TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Cafe Closes Their Doors

robertlane

Due to tough economic times in the Las Vegas area, the Shelby Cafe is closed until conditions in the area improve.

It comes down to this: Tourism is down in Nevada between 20-30% and business occupancy in the immediate area surrounding Shelby is down 60%.

Aside from the Cafe reopening, there are possible plans to franchise the Cafe outside of the Las Vegas area.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm really saddened to hear that.

Yes what a bummer. Hope it reopens some day too.

Sad news indeed. I have been trying to get out to the Vegas area (never been there), and visiting the Café was on my list of "must do's". I'll visit Shelby, but I guess I'll pack a box lunch.

Not to be a vulture, but what will happen to the Café's decorations and other items? Thanksgiving dinner on Shelby placemats would get a comment from the family for sure :hysterical:

That's disappointing. Though I guess not surprising given the economy. And it is kinda out of the way at the track - you must really want to go there for them to have good business.

Will there be an opportunity for the Café items? Up for sale in the Store or up for auction online?

As you know, Robert, from from my previous thread about items from the Cafe I would love to have product from them. But I would rather see it re-opened for the enjoyment of those who appreciate what is stood for. This is ia real shame and hope there are posibilities for a future for it. I was even hoping to see another location on the strip (better location and visibility), and elsewhere, brigning focus on the original location and the plant/museum.

Unbelievable that really sucks. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was the best. I am really glad I took video of inside the cafe so I never forget how cool it was.

I'm not going to be greedy and ask for more than one Menu :slapfight:

If the doors are closed forever it would be a good idea to have an online auction. The coolest item in the cafe is the TV HOODS and the menu next. I truely hope this is temporary and they are just closing to expand.

This really bums me out. :headscratch:

The only way my wife was to get me out to Vegas was if she promised to take me to the Shelby Cafe later on this year during my vacation break from school and now I hear this :banghead:

I sure hope its temporary. I hope this does not lead to other closures of mod shops because we'd still like to have one in Florida.

Damn, this is really sad news. Had lunch there Tuesday and the place was jumping. Great food, great prices and great people.

Hey Robert or Sharon, is it possible to get a full set of the 1-30 place mats?

So sad. When I was in Vegas I went to the Cafe twice just for the atmosphere, food, and nice people working there. We can only hope they will try to reopen. Now sitting in my office Im looking at the place mats I had laminated and hung them all on my wall.

Not good news, we ate there also and it seemed busy, I guess it just wasn't enough.

Can I buy the floor tiles, cash register and salt shakers? J/K ...an earlier post summed it up...no need to cannabilize the goodies just yet...maybe it is temporary.

They had really good food, and Im glad I got to visit a couple times...but it fits the cycle of all my favorite restaurants...closed. What a shame. :headscratch:

Also glad someone bought me a set of placemats, and I never opened them..

That damn Marvin Zindler strikes again! Was there slime in the ice machine? :hysterical: (This is a Houston reference)

I don't know all of the details, however, I wanted to let everyone know who is planning a trip to SAI that effective today at 3:00pm (18 June), the Shelby Cafe has closed their doors.

Very sad. This had become a very big part of our trips to SAI. The food, staff and the decor was wonderfull. We were already making

our plans to meet everyone there while at SEMA. I hope the doors open up again. Very sad.

Archived