TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DAVID LETTERMAN

As a father of all boys, I cant exactly feel what the Palin's felt, but I can only imagine the hurt. He shouldn't have even gone there, forget about the whole comedian B.S. he hides behind (he's not even funny). As a human being, he should have had enough sense to realize it was way out of line and kept that garbage thought to himself. And as for the apology, though it might of come off as sincere, there was too much explaining going on. Just say you are sorry and move on, and dont wait for the whole uproar from the public and pressure from the network, to actually apologize. I love the ban idea and I have been practicing it for quite some time already.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These liberals are nasty people aren't they? Unbelievable that they can say things like this about conservatives and get away with it, yet if a conservative even utters a word in the other direction they are called every hate name in the book. Bigotry and hypocrisy at its finest!!

Liberals are very cruel people. They are so cruel that if we were animals they would be getting prosecuted for cruelty to animals.

I heard that Letterman issued another apology last night. I didn't hear all of it, but it sounded like it might be more appropriate than his first lame excuse. There must have been a bunch of people that complained to CBS and it's advertisers about this. I heard that one sponsor pulled out of Letterman's show. I didn't think that Sarah Palin was qualified to be Vice President, but I admire the way that she handled this incident.

Similar "slur comment"?

:confused::hysterical::hysterical:

How about this my friend;

If I was to get upset and outraged at a slur against my daughter meant to be a joke......

"NAPPY HEADED HO"

"KNOCKED UP BY Alex Rodriguez"

Take your pick???????? :baby:

How about this my friend;

If I was to get upset and outraged at a slur against my daughter meant to be a joke......

"NAPPY HEADED HO"

"KNOCKED UP BY Alex Rodriguez"

Take your pick???????? :baby:

Poison, you are right. Fire both of them!!!! At last we had a liberal come to the aid of letterman the sleaze.

Poison, you are right. Fire both of them!!!! At last we had a liberal come to the aid of letterman the sleaze.

"dejablew"........I am not defending anyone.......Just enjoying the "OVERREACTION".........

As Usual........... :hysterical:

"dejablew"........I am not defending anyone.......Just enjoying the "OVERREACTION".........

As Usual........... :hysterical:

Kinda like if somebody said........"who's that gay little fat f%^^%^er in your signature"............now don't OVERREACT! it's just a joke, now laugh! :hysterical:

:hysterical:

Or is it just ok when it's somebody else's kid?

Kinda like if somebody said........"who's that gay little fat f%^^%^er in your signature"............now don't OVERREACT! it's just a joke, now laugh! :hysterical:

:hysterical:

Or is it just ok when it's somebody else's kid?

Ya, just like that..........

Letterman "SUCKS" and your even "WORSE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

"DICK HEAD"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Ya, just like that..........

Letterman "SUCKS" and your even "WORSE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

"DICK HEAD"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Ah c'mon it's just a joke as you put it, your OVERREACTING!

I sided with Sarah on this one. Although I am conservative, and Letterman is liberal, I usually find him pretty funny and I think it is fair game for liberals to poke fun at conservatives and conservatives to poke fun at liberals.

However, although Sarah is fair game and I think some of the jokes about Sarah were amusing, leave the kids alone. They have enough **** to deal with already without being the butt of tasteless jokes.

On the other hand, Letterman apologized, so time to let it go.

FYI, I would look at Obama the same way. Do not like him, do not respect him, and usually like it when he is the butt of jokes (or his wife is, do not like her either). However, his kids should be off limits as well.

Has anyone seen the New Leno Show? How was it/is it?

Jay will be back on the air Monday, September 14th, 2009.

Ah c'mon it's just a joke as you put it, your OVERREACTING!

Was I outraged????????No...........

Did I cry and whine/complain to Moderators over your Stupid Joke?????????No..........

Did I laugh at you for making a "DICK HEAD" post?????????Yes.............

I see no overreacting on my end........... :hysterical:

Was I outraged????????No...........

Did I cry and whine/complain to Moderators over your Stupid Joke?????????No..........

Did I laugh at you for making a "DICK HEAD" post?????????Yes.............

I see no overreacting on my end........... :hysterical:

I support Letterman, it was a Dumb comment, so he apoligzed, Palin the drama queen who is constantly starving for any and all attention had to make a major issue out of it just to keep herself in the spotlight. Everyone including McCain told her to shut up about it already.

Why she is even a topic of conversation anywhere other than is Alaska is beyond millions and millions of Americans.

I support Letterman, it was a Dumb comment, so he apoligzed, Palin the drama queen who is constantly starving for any and all attention had to make a major issue out of it just to keep herself in the spotlight. Everyone including McCain told her to shut up about it already.

Why she is even a topic of conversation anywhere other than is Alaska is beyond millions and millions of Americans.

Letterman didn't just make a dumb comment and then apologize. He made a series of "jokes" that insulted Mrs. Palin and her family. His first lame "apology" was almost as poor as his initial comments. It was days later, after many complaints, that Letterman issued a real apology. Mrs. Palin can hardly be considered a drama queen for defending her family. Do you think that Letterman would have made those initial "jokes" if he had been standing face to face with Mr. Palin? If he had, I'll bet he would be using his CBS dental plan benefits.

Letterman didn't just make a dumb comment and then apologize. He made a series of "jokes" that insulted Mrs. Palin and her family. His first lame "apology" was almost as poor as his initial comments. It was days later, after many complaints, that Letterman issued a real apology. Mrs. Palin can hardly be considered a drama queen for defending her family. Do you think that Letterman would have made those initial "jokes" if he had been standing face to face with Mr. Palin? If he had, I'll bet he would be using his CBS dental plan benefits.

Yes, I do believe that he would, Palin in my opinion is a total and utter moron. His comments were distasteful and I admit that but either way Palin (The Drama Queen) knew the comment was about her older unwed daughter who gave birth to a child while being unwed, not about her younger daughter, she is a total attention wanting person, it is more than obvious.

Yes, I do believe that he would, Palin in my opinion is a total and utter moron.

And just what is it that qualifies her to be in your view an "utter moron"? Is it the extremely high approval rating she enjoys as governor of the richest state in the union? Is it the fact that after her telepromptor broke down at the RNC she gave her entire speech from memory without skipping a beat? Is it the fact that she got her degree from a normal university instead of Harvard or Yale? I've never heard her say anything that could be considered stupid. If we had 500 of her in congress we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

And just what is it that qualifies her to be in your view an "utter moron"? Is it the extremely high approval rating she enjoys as governor of the richest state in the union? Is it the fact that after her telepromptor broke down at the RNC she gave her entire speech from memory without skipping a beat? Is it the fact that she got her degree from a normal university instead of Harvard or Yale? I've never heard her say anything that could be considered stupid. If we had 500 of her in congress we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

NO, its the fact that she is a MORON. :hysterical:

We are in the mess we are in because the male version of Palin, George W. Bush and his GOP buddies, destroyed and or looted the country for 8 years.

KC666

:rockon:

NO, its the fact that she is a MORON. :hysterical:

We are in the mess we are in because the male version of Palin, George W. Bush and his GOP buddies, destroyed and or looted the country for 8 years.

KC666

:rockon:

Oh yeah, I forgot. it was G.W. who told the banks to make loans to people who weren't credit worthy and then ran over to Wall Street and invented mortgage backed securities and then cold called about 6 million people and sold the securities. This whole thing started back in 1977 with the community reinvestment act. Jimmy Carter, Barney Frank and Bill Klinton all had their hands in this mess big time. Do some research. look it up. Better yet, go here and read, watch your Democrat heroes in videos. http://sbvor.blogspot.com/2008/09/1977-com...act-carter.html If you think the videos and info are made up, Google "community reinvestment act of 1977" and click on some other links. What have you got to lose except for your naivete?

Archived