TEAM SHELBY FORUM

allocations? 1 car per dealer?

MYGT500

I was reading today on another Shelby site,that ford now says 1 car per dealership..but to me it doesn't

sound right...any one have info? I had heard 2-3 cars per SVT dealer,unless they are refering to regular ford dealers..

here is the link

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/2007-sh...order-date.html

Yesterday my dealer told me that every Ford dealership would get one, they are a new SVT dealer and he said he was told he would get at least two, possibly three. He said he was told by their Ford rep that they should receive allocation around the end of March to the beginning of April. At that point they will start at the top of their list and call customers as allocation is received and take orders and deposits at that time.

I was reading today on another Shelby site,that ford now says 1 car per dealership..but to me it doesn't

sound right...any one have info? I had heard 2-3 cars per SVT dealer,unless they are refering to regular ford dealers..

here is the link

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/2007-sh...order-date.html

My dealer told me full-line SVT dealers will get 2, plus another one for blue oval certification. Don't know if he's just blowing smoke, but he seems to think he'll get at least 3.

Full line SVT dealers get 2 extra GT500's guaranteed. Focus only SVT dealers get 1 extra GT500 guaranteed. New SVT dealers will get one GT500 minimum. Any of the SVT dealers who win the presitgeous 2005 Presidents Award (not just Blue Oval Certified - that's too easy) get an extra GT500 guaranteed. Then, how ever many GT500's are left over will be allocated proportionally based on each dealers' individual 2005 Mustang sales volume.

For example, the dealership I work at has been a full-line SVT dealer since 1993, so we get 2. Then we get another for winning the President's Award. We're a big volume Mustang dealer in the NW, so we figure we'll get several more for our share of 2005 Mustang sales. We should end up with 5-8 GT500's.

Some new SVT dealers that historically don't sell many Mustangs will likely get just 1 (maybe 2) GT500's. The average existing SVT dealers will get several GT500's. The really huge Mustang gods (like Galpin Ford in SoCal) will get a couple dozen GT500's.

We'll know for sure in March when Ford announces actual allocation to each dealership. Until then, dealers are only guessing how many they'll (we'll) get.

My SVT dealer told me he's expecting 12-14 GT500's.

But maybe that's because there are fewer SVT dealerships here in Canada.

Regardless I'm safe, being number two on the list.

Counting the minutes............... :happy feet:

KingCobra.

Archived