TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VERY VERY Tempted

MarkGT08

While I was at the dealer getting my Shelby looked at (my traction control issue), I walked around and looked at all the Mustang/Shelby's in the lot. They still have a bunch of brand new 2008, 2009, and now 2010 V6 and GT Mustangs on the lot. And with Ford still giving 72 month 0% percent financing, along with the dealer knocking 1/4 + off of the sticker price......this is getting too tempting. Should I pull the trigger? I am afraid that if I pass on this, I might wish that I had taken advantage when this was such a buyer's market.

I don't necessarily need another Shelby, but a lesser "daily driver" might be a good idea. Getting a brand new 08 Mustang GT for low to mid 20's is a hard deal to pass up. And with my disappointment in the 2010 Mustang rear-end look, I think I must have some additional reason to do this.

(Does anyone else think the back end of the 2010 Mustangs look very Japanese "rice burner-like"?) :jackinbox:

Quick, someone take my checkbook and hide it.

While I was at the dealer getting my Shelby looked at (my traction control issue), I walked around and looked at all the Mustang/Shelby's in the lot. They still have a bunch of brand new 2008, 2009, and now 2010 V6 and GT Mustangs on the lot. And with Ford still giving 72 month 0% percent financing, along with the dealer knocking 1/4 + off of the sticker price......this is getting too tempting. Should I pull the trigger? I am afraid that if I pass on this, I might wish that I had taken advantage when this was such a buyer's market.

I don't necessarily need another Shelby, but a lesser "daily driver" might be a good idea. Getting a brand new 08 Mustang GT for low to mid 20's is a hard deal to pass up. And with my disappointment in the 2010 Mustang rear-end look, I think I must have some additional reason to do this.

(Does anyone else think the back end of the 2010 Mustangs look very Japanese "rice burner-like"?) :jackinbox:

I'd tell you to go beat them up on that Black KR they have sitting in the showroom! :)

I'm the same way. My daily driver is a BMW Z3 that is getting pretty ratty.

And the 2010 butt looks like a 1976 Celica.

When I saw the 2010 body style I knew I needed to get a 2005-2009 while I still can.

I'm thinking a V6 Automatic Convertible would work.

I don't necessarily need another Shelby, but a lesser "daily driver" might be a good idea.

If you have the financial security, go for it.

My wife's DD is a 2005 Hyundai Sonata.

Starting tomorrow my DD will be a 2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew cab Duramax! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

If you have the financial security, go for it.

My wife's DD is a 2005 Hyundai Sonata.

Starting tomorrow my DD will be a 2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew cab Duramax! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for the "heads up". Based on your purchase, I just bought some more oil company stock. :hysterical:

I'm the same way. My daily driver is a BMW Z3 that is getting pretty ratty.

And the 2010 butt looks like a 1976 Celica.

When I saw the 2010 body style I knew I needed to get a 2005-2009 while I still can.

I'm thinking a V6 Automatic Convertible would work.

Rear end is UGLY!!, but so wa the 01-04 Mustang INMO. I have a 2004 BMW 330 as my daily driver, love it, one of the best cars i have owned, but I was just talking last week that I am tempted to sell it and get an 08 Bullit

I envy all of you that live down south and can actually have a car like this as a Daily Driver. Maybe one of these days I will be in the same boat. If I lived down south my Daily Driver would be another toy, certainly not anything practical, that is what my wifes Honda Mini-van is for.

We found two grayco's at sears that were norrow enough at the base to fit in the back seat. I think we paid $480.00 cad for both. The simpson and recaro's are definately nice though. When we were looking for seats to fit in the car for the kids the recaros were more money than what they are now.

I could have sworn they were more money than that when we were looking in March. Aaahhh well.

I envy all of you that live down south and can actually have a car like this as a Daily Driver. Maybe one of these days I will be in the same boat. If I lived down south my Daily Driver would be another toy, certainly not anything practical, that is what my wifes Honda Mini-van is for.

300 days of sunshine each year..... :stirpot:

The rear end will look hot if it is sanded down and painted the color of the car.

With a 1991 Nissan Maxima that runs perfectly parked next to a 2006 Yamaha YZF-600R6, a 2008 Suzuki GSX-R1300 "Hayabusa," and a 2007 Shelby GT, you can guess that the Maxima NEVER EVER gets driven.

my point being, it will be VERY hard to take out the Mustang when you've got a Shelby sitting right next to it.

Nah. I like driving the Shelby, but I worry about things like rock chips and the idiot next to me.

I also don't want to rack up miles on it.

My daily driver needs to be one I can drive with abandon and still get decent fuel economy.

Right now it's a Z3, but I'd like something newer and a little bigger.

There's the winner-buy a v-6 vert for cheap then Teringua package. There's your new DD. :happy feet:

+1

If you're keen on saving some dough, just upgrade to the 'appearance package' for $10k.

There's a hell of a cool daily driver, IMO.

Ken

Nah. I like driving the Shelby, but I worry about things like rock chips and the idiot next to me.

I also don't want to rack up miles on it.

My daily driver needs to be one I can drive with abandon and still get decent fuel economy.

Right now it's a Z3, but I'd like something newer and a little bigger.

Save the money and use it to fix the rock chips and counteract the miles hit, if you ever sell it...drive the Shelby you only live once...edit: Bootsy Collins...free your ass and your mind will follow. Drive it and after the second rock chip you will enjoy it more I promise....

Archived