TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New tires from Ford

I brought my car into my local ford dealership today and the guy said he couldn't do anything for me since the tread wear was even. My dad went in, and talked to them and told them how cheap the tires were. They continued to tell my father that the tires were $549 a piece and told my dad if he payed for one they would pay for the other. I told my dad they are $163 a piece on Tirerack.com. The dealership said they would pay for both if I gave them proof they are that cheap. Thanks Tirerack.com for my new tires!!!!

Maybe I should try that. How many miles did you have on them?

Good work! kind of frustrating how many people at the dealerships are so damn ignorant about the products they sell and work on all day.....incredible!

which tires did you get the stocck GT500 tires or the KR(suppose to have a better compound)

Stock GT500 tires, the KR's actually have worse treadwear.

Good work! kind of frustrating how many people at the dealerships are so damn ignorant about the products they sell and work on all day.....incredible!

Not even 12,000. I'm at 11,XXX but they've been gone for a while now. Very scary in the rain.

Stock GT500 tires, the KR's actually have worse treadwear.

Not even 12,000. I'm at 11,XXX but they've been gone for a while now. Very scary in the rain.

wow it gets driven in the rain. mine doesnt like to see rain

cluscher,

Had my tires replaced at 11,000 for uneven wear and excessive vibration. Dealer shrugged me off initially and I went to Goodyear. The Goodyear dealer confirmed the defect but would only prorate the exchange. Called Ford Cust Svc and they reimbursed me for the other 50% of the replacement cost. Had to jump though a few hoops but worth it. Unfortunate that the dealer did not take care of it for me in the first place. Cost me some time and aggravation in phone calls, etc... But Ford and Goodyear together did ultimately make it right.

Now have 8,000 on my replacement F1's and they are fine.

Cool, I'm hitting 11k on mine too and the only real wear is on the rear ones! Imagine that! And my wife drives it most of the time!

Thanks for the info!

I know no one is going to believe this... but I have 24,000 miles on the original tires. I wonder if I can get new tires from Ford?

16?????!!! and a 500? oh my :doh:

We went through this last year. He's probably 17 by now.

Anyway, back on topic. What is this so called "defect" we're talking about? If Ford and Goodyear know about it, why not the rest of us guys?

Someone post some concrete evidence about a defect for us.

Anyway, back on topic. What is this so called "defect" we're talking about? If Ford and Goodyear know about it, why not the rest of us guys?

Still 16, not even 16 1/2. But I'll see what I can find.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the "take off" wheels/tires on ebay and the "special discount" tires on the Tire Rack? Would love to see some info on the defect and what the build dates are.

-DH

Archived