TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Curbed My 2009 GT500

:banghead:

While on a road trip with the Music City Mustang Club to Williamsburg, Virginia last week I ran my car into a curb and damaged the chin spoiler on the drivers side corner. Two of the chin spoiler retaining clips were pulled through the fascia which of coarse removed the fascia material where the clips had been. The missing fascia material is still in the clips and the clips are stiil attached to the chin spoiler. The only real damnage to the fascia is where the chin spoiler clips were pulled through the fascia. There a couple of scratches to the bottom roll under but that can be easily repaired and the installation of the new chin spoiler will cover up the majority of that damage.

I have to replace the chin spoiler and have the fascia repaired so that the new chin spoiler can be re-attached to the fascia. Where do I look to find the replacement chin spoiler? More importantly what is the best way to approach the repairing of the fascia so that it can receive the new chin spoiler?

If anyone has any good advise on how to approach this issue I would be much obliged if you would share it with me.

Robert

:banghead:

While on a road trip with the Music City Mustang Club to Williamsburg, Virginia last week I ran my car into a curb and damaged the chin spoiler on the drivers side corner. Two of the chin spoiler retaining clips were pulled through the fascia which of coarse removed the fascia material where the clips had been. The missing fascia material is still in the clips and the clips are stiil attached to the chin spoiler. The only real damnage to the fascia is where the chin spoiler clips were pulled through the fascia. There a couple of scratches to the bottom roll under but that can be easily repaired and the installation of the new chin spoiler will cover up the majority of that damage.

I have to replace the chin spoiler and have the fascia repaired so that the new chin spoiler can be re-attached to the fascia. Where do I look to find the replacement chin spoiler? More importantly what is the best way to approach the repairing of the fascia so that it can receive the new chin spoiler?

If anyone has any good advise on how to approach this issue I would be much obliged if you would share it with me.

Robert

Robert,

Sorry about that. I think many of us have damaged these things. I always back in to spots after replacing one stock and two carbon fibor air splitter. The best bet for replacement seems to be your ford dealer as the shipping of the box puts the replacement cost very high. I'm not much on the repair shop, I'd just take it to a good body shop with the parts and have them do it.

Good luck.

Robert,

Sorry about that. I think many of us have damaged these things. I always back in to spots after replacing one stock and two carbon fibor air splitter. The best bet for replacement seems to be your ford dealer as the shipping of the box puts the replacement cost very high. I'm not much on the repair shop, I'd just take it to a good body shop with the parts and have them do it.

Good luck.

+1, I have damaged mine also, including the carbon fiber splitter. I now have a new one as a spare for special occasions and keep the damaged one on as a sacrificial splitter for daily driving. Even though I also back into parking spots, its those dips at the driveways that will always get ya.

Robert,

Good luck.

Thanks for your input and I think that backing into a parking place is a real good idea. I'll take that advise and apply it accordingly.

Robert

+1, I have damaged mine also, including the carbon fiber splitter. I now have a new one as a spare for special occasions and keep the damaged one on as a sacrificial splitter for daily driving. Even though I also back into parking spots, its those dips at the driveways that will always get ya.

I have been very fortunate up until now but the worst part is is that I did this in front of a bunch of Mustang owners, rather embarassing.

Even though I also back into parking spots, its those dips at the driveways that will always get ya.

Whenever possible, try to hit driveways at angle so you roll the vehicle over it from right to left. Try not to go up them straight on.

I haven't damaged mine yet (knock on wood), and always make it a point to back into parking lots. Coming from Asia, I was initially very surprised to see most Americans park their vehicles "front-in"; which is deemed dangerous because backing out poses more of a pedestrian hazard than backing in. The only problem with trying to back in over here is when the driver behind you follows too closely and doesn't anticipant your intentions - it has happened to me a couple of times and I've gotton the strangest looks from the folks behind me. Anyone with similar experience?

- BORG

Archived