TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to introduce new intake manifold

The article states that it "allows" a bump up to 7500 RPM based on the breathing only. I think the engine still needs to be modded to be able to safely rev that high. I thought the redline limit was all about how much the crank/piston/valves could take before they are stressed beyong design specs. I don't think you could just bolt on the manifold and then suddently rev it to 7500 RPM without making some major internal mods.

Am I wrong?

The article states that it "allows" a bump up to 7500 RPM based on the breathing only. I think the engine still needs to be modded to be able to safely rev that high. I thought the redline limit was all about how much the crank/piston/valves could take before they are stressed beyong design specs. I don't think you could just bolt on the manifold and then suddently rev it to 7500 RPM without making some major internal mods.

Am I wrong?

i agree, i think 7ks the burst point for our internals, but i could be wrong.

They're just saying it will support 7500rpm ...engine still has to be built to take that.

I'm wondering if this isn't a spinoff from development of the 400HP 5.0 Coyote spray-bore revised-modular coming next year to the '11MY M-GT :woohoo:;)

They're just saying it will support 7500rpm ...engine still has to be built to take that.

I'm wondering if this isn't a spinoff from development of the 400HP 5.0 Coyote spray-bore revised-modular coming next year to the '11MY M-GT :woohoo:;)

Good call Dan, I'd bet anything that you're dead on!

Archived