TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why California has a budget deficit

How about operation "Racial Slur" :headscratch:

He didn't mean it as a racial slur. "operation wetback" was the official government name given to an initiative to get the illegals to go home. This happened in the early 1950's when we had the same problem as today. It was extremely effective. You can Google it and get the entire story.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed a lot of Americans interested in picking oranges and lettuce here in Florida.

How long have you lived in Florida? I've been here since 1961. You realize that they have machines that shake the trees and the fruit falls off right? After the prices come down on the machines a bit there will be no need for illegals.

It's funny, there was no illegal immigration before Obama got in, now suddenly there is. EVERYTHING IS OBAMAS FAULT. He killed a fly yesterday, even PETA is bitching.

DDT: Joe Arapio a American Hero? I hope your joking??????????

Tim posted something about them giving DL's to illegals. How? There not supposed to even be in the country how can the go get a DL? It sounds like BS.

I have noticed a lot of Americans interested in picking oranges and lettuce here in Florida. They cant wait to roast in the sun 14 hours a day for chump change. Wait till a head of lettuce and a carton of OJ costs you 20 dollars then you'll be crying about that too.

I'm not in favor of people entering illegally, but let face it guys, you aint going to do most of the work these people are doing. If Walmart or any other corporation is hiring them they shoud be arrested. It's racketeering. Why has that not happened? Any clue? Bush, Mr. Wall builder...he could have stoped the problem with one directive...why do you think that hasnt happened? So could Obama for that matter.

Think about the reasons it has not been stopped. 20 dollar cartons of OJ is a good place to start.

KC666

:rockon:

"No illegal immigration before Obama got in..."

:headscratch: How do you figure? Of course it is not all Obama's fault - this was an issue with Bush, too. And honestly, Obama wanted to give them driver's licenses (he campaigned so), telling us that he would rather have "safe" illegals on the road, basically. He said that they should have a driver's license and have to get auto insurance as well.

And honestly if there weren't illegals "picking oranges", I imagine there would be people that would fill the position. May not like it, but all it takes is more economic down turn and lost jobs, and people are going to be more happy to work at anything!

Ha KC...... We get guys like Mike Rowe to do it.........

He likes "DIRTY JOBS"............. ;)

:yup:

He didn't mean it as a racial slur. "operation wetback" was the official government name given to an initiative to get the illegals to go home. This happened in the early 1950's when we had the same problem as today. It was extremely effective. You can Google it and get the entire story.

Thank you.

2007GT: I've been down here 22 years. Most of the fruits and veggies are still picked by hand in Florida, I drive by guys picking stuff every day. They arent white guys.

Operation Wetback is a slur, I dont care where it came from. If it was so "effective" why do we still have the problem?

SicShelby: I know its not Obama's fault, that was sarcasm. I wonder if anyone on this site knows that? You may find people to do the work of picking stuff but they will not do it as cheap. I'm not saying any of it is right, these people are working for a lot less than we would and both consumers and corporations are the ones who benefit. What bugs me is people deride these people as a cause of the problem. They are taking a lot less out o the system than they give to the system who is exploiting them while they exploit themselves.

I worked with a mexican national years ago, he was very successful and owned a bunch of clothing stores. I asked him about life in mexico. He said he carried buckets of concrete up and down a ladder sunup to sundown for 12 dollars a day. When he finally got here he couldn't believe the money people had or would pay. He said it was like heaven. To deride migrant workers a lazy sponges on the system I think is inaccurate. Most of them work very hard for little pay. They seem to have a tremendous work ethic. Some are bad guys but some of every group are bad.

KC666

They seem to have a tremendous work ethic. Some are bad guys but some of every group are bad.

KC666

Ha KC......Next time I drive into Home Depot I will make sure and thank them for

you......But I will wait until their done P :censored: ing on the sidewalks and plants......... :lol:

2007GT: I've been down here 22 years. Most of the fruits and veggies are still picked by hand in Florida, I drive by guys picking stuff every day. They arent white guys.

Operation Wetback is a slur, I dont care where it came from. If it was so "effective" why do we still have the problem?

SicShelby: I know its not Obama's fault, that was sarcasm. I wonder if anyone on this site knows that? You may find people to do the work of picking stuff but they will not do it as cheap. I'm not saying any of it is right, these people are working for a lot less than we would and both consumers and corporations are the ones who benefit. What bugs me is people deride these people as a cause of the problem. They are taking a lot less out o the system than they give to the system who is exploiting them while they exploit themselves.

I worked with a mexican national years ago, he was very successful and owned a bunch of clothing stores. I asked him about life in mexico. He said he carried buckets of concrete up and down a ladder sunup to sundown for 12 dollars a day. When he finally got here he couldn't believe the money people had or would pay. He said it was like heaven. To deride migrant workers a lazy sponges on the system I think is inaccurate. Most of them work very hard for little pay. They seem to have a tremendous work ethic. Some are bad guys but some of every group are bad.

KC666

I kind of figured that you were being sarcastic. Sometimes it is hard to tell through a computer screen...

At any rate, Operation Wetback was very successful, indeed, and honestly I can see how that term can be considered offensive. Why did it end? Because the U.S. came out of the Great Depression. Why can't we bring it back? Because it is a liberal U.S.!! and Mexico will do nothing but cry about it.

At what point did the U.S. become responsible for such a failed country, anyways? In reference to your example above (about the Mexican national you worked with), it definitely wasn't wrong for him to come to the U.S. because he could make a better life and make more money, supply a better future for his family, etc... actually, I wouldn't consider it wrong for ANYONE in that situation to do that.

What is WRONG is that they do it ILLEGALLY!! and suck resources out of the U.S., and then blame us because of THEIR misfortunes... This national, who received $12 a day to do back breaking work... that is not our fault! :nonono:

SicShelby: Yes Mexico sucks and its not really our problem that they suck. But if corporations and business didnt hire these people they wouldnt be coming in. We could solve the problem by charging Walmart and other corporations and businesses with racketeering and seize their assets. It is well within the power of the government to stop it. The reason they dont is that businesses want the cheap labor and consumers benefit from it. They dont stop it because it would cause a deepening of the economic meltdown. And I dont really see Americans out picking lettuce for 30 dollars a day. To a Mexican that is good money. To us its not even worth it.

SSGT500: Ok explain to me how this works though. In Florida you need proof of insurance to have a DL. You need a US ID or BC to get a DL. How can someone that is basically living outside the law going to waltz into a drivers license office and supply these things? How would they get insurance? It just sounds implausible. Why wouldnt the DL lady behind the counter just call the INS or LE's?

KC666

There are 49 other states that have different laws then FL. The Driver License for illegal immigrant bill comes up every year in the CA state legislator. Usually by one bill Gill Cedillo. Our state legislator and others can allow who ever they wish to get a license. Even FL politicians could change their laws to issue state issued driver licenses to anybody they wish.

Why is the agriculture industry the only industry that hasn't modernized since the mid 20th century? The proliferation of illegal immigrants. If the cheap labor was taken away from them and assuming the price of legal workers was too high, the agricultural industry just might come up with something something a little more modern than the cotton gin.

SicShelby: Yes Mexico sucks and its not really our problem that they suck. But if corporations and business didnt hire these people they wouldnt be coming in. We could solve the problem by charging Walmart and other corporations and businesses with racketeering and seize their assets. It is well within the power of the government to stop it. The reason they dont is that businesses want the cheap labor and consumers benefit from it. They dont stop it because it would cause a deepening of the economic meltdown. And I dont really see Americans out picking lettuce for 30 dollars a day. To a Mexican that is good money. To us its not even worth it.

SSGT500: Ok explain to me how this works though. In Florida you need proof of insurance to have a DL. You need a US ID or BC to get a DL. How can someone that is basically living outside the law going to waltz into a drivers license office and supply these things? How would they get insurance? It just sounds implausible. Why wouldnt the DL lady behind the counter just call the INS or LE's?

KC666

I honestly don't see how we are benefiting from illegal immigration when every single U.S. citizen is paying for their health care, education, etc., which is more expensive then their cheap labor. Sure, on the surface they are a great help because they play a part in keeping the price of "lettuce" down, but then again lettuce is more expensive now versus 50 years ago because of inflation, not because we have more illegal aliens.

I honestly don't see how we are benefiting from illegal immigration when every single U.S. citizen is paying for their health care, education, etc., which is more expensive then their cheap labor. Sure, on the surface they are a great help because they play a part in keeping the price of "lettuce" down, but then again lettuce is more expensive now versus 50 years ago because of inflation, not because we have more illegal aliens.

The GAO stated a few years ago that an illegal alien takes about $22,000 per year more out of the system than they pay in taxes. They are a net drain on the economy.

It's funny, there was no illegal immigration before Obama got in, now suddenly there is. EVERYTHING IS OBAMAS FAULT. He killed a fly yesterday, even PETA is bitching.

DDT: Joe Arapio a American Hero? I hope your joking??????????

Tim posted something about them giving DL's to illegals. How? There not supposed to even be in the country how can the go get a DL? It sounds like BS.

I have noticed a lot of Americans interested in picking oranges and lettuce here in Florida. They cant wait to roast in the sun 14 hours a day for chump change. Wait till a head of lettuce and a carton of OJ costs you 20 dollars then you'll be crying about that too.

I'm not in favor of people entering illegally, but let face it guys, you aint going to do most of the work these people are doing. If Walmart or any other corporation is hiring them they shoud be arrested. It's racketeering. Why has that not happened? Any clue? Bush, Mr. Wall builder...he could have stoped the problem with one directive...why do you think that hasnt happened? So could Obama for that matter.

Think about the reasons it has not been stopped. 20 dollar cartons of OJ is a good place to start.

KC666

Am I understanding you correctly? You think we should go after the walmarts for hiring illegals but leave the farmers alone that hire them to pick their crops because no one else wants those jobs? Why would ANYONE be given special treatment while going after another business? They should ALL be prosecuted!

Why it happens that none of the politicians do anything by going after them....it's called VOTES!!! If the republicans go after them while the dems are crying they should be left alone, they all vote for the dems. Same reason the dems don't go after them.

Our politicians care only about one thing. Remaining in power! Republicans, Democrats, makes no difference. They are all one and the same merely diguissed as being two different parties. They diguise themselves as being two separate parties merely to keep this nation divided. That is the only thing that keeps them getting elected every time! It makes no difference which party wins, which controls the legislature, they are all in it together. They just play a game called the "blame game" so they can keep blaming each other for the problems government creates, which in turn keeps them in power. It has been working for them for decades!

A vote for Obama is no different than a vote for McCain. The results will end up being the same. Only Obama will get them to their goal much quicker. He has half the nation of koolaid drinkers that think no matter what he does its wonderful! They are blind sheep being lead to the slaughter house and they don't even know it! They mean NOTHING to him! They are merely pawns being used to shove his agenda through! In the end the koolaid drinkers will find out how they been used and had. Only then it will be too late for them to do anything about because we will be a disarmed nation filled with many more laws and the government will own everything! All the koolaid drinkers are just to happy to give up a piece of freedom in the name of some form of government entitlement and after everyone gets what they THINK they are getting, there will be nothing left! Freedom will be gone for good and all that handout the koolaid drinkers thought they were going to get will longer be as government will say they can't afford it! They will be a thousand times worse off than they were when they were free living in poverty! They will wish they still had that poverty after they find out what it will really be like after they lost their freedom and become a slave to the government! GUARANTEE IT!!!!

The one thing I still cannot understand in all of this is how an "illegal" can have any citizen type priviledges. As I said in an earlier post how can someone that is not supposed to be in a Country have any rights whatsoever? Especially driving, medical care, education, etc. Now you're saying they have a right to vote too? Up here in Canada unless you are a citizen or a "legal" immigrant you cannot vote. Your name must be on a voters list.

Tim is right and KC is wrong. Some states are considering giving driver's licenses to illegals.

Five states that I'm aware of have considered issuing driver's licenses to illegals. Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Michigan and New York. Prince Elliot Spitzer was all set to implement the plan in New York but it was derailed by public outcry and that hooker thing.

California was using it as a lame excuse to "ID" Illegal Immigrants.............

What a slap in the face to be an illegal and get pulled over...

Cop: "License and registration please?"

Illegal: TOTALLY sweating because he hopes that everything looks/sounds legit. Hey, I've got a license!! I'm cool... right? Right? Guys...???

Cop: "Please come with me. The computer says you are illegal..."

:hysterical2: Something like that...

So they can be here illegally, but they have to drive LEgally... :headscratch:

Most police agencies in CA prevent their officers for questioning or detaining a person solely because of their illegal immigration status. The theory is that illegal immigrants will not report crime or cooperate with police if they are concerned about being deported. So, most agencies prohibit the officers. LAPD's infamous Special Order 40 just survived another court challenge this last week.

Am I understanding you correctly? You think we should go after the walmarts for hiring illegals but leave the farmers alone that hire them to pick their crops because no one else wants those jobs? Why would ANYONE be given special treatment while going after another business? They should ALL be prosecuted!

Why it happens that none of the politicians do anything by going after them....it's called VOTES!!! If the republicans go after them while the dems are crying they should be left alone, they all vote for the dems. Same reason the dems don't go after them.

Our politicians care only about one thing. Remaining in power! Republicans, Democrats, makes no difference. They are all one and the same merely diguissed as being two different parties. They diguise themselves as being two separate parties merely to keep this nation divided. That is the only thing that keeps them getting elected every time! It makes no difference which party wins, which controls the legislature, they are all in it together. They just play a game called the "blame game" so they can keep blaming each other for the problems government creates, which in turn keeps them in power. It has been working for them for decades!

A vote for Obama is no different than a vote for McCain. The results will end up being the same. Only Obama will get them to their goal much quicker. He has half the nation of koolaid drinkers that think no matter what he does its wonderful! They are blind sheep being lead to the slaughter house and they don't even know it! They mean NOTHING to him! They are merely pawns being used to shove his agenda through! In the end the koolaid drinkers will find out how they been used and had. Only then it will be too late for them to do anything about because we will be a disarmed nation filled with many more laws and the government will own everything! All the koolaid drinkers are just to happy to give up a piece of freedom in the name of some form of government entitlement and after everyone gets what they THINK they are getting, there will be nothing left! Freedom will be gone for good and all that handout the koolaid drinkers thought they were going to get will longer be as government will say they can't afford it! They will be a thousand times worse off than they were when they were free living in poverty! They will wish they still had that poverty after they find out what it will really be like after they lost their freedom and become a slave to the government! GUARANTEE IT!!!!

No, I think anyone that hires illegals should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But lets start with the big corporate entities like Walmart. That would free up some jobs Americans might actually be willing to do.

The reason that hasnt happened is corporations and yes farmers, need cheap labor. I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying that the problem could be solved at anytime by making it impossible for them to work here. It hasn't been "solved" because who will pick the produce? Roof houses in July? You? The pimply faced kid at Mickey Dees who gets put out making a Big Mac in air conditioned comfort?

Pay him 15 dollars an hour he would, but everything will be expensive and then you'll be mad about that. The GOP pretends to be outraged by illegal immigration to appeal to rascist elements in the GOP, meanwhile they dont intend to ever do anything about it. Oh, they will build a wall pumping more money to some politcal buddies who are contractors, but that will not stop it. They know that.

The GOP had 6 years of unfettered control to do something about it. They want more enforcement with out ever touching the root of the problem. They talk about it, and a lot of things, but when it comes time to do it, they defer to their corporate masters. Walmart LIKES illegal immigrants. And, there is a whole cottage industry around illegal immigration, border patrol agents, more equipment for them, vehicles to patrol with, prisons to house them. Judges, lawyers etc. Its a big money maker and we pay the bill.

In your always present anti Obama rant, you talk about losing our freedoms. The biggest hit to our fredom came from GWB and the GOP in the Patriot Act. Where was the OUTRAGE over that?

One other thing, illegal immigrants dont vote. I dont see how they could ever get a DL because they could not be insured. So really it's all BS. If the Dems are trying to get them DL's, then THAT is political posturing and pandering too, but it will never happen.

KC666

No, I think anyone that hires illegals should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But lets start with the big corporate entities like Walmart. That would free up some jobs Americans might actually be willing to do.

The reason that hasnt happened is corporations and yes farmers, need cheap labor. I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying that the problem could be solved at anytime by making it impossible for them to work here. It hasn't been "solved" because who will pick the produce? Roof houses in July? You? The pimply faced kid at Mickey Dees who gets put out making a Big Mac in air conditioned comfort?

Pay him 15 dollars an hour he would, but everything will be expensive and then you'll be mad about that. The GOP pretends to be outraged by illegal immigration to appeal to rascist elements in the GOP, meanwhile they dont intend to ever do anything about it. Oh, they will build a wall pumping more money to some politcal buddies who are contractors, but that will not stop it. They know that.

The GOP had 6 years of unfettered control to do something about it. They want more enforcement with out ever touching the root of the problem. They talk about it, and a lot of things, but when it comes time to do it, they defer to their corporate masters. Walmart LIKES illegal immigrants. And, there is a whole cottage industry around illegal immigration, border patrol agents, more equipment for them, vehicles to patrol with, prisons to house them. Judges, lawyers etc. Its a big money maker and we pay the bill.

In your always present anti Obama rant, you talk about losing our freedoms. The biggest hit to our fredom came from GWB and the GOP in the Patriot Act. Where was the OUTRAGE over that?

One other thing, illegal immigrants dont vote. I dont see how they could ever get a DL because they could not be insured. So really it's all BS. If the Dems are trying to get them DL's, then THAT is political posturing and pandering too, but it will never happen.

KC666

You need to stop lumping everything like it is the GOP behind everything. It is both democrats and republicans. More so democrats but they are both guilty as sin. They are basically one in the same party that merely call themselves democrats or republicans. This is what they do to keep the nation divided. That is what keeps them both in power and prevent other parties from ever getting elected. People are so hung up on party lines they become a flock of blind sheep. Meanwhile the dems and repubs just play the blame game blaming each other in front of the public, but behibnd the scenes they are working together to please their leaders that have control over them. As for where was the outrage when Bush was doing it, were you sleeping??? There was lots of outrage over his vilolations of the constitution. You must not have been paying attention. Obama is Bush on steriods! The only difference is the Obamamites drank to much koolaide and actually believe he cares about them and will make their lives better! They have been dumb down to the point they have no common sense and ability to see through all his corruption even while he is flashing it right in front of them! Any time anyone brings attention to it Obama just jumps on the TV and sells them another pitch of lies and the sheep suck it up while being in a tranc all watered eyed by every lie he spews from his mouth!

Really? So hey, can you point us to an anti-Bush thread you created or an Anti-Bush post you made during all this "outrage"?

Oh never mind...I did a search just now and couldn't find any where you express anything critical of Bush or express any "outrage".

In fact if you go to advanced search and look for "Bush" as a topic title, and in all those years you won't find a SINGLE, NOT ONE, NADDA, ZERO, ZILCH, ZIPPO, thread dedicated to bashing Bush, now try the same with "Obama"...how many pages did you get! :headscratch:

There was no political bashing on this forum until just before the election and I for one wish it would go back that way.

Really? So hey, can you point us to an anti-Bush thread you created or an Anti-Bush post you made during all this "outrage"?

Oh never mind...I did a search just now and couldn't find any where you express anything critical of Bush or express any "outrage".

In fact if you go to advanced search and look for "Bush" as a topic title, and in all those years you won't find a SINGLE, NOT ONE, NADDA, ZERO, ZILCH, ZIPPO, thread dedicated to bashing Bush, now try the same with "Obama"...how many pages did you get! :headscratch:

I see. Because you couldn't find anything posted on a mustang site then no one must have cared or ever complained about Bush! LOL

You said there was plenty of outrage and I was just looking for the "outrage"! We sure have enough Obama "outrage" posted here on a "mustang site" over the 5 months he's been President, I was just wondering about all the "outrage" over the eight years before then (at least as long as the site was active)...just pointing out I couldn't find any!

:lurk:

Try google. You will find plenty.

BTW...If you search deeper you might find some from my posts. I had threads in here about government violating the constitution including Bush going to war without having a declaration of war from Congress. If fact, if I recall correctly I even posted links to petitions to sign for grievances pertaining to the the WAR POWERS CLAUSES, the GUN CONTROL LAWS, the FEDERAL INCOME TAX, the FEDERAL RESERVE, the "USA PATRIOT ACT", ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and the NORTH AMERICAN UNION.

Keep searching. I'm sure you can find them.

Their are definite reasons I think this has all come about and if you read some posts you will see more than a few glimpses into what the real issue is here, an issue that's left unsaid but always lurking.

That comment is just wrong on many levels.

Archived