TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT350 to Debut Next April @ NY Auto Show?

This is from the July 09 issue of Mustang Monthly.

"...Look for a new Shelby GT350 Mustang based on the '10 Mustang GT. It's reportedly scheduled to debut at the 2010 New York Auto Show in April 2010

Also, found on another forum by AFBlue. :happy feet:

"...2010 + Shelby Gt-350 with POLL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Works!

Not Finalized!

V6 Powered!

350 is Surely to Signify Horsepower Rating!

Built at Shelby Las Vegas not on Ford Production Line.

KC

And That's All I can Say about that!..."

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=481729

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is only going to have 350HP I hope they cut some weight. I would think about it depending on the price of coarse. Considering a loaded GT now goes for the same I got my Shelby GT for I am thinking it may be to close to the price of the GT500.

Time will tell..........

If it is only going to have 350HP I hope they cut some weight. I would think about it depending on the price of coarse. Considering a loaded GT now goes for the same I got my Shelby GT for I am thinking it may be to close to the price of the GT500.

Time will tell..........

+1 I'm REALLY surprised by the price increases on the 2010 a fully tricked out GT is only a few thousand less than my car. With the GT in the upper 30's and the GT500 in the mid 40's they don't have much room in the middle.

An EcoBoost V6 GT-350 would be a nice addition to the lineup. With slightly more power and torque than the current GT and likely less weight, it should be a well balanced car. Pricing will be important though. It can't be too close to the GT500 in price if the want to have succes selling it.

This is from the July 09 issue of Mustang Monthly.

"...Look for a new Shelby GT350 Mustang based on the '10 Mustang GT. It's reportedly scheduled to debut at the 2010 New York Auto Show in April 2010

Also, found on another forum by AFBlue. :happy feet:

"...2010 + Shelby Gt-350 with POLL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Works!

Not Finalized!

V6 Powered!

350 is Surely to Signify Horsepower Rating!

Built at Shelby Las Vegas not on Ford Production Line.

KC

And That's All I can Say about that!..."

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=481729

If true and with a 6-banger, KEEP IT! Putting a V6 on a Mustang with the famous Shelby GT350 nameplate is a joke and an insult!

An EcoBoost V6 GT-350 would be a nice addition to the lineup. With slightly more power and torque than the current GT and likely less weight, it should be a well balanced car. Pricing will be important though. It can't be too close to the GT500 in price if the want to have succes selling it.

The way things are going, has anyone considered that GT500 production may stop by the time the GT350 comes out? Then the pricing window will open up considerably.

The way things are going, has anyone considered that GT500 production may stop by the time the GT350 comes out? Then the pricing window will open up considerably.

good point, many are saying there will be a 2011MY GT500 with a possible Aluminum block :drool:

If true and with a 6-banger, KEEP IT! Putting a V6 on a Mustang with the famous Shelby GT350 nameplate is a joke and an insult!

Rebadged Terlingua (minus the rabit)?... <edit> - I'm not agreeing with the "joke and insult" statement above or putting down the Terlingua, just stating that already is a Shelby Mustang with a V6.

Actually, from a development cost and engineering payback perspective, I would bet it would probably just have the ecoboost 3.5L V6 from the 2010 Taurus SHO and few FRPP suspension bits.

I agree. When I read this I actually felt sad.....I never imagined the ole legend would bow down to any politically correct BS. :cry:

I agree. When I read this I actually felt sad.....I never imagined the ole legend would bow down to any politically correct BS. :cry:

It won't be the first time ole Shel has had his name on a 4 or 6 banger.

It won't be the first time ole Shel has had his name on a 4 or 6 banger.

Great point ilmor. CS spent a whole lot of time fiddling with small Chryslers, if anyone recalls. Not everything with the Shelby name on it has to resemble the gas guzzlers of 'the good ol' days'.

This is a new era of new cars and new technology. That TT eco-boost will blow the doors off of any classic Shelby built.

I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Ken

EDIT: SAI is in the business of making money. The market is moving to more fuel efficient cars. I'm just glad Shelby isn't bowing out or making themselves obsolete, by refusing to offer a wider variation of the cars they build.

thought the 2010 SS will be displayed at Tulsa?

Maybe they will displayed both, the 2010 SS and a GT350!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

thanks for posting. I saw the 365 hp Taurus SHO at Carlisle, very nice car.

If it is a V6 the SGT will be the only small block Shelby Mustang...

but maybe it will have the 350hp modular 4.6L crate engine transplanted at SAI to be truer to the bloodline

A few road test reviews have come up over the past few days regarding the SHO. Performance is impressive with a 0-60 time in 5.2 seconds and a quarter mile in 13.7 according to both Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Not bad for a 4300 lbs sedan, and close to the times posted by the 2010 Mustang GT. Put the same engine in a 3,500 lbs car such as the Mustang and it would give many V8s a run for their money.

thanks for posting. I saw the 365 hp Taurus SHO at Carlisle, very nice car.

If it is a V6 the SGT will be the only small block Shelby Mustang...

but maybe it will have the 350hp modular 4.6L crate engine transplanted at SAI to be truer to the bloodline

The 5.4L is a small block also. The V6 would also be a small block.

The 5.4L is a small block also. The V6 would also be a small block.

small block V8 - not V6 - sorry for not being clear

I tend to believe this will be the engine in the GT350... can't wait to find out

Look no further for the ultimate Ford "hot rod" engine, perfect for your street rod or kit car!

Features our throaty Hot Rod 3v camshafts, M-6550-3V

Weighs in at only 435lbs dressed!

Use our NEW wiring and installation kit M-6017-463V for easy install in any body style

Complete 3-valve 4.6L Mustang engine assembly

350hp @ 6200 rpm, 330 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 rpm

Aluminum block and cylinder heads

Composite intake manifold for light weight and intake charge temp reduction

Vehicle harnesses and computer not included

Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel

Includes Power Steering Pump and Pulley, A/C Delete, Accessory Drive Belt

M-6007-A463NA.jpg

Archived