TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My broken Drive shaft

me32

well here are the pics of the broken Drive shaft that broke when my buddy was driving on the last pass at sac race way. there was no damage to the car. we put the stock one back on today and the car is up an running. im gonna email PowerHouse these pics aswell to see what they can do for me about the drive shaft.

also im only making 544hp and 490TQ. it was from a 2nd to 3rd gear shift and broke. also it was on street tires. never had DR's on the car.

brokenDriveShaft001.jpg

brokenDriveShaft002.jpg

brokenDriveShaft003.jpg

brokenDriveShaft004.jpg

brokenDriveShaft005.jpg

brokenDriveShaft007.jpg

brokenDriveShaft008.jpg

brokenDriveShaft009.jpg

brokenDriveShaft011.jpg

brokenDriveShaft010.jpg

also im only making 544hp and 490TQ. it was from a 2nd to 3rd gear shift and broke. also it was on street tires. never had DR's on the car.

Are your horsepower and torque figures at the rear wheels or the flywheel?

Jim

well here are the pics of the broken Drive shaft that broke when my buddy was driving on the last pass at sac race way. there was no damage to the car. we put the stock one back on today and the car is up an running. im gonna email PowerHouse these pics aswell to see what they can do for me about the drive shaft.

Ouch. That's awfully curious.

On a side note, check out the Team Shelby Nor-Cal thread for events and meets in our area. :superhero:

Ken

strange..but good thing for safety loops...sorry for the failure. curious as to why.

thats what i would like to know as well. to me it just might have had a weak link from production

I am sure Wes will make it right. he is a stand up guy.

who is wes by the way i emailed a name Mike Bowen from powerhouse?

Are your horsepower and torque figures at the rear wheels or the flywheel?

Jim

yes those numbers are at the rear wheels on a dyno jet

+1 great guy.

+2 Wes will make it right.

Ouch. That's awfully curious.

On a side note, check out the Team Shelby Nor-Cal thread for events and meets in our area. :superhero:

Ken

thanks i will check that out

Archived