TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR owners take note!!!!!!

68S08KR

OK I know you all remember me from last year when i damaged my front splitter, we don't want to go there again! well we(WoodHouse Ford) just confirmed the actual cost of a replacement splitter for the KR

The carbon fiber SS splitter is around $700

THE

KR

IS

HOLD on to your wallet!!!

$4,515.00 YIKES!! YES this is confirmed from SAI But if we are wrong please let me know!

Please don't turn this into a rant or bash, thats not what i am trying to do here!

The purpose of this thread is to inform KR owners so that they can protect there wallets by saving the original before they ruin it!!

So i guess i turn it in to insurance(deductible $250 and possibly higher premiums),pay outright, put the SS one on, or find someone to fix the old one! I want to keep the car original if i can! I have the plastic GT 500 splitter on for now!

Anyone with a KR needs to remove this piece of GOLD and put a plastic or SS one on and save the original one, especially if you drive it any at all! Watch out for dips and curbs also!post-21594-1244839038_thumb.jpg I hit a truck tire recap driving after dark on a 2 lane if you don't remember,

Does any body know of a place that can repair carbon fiber? I have a couple of the small broken out pieces but not all of it! Thanks! Jon

post-21594-1244839038_thumb.jpg

OK I know you all remember me from last year when i damaged my front splitter, we don't want to go there again! well we(WoodHouse Ford) just confirmed the actual cost of a replacement splitter for the KR

THE

KR

IS

$4,515.00 YIKES!! YES this is confirmed from SAI But if we are wrong please let me know!

Please don't turn this into a rant or bash, thats not what i am trying to do here!

The purpose of this thread is to inform KR owners so that they can protect there wallets by saving the original before they ruin it!!

So i guess i turn it in to insurance(deductible $250 and possibly higher premiums),pay outright, put the SS one on, or find someone to fix the old one! I want to keep the car original if i can! I have the plastic GT 500 splitter on for now!

Anyone with a KR needs to remove this piece of GOLD and put a plastic or SS one on and save the original one, especially if you drive it any at all! Watch out for dips and curbs also!post-21594-1244839038_thumb.jpg I hit a truck tire recap driving after dark on a 2 lane if you don't remember,

Does any body know of a place that can repair carbon fiber? I have a couple of the small broken out pieces but not all of it! Thanks! Jon

Maybe they are still upset with you and that is why they gave you that INSANE price, if that is true then thay are nuts, if that costs more than 500 they were insane to go with that one.

unreal, talk about highway robbery

Maybe they are still upset with you and that is why they gave you that INSANE price, if that is true then thay are nuts, if that costs more than 500 they were insane to go with that one.

unreal, talk about highway robbery

Better yet, FOR SALE CF SPLITTER ON SALE $4,500 FIRM.

THE

KR

IS

pm me

I just drove my KR for the first time tonight. As I was pulling into a parking space, I hit the brakes thinking about the front splitter hitting the curb.

I'm thinking about putting a plastic one on myself.

Been driving mine for almost two months, and I still end up parking about a foot and a half away from curbs. Don't think I want to push it.

My local dealer has had a red KR sitting for 6 months in the show room. I own an 07 sgt and have been studying the bits and pieces of the KR. I typically am in the dealership at 8:00 a.m.. Even when I am in later in the day, I have never had a sales person even so much as ask me if I am being helped or have questions.

My point is , for $2,000, the splitter is yours! They will never even miss it and that is 2k in upgrades for the SGT! And, you get to keep your splitter and mount it on the wall!

Bonus, this week only, free shipping!

Ever find out if anybody can do repairs on carbon fiber?

THE

KR

IS

I thought carbon fiber was supposed to be strong and give the strength of steel without the weight? This happened because you hit some tire rubber on the road? Shouldn't it be able to withstand that impact?? :headscratch:

Carbon fiber is very strong, but the splitters on these cars are only about .090 to .110thick and hitting a 40lb object at 50+ mph is going to screw up even a standard splitter and probally the bumper too as the factory plastic will just fold over and let the object hit the cover. Anyway you look at it hiting something on the road is going to do damage to one of these splitters, carbon or plastic. The plastic ones will fold over or bend and the carbon ones are going to break. Also once you start to scrub curbs and drivways the kr splitter is going to delaminate on the leading edge, where as the plastic one will just scrub some plastic off.

There is a way to make the splitter stonger to with stand this type of impact, it would make it a little heavier.

I busted mine too, $3150 plus shipping. Plus I have to cut mine up and ship it back. The good news are they want to control who gets one and make sure all originals come back. But $3150 seems awfully expense.

Not sure how many of us lowly GT500 owners would want a $3150 splitter, Im think price alone is control :hysterical:

My local dealer has had a red KR sitting for 6 months in the show room. I own an 07 sgt and have been studying the bits and pieces of the KR. I typically am in the dealership at 8:00 a.m.. Even when I am in later in the day, I have never had a sales person even so much as ask me if I am being helped or have questions.

My point is , for $2,000, the splitter is yours! They will never even miss it and that is 2k in upgrades for the SGT! And, you get to keep your splitter and mount it on the wall!

Bonus, this week only, free shipping!

Thank goodness!!!

I just drove my KR for the first time tonight. As I was pulling into a parking space, I hit the brakes thinking about the front splitter hitting the curb.

I'm thinking about putting a plastic one on myself.

I was wondering if you were going to ever drive it.

:hysterical:

THE

KR

IS

Wow and I could have bought a hood and splitter for 5k (and yes it is sold already)

• 1 month later...

When I purchased a 2007 GT500 two years ago, I quickly realized that parking was going to be tricky because of its big nose and rear spoiler, which made it difficult if not impossible to see the car's front & rear extremes.

Consulted with my local auto electronics guru, Peter's Auto Radio in San Francisco, who installed one of these for me. Perfect installation, even to the extent of having the sensors very delicately painted at a nearby body shop with the appropriate Ford touchup paint. Result was a "factory-appearing" installation. The two readouts mounted in the little channel between the top of the dash and the windshield (front sensors), and on the rear shelf next to the rear window (rear sensors).

After that all parking/close maneuvering was worry-free. The displays give you audible and visual-distance/color readings which increase as you get closer to whatever it is.

Sorry that I didn't keep any photos when I later sold the car (with immaculate front & rear). I am thinking about getting a KR soon, and was already planning to have another PTS800mn installed. This thread obviously reinforces my intention!

As an aside, I do think that if the front splitter is this expensive, it would be smart to take it off and replace it with an ordinary rubber one for daily driving purposes. Even if you avoid hitting something yourself, there's no guarantee that the good citizen pressure-parking in front of you won't smack it sometime.

Which makes me wonder if anyone here can recommend the best/most practical, economical, and decent-looking rubber replacement spliiter? Ford part number? Bolt- or screw-on substitution with no new drilling, etc.?

Michael

Is the entire piece carbon fiber or an overlay? What about the SS? Would that account for the price difference?

I know of a few well-designed rear spoilers that are well north of $5k, so this price isn't all that shocking.

Ken

Archived