TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 grill kit

I would like to install the CS6 grill kit (with the Shelby running lights) onto my Shelby GT. I notice the catalog says the stock factory grill is required for the install. A question:

1. By "stock factory" grille I assume that this CS6 kit somehow depends on the presence of the honeycomb grille put on at the Ford production factory. Why is the factory grille required? Can the Shelby CS6 grille be installed without using the factory grille or even by using the billet grille that Shelby put on the SGT? Has anyone attempted to instal the CS6 grille without using the factory grille? What did you have to do?

2. Can the Shelby pony emblem on the billet grille be attached on the CS6 grille? If yes, does it require any modification to the fasteners?

3. Any other "gotchas" I need to know about before doing this?

Thanks!

I would like to install the CS6 grill kit (with the Shelby running lights) onto my Shelby GT. I notice the catalog says the stock factory grill is required for the install. A question:

1. By "stock factory" grille I assume that this CS6 kit somehow depends on the presence of the honeycomb grille put on at the Ford production factory. Why is the factory grille required? Can the Shelby CS6 grille be installed without using the factory grille or even by using the billet grille that Shelby put on the SGT? Has anyone attempted to instal the CS6 grille without using the factory grille? What did you have to do?

2. Can the Shelby pony emblem on the billet grille be attached on the CS6 grille? If yes, does it require any modification to the fasteners?

3. Any other "gotchas" I need to know about before doing this?

Thanks!

1. The CS6 fits inside the stock honeycomb grille. Without have that grille there, you would have nothing to support the CS6 grille. I'm sure you could assemble some type of bracketing system to make it work, but why bother. The stock honeycomb grille has already been hacked up by Shelby, all you'll be doing is opening it up more to fit in the CS6 grille.

2. I'm sure there's a way to get the pony emblem in the CS6 grille. I just looked at the back of my billet grille and it looks like it's held in there with a bracket on the back side of the grille.

3. This is not an easy install. You'll need a good Dremel tool or air saw and a lot of time and patience.

....The stock honeycomb grille has already been hacked up by Shelby, all you'll be doing is opening it up more to fit in the CS6 grille....

This is what I am not understanding. There is no stock honeycomb grille on my car. There is only the billet grille which came "Shelby-stock" when I bought the car from the dealer. There is absolutely no remnant of the honeycomb grille even on the car.

Does the CS6 grille actually have grille "slats" portion or is it just open in its center and that gets filled in using the stock honeycomb grille? If it is just an open hole that is filled with the stock honeycomb then I am just going to purchase the Cervini billet grille with "Eleanor" style fogs already mounted in the center.

This is what I am not understanding. There is no stock honeycomb grille on my car. There is only the billet grille which came "Shelby-stock" when I bought the car from the dealer. There is absolutely no remnant of the honeycomb grille even on the car.

Does the CS6 grille actually have grille "slats" portion or is it just open in its center and that gets filled in using the stock honeycomb grille? If it is just an open hole that is filled with the stock honeycomb then I am just going to purchase the Cervini billet grille with "Eleanor" style fogs already mounted in the center.

There has to be the honeycomb grille there. That's what's holding your billet grille on. Look carefully, it's there.

Here's a couple of pics after I was done with the install.

post-20530-1244936962_thumb.jpg post-20530-1244936973_thumb.jpg

post-20530-1244936962_thumb.jpg

post-20530-1244936973_thumb.jpg

Archived