TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing On Its Way To Releasing New Three-Valve Intake Manifold

That is awesome news! I had no idea they were even working on one, but have often wondered if/when FRPP would release one.

This thing looks way cool! I hope that it's affordable and I can't wait to see the #'s. :happy feet:

Thanks for the link man.

Ken

no-subject.jpg

Wonder how the HP would be with cam, FRPP heads, and FRPP TB. The combo should be over 400 HP (flywheel) without the stress of a supercharger. If the current 3v intake is similar to the 2v intake (plastic) they eventually crack and leak. They become brittle from the heat.

Strut tower brace?

If I'm going to loose that it better be for a supercharger or some major HP gain!

:shift:

My plan = do both!

Paxton + FRPP intake + Comp cams + Techco rods/pistons/crank = Shelby GT 'King of the Road edition' ;)

should think about some CNC heads to go with those cams

Hey man, let's not get carried away.. :hysterical:

(too late?)

Anyway, here's what autoblog had to say on the new intake: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/17/ford-ra...or-modular-v8s/

Lots of interesting claims and that price tag looks great! :)

Ken

p.s. This is what the latest Ford Racing 'Fast News' mentioned about it:

"M-9424-463V Coming Soon

Cams, blowers and turbos! Oh my! Until now they were all at the mercy of the stock intake manifold and its limitations. The new Ford Racing performance 3-valve manifold is designed to take advantage of high lift cams, ported heads, and forced induction freeing up horsepower and extending your RPM range. As witnessed at the Ford Racing Invitational this past weekend at Milan Dragway, Ford Racing is planning to release a new EFI hi-flow intake manifold for 4.6L 3 valve engines. Look for availability later this Summer."

ford-racing-manifold.jpg

Archived