TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woodward Dream Cruise

GO-SVT

Anybody in Wisconsin or northern Illinois want to caravan across Michigan to the Woodward Dream Cruise? August 15th, 2009. If you've never been to this, it's one of the coolest "car events" on the planet. Some of us were discussing this yesterday at the Volo show...

Anybody in Wisconsin or northern Illinois want to caravan across Michigan to the Woodward Dream Cruise? August 15th, 2009. If you've never been to this, it's one of the coolest "car events" on the planet. Some of us were discussing this yesterday at the Volo show...

I might be open to this!

I'll check.

For those of you who are going to Woodward check this site out http://www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/

You can register to be in the Mustang Alley car show in Frendale at Nine mile.

They have a nice spot, I went last year. SVTOA also has a presence there. I know someone affiliated with them... ;)

Since there is no Dearborn show this year I may be interested in this.

Is there a host hotel everyone is staying at?

On the motorcityterminators website mentioned above it states:

Hyatt Regency Dearborn has agreed to give participates of Mustang Alley a discounted rate of $99.00 a night for the Dream Cruise weekend. If you make your reservations over the phone, tell them you would like the "Mustang Alley" discount.

That's where we are staying.

Since there is no Dearborn show this year I may be interested in this.

Is there a host hotel everyone is staying at?

• 2 weeks later...
On the motorcityterminators website mentioned above it states:

Hyatt Regency Dearborn has agreed to give participates of Mustang Alley a discounted rate of $99.00 a night for the Dream Cruise weekend. If you make your reservations over the phone, tell them you would like the "Mustang Alley" discount.

That's where we are staying.

There's nicer places up in Troy... Cleaner and safer... The Residence Inn on Livernois in Troy is clean, in a safer area and has a place you can wash and detail your car right on the grounds (At least they did lastyear!) It's right off of I-75 and Big Beaver Road. Last year there were several Shelby owners staying there. Plus it's not that far from Mustang Alley and there's great cruising areas away from the big jam on Woodward. You can take Livernois (becomes Main Street once you cross into Royal Oak) south right down to Ferndale. I've been to Metro Detroit several times over the years and have stayed in Dearborn/Allen Park and frankly it's MUCH nicer up in the Troy/Bloomfield Hills area... Woodward north of Long Lake Road is tree-lined and very nice.

The Mustang Alley website has been updated. Here is a quote concerning activities on Friday that I find very interesting:

"a special Friday ride and drive event at the Ford Test Track in Dearborn, MI along with a "Mustang Stampede" cruise Friday night."

This was written by

Dave Pericak

Mustang Chief Engineer

Ford Motor Company

If you decide to go, you should request to park in the Snake Pit Area.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived