TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperShops Back In Business

SuperShops is sorta back in business. Someone registered the name, renewed the trademarks and is selling franchises across the country.

Kind of neat to see the old name and company colors back in action. Its going to be tough competing with Jegs & Summit in this economy but look forward to the competition.

Steve

SuperShops

SuperShops is sorta back in business. Someone registered the name, renewed the trademarks and is selling franchises across the country.

Kind of neat to see the old name and company colors back in action. Its going to be tough competing with Jegs & Summit in this economy but look forward to the competition.

Steve

SuperShops

There has been a small one open in San Bernardino, CA for over 6 months. I used to shop there in the 80's and they had good deals. The new one is about half the size of the old one but hopefully will expand. :happy feet:

Steve

SuperShops

I remember the one in Fort Lauderdale

It would be cool to actually have a store that stocked stuff. Sometimes the shipping delay drives me nuts.

Back in the 80's I made an attempt to rebuild the 715 CFM Holley off of my HiPo 289. Realizing that I needed professional help after it wouldn't run, I hopped in the truck, shot over to SuperShops and bought a 750 double pumper off the shelf and made it to the track the next day.

(I eventually had the 715 done by an expert).

My fondest memories of SuperShops is the great price on BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires. Tires have come along way but 30-35 years ago Radial T/A's were just too cool and you got some good life out of them.

Steve

How about the Gabriel Hi-Jackers? Can't believe those were kool :banghead:

That's funny, I was just going through some old files the other day and found the files for my old 1970 Ford 390 truck that I used to drag race in my younger years. There were tons of receipts in there for Super Shops!

I used to cruise Van Nuys Blvd. every Wednesday night back in the '80's in my '65 Mustang, and Supershops was the place to get all of the neatest stuff. I just heard that the Wednesday night cruise is back on again. I wonder if Supershops will re-open on that hallowed ground....

Supershops!!! The owner used to bring his Cobra to the yearly company picnic...and his Ferrari...we alll know what was faster and cooler...

In the 80's there was no other place...and everyone knew someone who worked there if you were into cars...

I used to cruise Van Nuys Blvd. every Wednesday night back in the '80's in my '65 Mustang, and Supershops was the place to get all of the neatest stuff. I just heard that the Wednesday night cruise is back on again. I wonder if Supershops will re-open on that hallowed ground....

R, only once a month for now. Next VNB cruse is on July 8th. The last one on June 10th was unbelieveable. There had to be no less than 250 cars there.

Archived