baby!! AKA Shelby WARMACHINE!!

i would chop, tub, and add fender flares so it would fit 14 inch wide tires on the back 10.5 to 11.5 front, it would recieve an all electronic 555 edelbrock with fully forged internals plus steel sleeves, nitro-meth injection plus TWO large high rise superchargers angled coming out through the top of the hood, short stacks that vent strait out the hood or out the fenders, a fully built tr6060 transmission or similar. fully caged interior plus all leather racing seats(corbeu cr1's) custom interior in the rear(im feeling a cargo area) custom built suspention with a watts link on the backside.

oh and fully functioning side scoops the quarters will feed the brakes and the windows will feed the transmission oil cooler!

would aim for just north of 3k hp with the nitrometh..........(yeah i know im dreaming there)

car built 2

same thing except use a modular supercharged 6.3l v-8 with forged and sleeved internals plus a 2.8 kenne bell on the top. KR style hood with shaker scoop coming up through it feeding the supercharger, the twin intakes below that would feed 2 custom inter coolers.

i would want atleast 1200 hp out of this one (thats not too much to ask would be all 100LL or higher though)

i mioght as well face the music. im going to built one of these cars one of these days!

so whatca all think?

OK, If you had exactly $3,000 to PERFORMANCE mod your stock SGT for MAXIMUM RWHP.......what would you have done to it ?? Which mods would you do yourself and which ones should a professional do ?

Which tuner would you suggest I purchase?

I consider myself mechanically "intermediate".

OK, If you had exactly $3,000 to PERFORMANCE mod your stock SGT for MAXIMUM RWHP.......what would you have done to it ?? Which mods would you do yourself and which ones should a professional do ?

Which tuner would you suggest I purchase?

I consider myself mechanically "intermediate".

Ford EFI Wet Nitrous System w/ Bottle Heater ~ $950

http://www.holley.com/02121NOS.asp

Mickey Thompson ET Street tires w/ 17" takeoff wheels ~ $700

http://www.brenspeed.com/silverdragpack.html

Adjustable Upper/Lower Control Arms ~$500

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangSUSPENSION.htm

Custom race gas tune on dyno plus handheld tuner ~ $600

Total $2750

$250 left over for gas, helmet, goggles, scarf, beer!

Archived