TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction control...

OCD

I shut it off for the first time and wound 'er up and let 'er go...

Engine screamin, tires burning and a big cloud of smoke...

YEE HA!!!

:happy feet:

I think my first mod is gonna be rear tires...

And I don't think my mom is ever going to let me take her for a cruise again...

I made the mistake of dumping the clutch with the TC on... and later had to take it off and lay down some birth marks to just make sure :shrug:

Sooooothes the soul!! Don't get too happy though, 'dem Goodyear's don't have enough life as it is!!

YEE HA!!!

Man, you got me belly laughing. Awesome post!!

YEE HA!!!

Great stuff OCD.

Did that exact same thing last weekend only with my Dad (74 yrs old) in the passenger seat. He is still grinning and laughing.... :burnout:

YEE HA!!!

Sounds like FUN! What rpm did you rev the engine to before dumping the clutch?

I hear you about constantly having to find new playgrounds for your GT500. Our cars have such a presence, not to mention speed and it generates a whole lot of exhaust growl that I am always looking for new locations to have some fun... :peelout: ... without provoking the farmers in my neck of the woods to come after me with their 12-gauges .... :blink:

- BORG

Sounds like FUN! What rpm did you rev the engine to before dumping the clutch?

I hear you about constantly having to find new playgrounds for your GT500. Our cars have such a presence, not to mention speed and it generates a whole lot of exhaust growl that I am always looking for new locations to have some fun... :peelout: ... without provoking the farmers in my neck of the woods to come after me with their 12-gauges .... :blink:

- BORG

About 4500 rpm... But I'm not gonna suggest to do that, I'm fully prepared to pay for broken parts, on my car only!! Sometimes you pay to play!! I figure life is short, I'm going to enjoy it... Big smokey burnouts make me happy!! So would a short throw shifter!!

These beasts have so much torque that all one has to do is shut off the TC, get the tires rolling and punch it... Smoke and rubber loss will ensue, but hold on tight the rear end can swing out really easy... To me going sideways is half the fun!!

YEE HA!!!

You didn't have anything to clean up in the passenger seat, did you??? :hysterical3:

You didn't have anything to clean up in the passenger seat, did you??? :hysterical3:

:hysterical:

No clean up needed!! She pretty well knew what was coming but I don't think she realized how much power the Shelby has... Heh!!

I don't think my TC works anymore. I can spin the tires in 1st and 2nd gear with it turned on......and this car is STOCK !!

I never remember to turn it off anymore.

That's weird.

Mine will won't spin them at WOT in 2nd with TC on. Hell, even with it off they won't spin them like my old Procharged Z06 did. I could be going 35mph in 2nd in that car and flooring it would result in smoke. I thought something might be wrong but the dyno says I'm around 600rwhp. I'm thinking (hoping?) that my suspension is putting the power to work instead of it going up in smoke.

That's weird.

Mine will won't spin them at WOT in 2nd with TC on. Hell, even with it off they won't spin them like my old Procharged Z06 did. I could be going 35mph in 2nd in that car and flooring it would result in smoke. I thought something might be wrong but the dyno says I'm around 600rwhp. I'm thinking (hoping?) that my suspension is putting the power to work instead of it going up in smoke.

Man, I dont know about that....

I break my tires loose with TC on in 3rd....I can totally spin and smoke the tires in 1st and 2nd with it on...maybe mine doesnt work right?

Man, I dont know about that....

I break my tires loose with TC on in 3rd....I can totally spin and smoke the tires in 1st and 2nd with it on...maybe mine doesnt work right?

Seriously, me too. I have the car going sideways and tires squealing in 2nd gear with TC on.

Archived