TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DAVID LETTERMAN

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband Todd have just put out scathing statements directed at comedian David Letterman.

In the late-night host's, "Top 10," he joked about Palin's visit to watch the Yankees and said Palin's daughter got "knocked up" by Alex Rodriguez.

Video: David Letterman takes a shot at the governor of Alaska, who got a chance to respond later in the week as a guest on John Ziegler's radio show. MSNBC's Contessa Brewer talks to Ziegler about the feud in a contentious interview.

The governor's spokeswoman, Meg Stapleton, sent these two statements, the first from Todd: "Any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."

The next was from the governor: "Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands -- that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

He's a tool. Notice how none of the media outlets are reporting that Sarah was found to be innocent in all of those trumped up ethics investigations? 14 investigations, no wrongdoing. All made up sh!t. They're still talking about the clothes they say she stole that she did not. The left is scared of this woman because she tells the truth. Liberals hate truthfulness.

69, Thanks for bringing this up. Letterman should be completely ashamed of his comments. Just as bad as his initial remarks was his lame apology. His reported continued joking about this matter only proves how disingenuous his "apology" was. He has offended more than just the Palin's. I'm impressed with how the Palin's have responded.

Anyone wishing to send a complaint to CBS can do it here:

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

Yea.

Don Imus was FIRED from his radio/TV gig for saying something not even as bad.

Dem Rule #1 "It's only OK when WE do it!"

Isn't it amazing how the entire Democratic philosophy can be summed up in one short sentence??? :hysterical:

Mark your calenders...

Jay returns Monday, September 14th @ 10PM.

:happy feet:

69, Thanks for bringing this up. Letterman should be completely ashamed of his comments. Just as bad as his initial remarks was his lame apology. His reported continued joking about this matter only proves how disingenuous his "apology" was. He has offended more than just the Palin's. I'm impressed with how the Palin's have responded.

Anyone wishing to send a complaint to CBS can do it here:

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

Thanks for the link. I have sent my opinion that the remark was totally crude and crass. It hurts the feelings of a little girl. Anyone that is a father should be outraged if someone said something about his 14 or 18 year old daughter. Women, and little girls, are not objects to be knociked up. I will not only refuse to watch letterman but think we should boycott his sponsors. An apology will not suffice. When Jimmy the Greek and Don Imus made remarks that were inappropriate they were dealt with accordingly. It is time for ABC to stand up and state they do not support such crude language towards women or little girls. I hope others will also send their thoughts to ABC.

I think Palin should ignore this. The more she responds, the more sound-bites can be taken out of context. The MSM will never condemn this behavior from the left. She is swinging at a pitch in the dirt.

We can make him pay by not watching, but the crowd that does watch, had a good laugh and will continue watching. It is a sad testiment to the moral center of this country.

I'm waiting for DDT to respond.....with a :hysterical:

Dan

I have never thought that he was either funny or entertaining, and have wondered why he's in the position that he's in.

+1000

I just sent this complaint to CBS.........

Mr. Letterman's supposed joke aimed at the Palin's teenage daughter getting knocked up by Alex Rodriguez was way out of line. I'd like to see him make the same joke about President Obama's daughters and see what would happen. And the producers should be ashamed for letting him get away with a disgusting remark about a 14 year old girl! He should be forced by the network to apologize in person to the Palins.

Just joined the forum a few days ago. Ordered a 2010 500 and live in Alaska. My wife and her family are good friends with Sarah's family, she grew up together with Sarahs sister and Sarah's father was her teacher at Wasilla they also visited and played cards together. The Palins are down to earth regular every day people, no BS, hunt, fish, snowmachine and anything else the regular Joe would do. I am tired of the leberal media and the out of touch holleywood stars riping the Palin's apart.

Just joined the forum a few days ago. Ordered a 2010 500 and live in Alaska. My wife and her family are good friends with Sarah's family, she grew up together with Sarahs sister and Sarah's father was her teacher at Wasilla they also visited and played cards together. The Palins are down to earth regular every day people, no BS, hunt, fish, snowmachine and anything else the regular Joe would do. I am tired of the leberal media and the out of touch holleywood stars riping the Palin's apart.

Yes. As Mike Huckaby said, "If your catching flak, you must be over the target!"

Welcome to the site.

Note, pictures are a must!

Dan

These liberals are nasty people aren't they? Unbelievable that they can say things like this about conservatives and get away with it, yet if a conservative even utters a word in the other direction they are called every hate name in the book. Bigotry and hypocrisy at its finest!!

Listen..................................................the silence from the liberals on this site is deafening!!!!!!

But then again so is the silence from the main stream media, hollywood, the feminists groups etc.

Remember what happened to Jimmy the Greek and Don Imus and others for saying something inappropriate. But here, and the main stream media, they assume that if they ignore it, it will go away. After all, its okay to talk about conservatives.

Imagine, the audacity to say such a thing about someone's daughter. That shows the concern they truly have for people.

Letterman and the left have the same amount of concern for women and children that Klinton the rapist did.

He has not even apologized like a man. His idea of an apology is that he was regarding his comments to the 18 year old, not the 14 year old. He might need to really check himself considering he knocked up his girlfriend and finally maned up to it recently. Its funny how its OK to talk about Palins kids but what if he was to say something about the Obama daughter, as wrong as that would be, all hell would justifyably broken loose, as it should have for Palin's and for anyone else's daughter. He was totally out of line and he needs to be held accountable. Its enough already hiding behind your "COMEDY" BS.

Listen..................................................the silence from the liberals on this site is deafening!!!!!!

But then again so is the silence from the main stream media, hollywood, the feminists groups etc.

This really is pathetic. Shame on all the liberals and Obama worshipers for not denouncing the raping of a 14 year old girl as being unacceptable behavior. I've written CBS and I refuse to buy products from any supplier advertising on the Letterman show. I'd eat dirt before supporting those that support him. If someone said this about my 14 year old dautghter, I'd kick their ass to heck with the words.

For crying out loud, what have the Democrats turned into. Apparantly there is no shame left in the world for any of them. As I started out, how pathetic.

Where is the outrage and condemnation from the feminists? Do you think the left would ever make a comment about one of obama's daughters? And someone mentioned imus being fired for less.

Actually "Imus" made a simular "SLUR COMMENT" about more than one young daughter

and the outrage also because of the "Racial Content"...............

Letterman has apologized yet again, and just like the other times, it is lame. Instead of saying: "I am Sorry, I never should have attacted your Family, I was wrong, please forgive me", he instead tries to explain the Joke saying "the Joke was about your 18 Year Old Daughter" while he apologizes. No, he should not be Fired, that is to easy......... America should Ban together and stop watching his Show so he goes down in Flames and then they Fire Him.

He has, weakly, apologized and claimed the problem was the perception. IMO the apology is not sincere. Does anyone here think he would have apologized if there had not been so much controversy? Do you think he would have thought it over and said that was really wrong and apologized on his own? When someone apologizes on their own shows the hallmark of a man.

This was not an apology. It is a CYA, and a very weak one, because of the backlash against Letterman, the show, CBS, and its advertisers.

What is it with the liberals, they can't ever admit that they were wrong when it comes to anything.

He should have made it short and sweet. "I did it. It was wrong. It was way out of bounds. I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and pain this caused the Palin family. It won't happen again. Please accept this heartfelt apology." As a comedian sometimes I'm a real idiot, this was one of those times"

It ain't about perception, he knew exactly how this would be perceived.

Archived