TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Corrals at Lime Rock Park

QuadCam

Last week I had chance to discuss this season's Mustang Corrals with LRP's Promotion & Ticket Coordinator, Mike O'Flinn. :call:

Currently there is a Ford branded - "Mustang" Corral scheduled for the July 18th American LeMans Series (ALMS) event. This corral was organized by Lou Dahoda (the guy that owns the Ford GT at last year's Corral during the Mohegan 200).

The password to enter the Corral on line is "FORDGTALMS."

I believe the price is $65.00 (about $5.00 more that general admission). :spend:

There will be NO parade laps, but your car will be isolated from general admission traffic.

The Parade Laps have been reserved for Corvettes and Porches for this event. :stop:

MustangsLRP016-1.jpg

The Mohegan Sun Camping World Series 200 NASCAR Race is on August 15th, 2009.

According to Mr. O'Flinn, no corrals have been scheduled for the Mohegan NASCAR Race.

Mike told me he would be VERY receptive to holding another Mustang Corral for this event.

Last year many TS and MCCNE members joined the Mustang Corral before the Mohegan NASCAR race.

We had two sets of Parade Laps (Morning and Noon). :peelout:

It was quite a thrill to drive this historical road course that has been shared by so many racing celebs (Sam Posey, Paul Newman, Bob Sharp, Scott Sharp, Joey Lagano - to name a few).

We have an opportunity to do it again!

If you have not been to LRP, or it has been awhile, it is a great venue and a fun drive in the country to get to the park. No bleechers; this is a blanket and folding chairs on the lawn around the track kind of place.

There are fast food, beer tents, a midway with all kinds of vendors, a track gift and clothing shop, and the Paddock Area is open and free to all with admission. There is even a autograph/meet and greet tour in the Paddock for you to shake hands with your favorite drivers and teams. :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Let me know if any of you are interested via PM or post comments/questions. :stats:

The cost for admission is ~$40.00, less for more!

Mike is looking for support for a Mustang Corral - We can make it happen if the interest is there.

Let's do this - Join us :party2:

Thanks,

QC

Count me in for August 15th! I can't wait to take another few laps on the track (even if its only at parade lap speed...) :peelout: Last year was a lot of fun.

Here's a link to a bunch of photo's from last year's event for those that weren't able to make it.

August 2008 Mohegan Sun Camping World 200 Event

-yellow pony

Darn it; can't make 8/15 as I will be out of town! :cry:

:talkhand: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... Blah, blah, blah.

No offense ilmor, but that's what you said about the ALMS race.

Then you are telling us your are seeking out the "high roller" tickets again. :rolleyes:

Speaking soley for me, I'm not going to count you out just yet! :yup:

:hysterical2:

:talkhand: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... Blah, blah, blah.

No offense ilmor, but that's what you said about the ALMS race.

Then you are telling us your are seeking out the "high roller" tickets again. :rolleyes:

Speaking soley for me, I'm not going to count you out just yet! :yup:

:hysterical2:

Trust me QuadCam, if I can ever figure out a way to be in town for a race I will! I had my dates mixed up and I did think I would be away the alms weekend, but fortunately not!

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder to order your corral tickets, also please e-mail me if your coming and if you might be interested in a group lunch and or dinner. (This will happen if there is the interest)

You can buy your ticket by going to the Lime Rock Park ticketing website at http://tickets.limerock.com and clicking on the Car Corrals button at the bottom of the page. :shift:

The Ford GT & Mustang Car Corral is confirmed at Lime Rock and has its own ticketing button, and members will be asked to enter a code, which is "fordgtalms" and is not case-sensitive. Please note that although the ticket price is $65, there is a $3.50 processing fee that will be added just before checkout. Additionally, this is the advanced ticket price that will be available until 5pm on July 11th. After that, the price will be $75 for the corral. Only drivers need to purchase the car corral ticket while passengers can buy a general admission ticket. NO CAR CORRAL TICKETS WILL BE SOLD THE DAY OF THE SHOW

Please let me know if you have any ideas i.e. we all go in on a tent, have food catered, bring our food and grill, dinner after the race.

A reminder to order your corral tickets, also please e-mail me if your coming and if you might be interested in a group lunch and or dinner. (This will happen if there is the interest)

You can buy your ticket by going to the Lime Rock Park ticketing website at http://tickets.limerock.com and clicking on the Car Corrals button at the bottom of the page. :shift:

The Ford GT & Mustang Car Corral is confirmed at Lime Rock and has its own ticketing button, and members will be asked to enter a code, which is "fordgtalms" and is not case-sensitive. Please note that although the ticket price is $65, there is a $3.50 processing fee that will be added just before checkout. Additionally, this is the advanced ticket price that will be available until 5pm on July 11th. After that, the price will be $75 for the corral. Only drivers need to purchase the car corral ticket while passengers can buy a general admission ticket. NO CAR CORRAL TICKETS WILL BE SOLD THE DAY OF THE SHOW

Please let me know if you have any ideas i.e. we all go in on a tent, have food catered, bring our food and grill, dinner after the race.

I am not seeing a car corral for thr 8/15 date?

I am not seeing a car corral for thr 8/15 date?

Wicked,

Without the Mustang Challenge running with the Bush North, I did not set up a corral for 8/15. Two FordGT teams are scheduled to run the ALMs and I have schedule a brief meet and greet for our group.

Hope to see more Mustang/Shelby then FordGT's. :shift:

I was confused then, I thought this post announced a corral & parade laps for 8/15......I must have misunderstood. My bad. July 18th doesnt work for me......I wanted to do the parade laps with my son.

I was confused then, I thought this post announced a corral & parade laps for 8/15......I must have misunderstood. My bad. July 18th doesnt work for me......I wanted to do the parade laps with my son.

:excl:

Wick, and fellow members...

The Promotional Guy at Lime Rock said (in a telephone conversation with me) if we could organize enough respondents (committed Team Shelby, MCCNE members, or anyone with or without a Mustang Club) for the NASCAR event in August, we could have a Corral of Mustangs with Parade Laps.

The ALMS event in LRP's biggest (and wealthiest) event. 06FordGT tried to pull it together, but he was edged out by a better showing of Porches and Corvettes; leaving the Ford GTs and Shelbys and Mustangs with a Corral, but without any track time(parade laps).

I may be wrong, but my read on this is twofold:

1 - We cannot book a Corral without confirmations (Maybes don't cut it).

2 - In this economy, $65 is often too much to ask for a fancy parking space. The NASCAR event is ~$40.

I am hoping to discuss our options (if any) with 06FordGT and LRP staff.

Without 30, 40, or 50 guys stepping up for the NASCAR event, or hopes for a Corral (and the Parade Laps the come with the Corral) in August may be a bust as well.

Any ideas to generate support, and/or sponsorship for a Mustang Corral would be appreciated.

Perhaps the Ford GT set would return if they could do Parade Laps in August, since even they have been denied at ALMS.

-QC

:excl:

Wick, and fellow members...

The Promotional Guy at Lime Rock said (in a telephone conversation with me) if we could organize enough respondents (committed Team Shelby, MCCNE members, or anyone with or without a Mustang Club) for the NASCAR event in August, we could have a Corral of Mustangs with Parade Laps.

The ALMS event in LRP's biggest (and wealthiest) event. FordGT06 tried to pull it together, but he was edged out by a better showing of Porches and Corvettes; leaving the Ford GTs and Shelbys and Mustangs with a Corral, but without any track time(parade laps).

I may be wrong, but my read on this is twofold:

1 - We cannot book a Corral without confirmations (Maybes don't cut it).

2 - In this economy, $65 is often too much to ask for a fancy parking space. The NASCAR event is ~$40.

I am hoping to discuss our options (if any) with FordGT06 and LRP staff.

Without 30, 40, or 50 guys stepping up for the NASCAR event, or hopes for a Corral (and the Parade Laps the come with the Corral) in August may be a bust as well.

Any ideas to generate support, and/or sponsorship for a Mustang Corral would be appreciated.

Perhaps the Ford GT set would return if they could do Parade Laps in August, since even they have been denied at ALMS.

-QC

QuadCam, you are right in you post as we had the parade laps lined up but our low count moved the offer to Friday. I hope those two Ford GT's are 1 &2 in GT2 class :P to the Porches and Corvettes :baby:

On the Ford GT Forum I have 12 Ford GT confirmed considering only 4033 built, I hoping to see at least 50 Mustang/Shelby's of the millions built :peelout:

QuadCam, you are right in you post as we had the parade laps lined up but our low count moved the offer to Friday. I hope those two Ford GT's are 1 &2 in GT2 class :P to the Porches and Corvettes :baby:

On the Ford GT Forum I have 12 Ford GT confirmed considering only 4033 built, I hoping to see at least 50 Mustang/Shelby's of the millions built :peelout:

I still say count me in for the corral & parade laps on the Aug 15th,

thats one Mustang! :lurk:

The weather forecast, as of today, is looking good - partly cloudy and 76 - so I'm planning on being there (including the Corral)! :happy feet:

The weather forecast, as of today, is looking good - partly cloudy and 76 - so I'm planning on being there (including the Corral)! :happy feet:

Now the forecast is 70% rain :cry: No Shelby GT drive in that weather!

edit - I've seldom seen a forecast change so much - now the rain will allegedly end and be sunny by 10 am.....

Dang it - tried to buy my Corral tickets this morning but sales had stopped at 6:59 am!! I thought I had until the end of today to get it!!! :nonono:

Dang it - tried to buy my Corral tickets this morning but sales had stopped at 6:59 am!! I thought I had until the end of today to get it!!! :nonono:

As it turns out, when I got to the track, they directed me straight into the Corral, no extra cost, no ticket. Who was I to complain? :happy feet:

Photos of the cars in the Corral, as well as several others and a couple of short videos of racing action, can be found in the following link...

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/il...%20ALMS%202009/

As it turns out, when I got to the track, they directed me straight into the Corral, no extra cost, no ticket. Who was I to complain? :happy feet:

Photos of the cars in the Corral, as well as several others and a couple of short videos of racing action, can be found in the following link...

Thanks for the photos Ilmor! Looks like a fun time!

Good to see they let you into the corral and didn't make you park the SGT with the "common folk"!

-yellow pony

Archived