TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let me know what you think.

That looks great! Had me very curious for a second there I thought the post was about a carbon fiber rocking chair. The perfect thing for the elderly car nut!!

Ilmor I'm not ready for a rocker chair. LOL..... But hey, we might be talking about this in about 20 years from now!

They have several items. They seem like very nice people. The more you order the better the price they will give, which is good.

When you call ask for Bruce hes one of the owners.

You can get in their Website..www.performancepoweronline.com

561-688-0304

Miguel

post-6951-1245266938_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1245266991_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1245267034_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1245266938_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1245266991_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1245267034_thumb.jpg

It's not paint. I thought my prices were high on side skirts and chin spoilers, but this guy is quite a bit higher than me.

This is a quote from the website that the OP cited:

ShelbyGT 500 Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

$795.00

FOR THE PAIR

Painted Hydro Carbon Fiber Finish Durable,Water resistant,Stain resistant,Hard glossy finish

Note:This is for using your existing part which must be sent to us for finishing

The turn around time is 7-10 days once part is received by us

The standard color is grey/black carbon fiber we can also do custom colors as well upon request

Any questions please call 561-688-0304

http://performancepoweronline.com/cart/ind...products_id=963

So, it says paint, and it talks about other "colors", but its not paint?

Well it's a little more than paint. I think he's saying paint to help people grasp what's being done. The part is actually sanded down and primered and painted, in whatever color. Then a film with whatever pattern you so choose, in this case Carbon Fiber is laid on top of water in a tank. Then a activator of sorts is sprayed on the film then the part is dipped. The film on top of the water will molecularly bond with the paint and cover the piece. Then a clear coat is applied to the piece to protect it. So similar to paint, but simply saying it's painted wouldn't be accurate.

I do the side skirts for $675.

Archived