TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Cafe Closes Their Doors

robertlane

Damn, this is sad news. When I picked up my Super Snake, lunch was one of the highlights of the trip. My daughter, who's name is Shelby, got a kick out of seeing her name all over the place. So sad as the current economy is taking a toll across this country that we might never fully recover from.

Some pics of the trip:

shelby%20cafe%201.jpg

shelby%20cafe%202.jpg

shelby%20cafe.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Sad News indeed..........

Location is everything, I hope they reopen, even if it is in a different location. I wander if it would be possible to get licensing to open a "SHELBY CAFE" here in Tallahassee????????

The Cafe was a special place indeed. It was a great place to for every Shelby enthusiast to meet each other.

Everything was going well, until the severe downturn in the economy. I think the amount of visitors to Las Vegas in general terms is down in the 20-30% range.

We were poised to begin selling Cafe items on the ShelbyStore, however, I am not sure where that stands now. We're not talking about the Cafe today :cry: Maybe after Tulsa we can see what to do with the items.

There has been questions on how this links to SAI. All that I can say is that new products will be unveiled in Tulsa and more are in development at a fast pace.

This is sad news indeed. My wife and I ate there twice last Jan. It's a neat place, great food and great people! I hope that this is a temperary situation and that they reopen soon.

Mike

Not good!

I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

No kidding!

How much in the way of donations from TS members would they need to keep it open? I'd be interested in saving some history. Anyone else??? Craig

I agree! It was a fun place to eat after hanging out at the factory...

Agghhhh! I was going there Monday! I trust the museum will still be open!

Yes it will be a very quite week most of us will be at Tulsa for the nationals. But the museum will be open and the tours are 10.30 everyday.

Sharon

Sorry to hear this news. I'm glad I had the opportunity to have lunch there during the Shelby 427 race weekend. Now all of us who did are part of Shelby history.

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

I am REALLY glad my son and I got to eat there the Monday after the 427 race. He is really becoming a Shelby fan and this was a highlight. I did get him the place mats, but have not mounted them yet.

The only thing he really wants to do now is meet Mr. Shelby. I need to get working on that.

It's a shame that they couldn't (or wouldn't) find an investor/buyer to help keep it open.

My thoughts and prayers for the employees who are affected by this.

Never got to go there, It was on my list. I had a business that i closed down a few months back, so I know that its hard on everyone, especially employess. It is also hard, but this is something that you cant advertise to the public that you are closing, you just have to do it and hope for a future re-opening.

Location, location, location.

P.S: Dont ask me how....But I have a MENU:)

Never got to go there, It was on my list. I had a business that i closed down a few months back, so I know that its hard on everyone, especially employess. It is also hard, but this is something that you cant advertise to the public that you are closing, you just have to do it and hope for a future re-opening.

Location, location, location.

P.S: Dont ask me how....But I have a MENU:)

Alright Louis, fess up. Just how did you get that menu???????

Archived