TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007/08 Trade in on 2010

I would never trade my '08 for a '10. The looks of the '07-09 can not be matched. They missed the boat with the 2010 in my opinion.

+1

But do wish I had bought my '08 late enough in the build to not have the flywheel problem. Or waited until '09.

But I just HAD to have it.

"But do wish I had bought my '08 late enough in the build to not have the flywheel problem. Or waited until '09.

But I just HAD to have it. "

Because of the "Limited Production" that Ford had promised, who could afford to wait? :poke:

"But do wish I had bought my '08 late enough in the build to not have the flywheel problem. Or waited until '09.

But I just HAD to have it. "

Because of the "Limited Production" that Ford had promised, who could afford to wait? :poke:

Wow, were you reading my mind?!?!?! That's me to a tee!

The 2010 is bad-a$$ for sure, but they will make the 07-09's look 'classic'

The '07-'09's massive success paved the way for the 2010's!!!

+1! I think that it finally puts a wrap on us. I feel old already.

Wow, were you reading my mind?!?!?! That's me to a tee!

Oh well :shrug: It allowed those of us that are unworthy to buy one ;)

Yup

I agree that they messed up the classic look with the new 2010's! I have seen several 2010 GT's on the road the last few weeks and when I saw them I instantly thought of the 1980's Stang look!...which I never liked!

The good news is that it just makes the ones we have instant classics!...and with a few minor changes (one piece driveshaft, new air intake, new program, upgraded shocks and struts, new upper and lower control arms) we can have the same or better performance than the 2010 models! ...and still look better!

MSB Mustang / Mark

I like the front and back ends better on the 07 - 09's than 10's...

I like the console, seats and steering wheel better in the 10's... I like the wheels too because they look easier to clean... And the heater controls that come with the nav system...

All in all I think I would keep my 09 over a 10... Unless the trade was straight accross!!

I like the front and back ends better on the 07 - 09's than 10's...

I like the console, seats and steering wheel better in the 10's... I like the wheels too because they look easier to clean... And the heater controls that come with the nav system...

All in all I think I would keep my 09 over a 10... Unless the trade was straight accross!!

I forgot one thing...I also HATE the square vents in the middle of the dash on the 2010. The 4 round matching vents on the 07-09's look better. But looks are a very personal thing!

Also I have never had a problem cleaning the stock 18" wheels? What are you comparing with?

MSB Mustang / Mark

I just meant there are less nooks and crannies to wipe off... It wouldn't take as long!! More driving time!!

I wash my car almost every day.... I like a clean machine!!

I forgot one thing...I also HATE the square vents in the middle of the dash on the 2010. The 4 round matching vents on the 07-09's look better. But looks are a very personal thing!

Also I have never had a problem cleaning the stock 18" wheels? What are you comparing with?

MSB Mustang / Mark

I actually like those. It's just like my 70 and is part of the throwback look IMHO.

The only thing I like about the 2010 model over the previous model are:

Factory CAI

1 piece drive shaft

Updated clutch assembly

Steering wheel controls

Seat color inserts

Rear fender mounted antenna

Sequential tail lamps

Things i'm on the fence about:

Exhaust (I haven't heard it yet)

Front nose of the car

....things I do not like about it:

Rear end......horrible

Dash board which includes round vents & square vents (yes, even though it's a throwback from the 60's)

The angle of the dash where the navigation/radio/heater knobs are

No freaking center console armrest

Rear end..........did I mention that already ?

Guest markham51

The way I look at it is this...

Option A> Take a hit on the 07 to 10 upgrade (Red convert)

Option B> Upgrade the 07....Spend the extra cash on power upgrades (K Bell SC) and Alcoa 20inch wheels

Decided on Plan B!

It's not about whether I like the 07 or 10 better. I've BONDED with this car and I'm not trading it in because its emotional!

I like the front end of the 2010 and the fact that it doesn't seem to have the heat soak concern the 07-09 have so Ford must of put a bigger heat exchanger or changes in the cooling system on the 2010. I also agree the 07-09 overall look much better and you would be better served to take the money it would take to trade up and update your current GT500.

Archived