TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE DESTRUCTION OF THE USA.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doing well Rob. No, still no stripes, was trying today to get the hood painted and the stripes installed before Tulsa. may have them on but most likely not. At least it'll be easier to spot me. :)

Absolutely. That is my point. I live my life to the fullest here. If there is in fact an afterlife I'll deal with that when the time comes.

How so? What consequences? Anything documented?

Keep this thought if I'm right though.

I've had one mother of a good ride without any afterlife fears. if you've passed up on any will you have any regrets then?

personally, I am more afraid of getting old and dependent on people and not be self sufficient than I am of dying. It's inevitable so why sweat it.

As for slamming those that do not believe, I think that's petty. I don't believe and that's my view and feelings. I have no idea what you're referring to with the Obama thing as I am Canadian.

I don't pray, go to Church, Confessions or anything religion based despite being born into a strict Catholic family. I can however do one mother of a burnout! and considering this is a car site I think that's all good.

024.jpg

Umm, I think that you have my post mixed up with someone else's post. I never slammed anyone. If you were raised in a bakery with strict parents teaching you to bake, does that make you a baker?

As for documentation of consequences, the same can be thrown back on you. Where's the documentation that God doesn't exist? Do not consequences come after the act?

I once thought as you did. I was grounded in science, and I thought of God as simply a superstition. That was until I discovered just how much scientists cannot prove on a cellular and biochemical level that blows Darwinian Theory out of the water. I won't bore you further because I'm sure that you don't care, but suffice it so say that there are things that you clearly do not understand. That's ok.

It is all about freedom of choice, and God gave you the free will to make your choice. You'll find out who's right when you die.

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

I'll say no more.

Question Ruf.

Recently (2 weeks ago) you told me you would pray for my family because of the terrible thing that is happening to my son.

Who were you praying to?

Not praying To anyone - just hoping for the best for you very strongly and to myself.

Not praying To anyone - just hoping for the best for you very strongly and to myself.

Thanks for clearing that up. You used the word "praying" in the PM to me, so that is where the confusion came from. I understand now.

Umm, I think that you have my post mixed up with someone else's post. I never slammed anyone. If you were raised in a bakery with strict parents teaching you to bake, does that make you a baker?

As for documentation of consequences, the same can be thrown back on you. Where's the documentation that God doesn't exist? Do not consequences come after the act?

It is all about freedom of choice, and God gave you the free will to make your choice. You'll find out who's right when you die.

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

I'll say no more.

No, I did not mix up your post. I was referrencing another post but did not quote it. Sorry about that.

You would be the son of a baker but you could choose not to bake.

Absolutely! There is no documentation EITHER way. That is exactly my point. Since there isn't I'm going to live MY life without any fear of consequences. I drink, I party, I have tattoos, I race, I have had one hell of a good time growing up without any fears that if you're bad you won't go to heaven. If you beleive otherwise, that is entirely up to you. Does that make me better than you? Or you better than me? Absolutely not. Just different beliefs. Last time I checked that was allowed.

No god did not give me that choice, I made it.

14.38....... So who is being ignorant? Me..... because I don't believe what you believe? There is a perfect example of being narrow minded and how beliefs can and do start major conflicts and wars in the world. I'm not ignorant, I just don't give a shit. There's a big difference. Ignorant is not knowing. I know, I just don't want any part of it. That's all.

Gotta admit not being a Moderator can be a lot of fun. I don't have to hold back my thoughts anymore.

With all we have going on in the world today - why can't we believe or not believe and just keep it to ourselves? I don't care what my neighbor's think about religion. I want good neighbors.

How about we focus our efforts on getting this country sorted out with this new World economy and get America competitive again and not dwell on personal choices and beliefs.

Let's worry more about China and less on where we spend Sunday morning.

With all we have going on in the world today - why can't we believe or not believe and just keep it to ourselves? I don't care what my neighbor's think about religion. I want good neighbors.

How about we focus our efforts on getting this country sorted out with this new World economy and get America competitive again and not dwell on personal choices and beliefs.

Well said Ruf. I agree 100%.

:evil2.0:

"How about we focus our efforts on getting this country sorted out with this new World economy and get America competitive again and not dwell on personal choices and beliefs."

I'm afraid you have a LONG 3 1/2 years to go yet before we can even begin to focus on sorting out this economy and getting America competitive again. Lets just hope and pray we still have an America left in 3 1/2 years!

I like this one. :)

God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to Him, "Lord, we don't need you anymore.

Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing.

In other words, we can now do what you did in the 'beginning'."

"Oh, is that so? Tell me." Replies God

"Well," Says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You and

breath life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's interesting. Show Me."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil.

"Oh no, no, no…" interrupts God,

(I love this) :happy feet:

"Get your own dirt." :hysterical:

I like this one. :)

God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to Him, "Lord, we don't need you anymore.

Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing.

In other words, we can now do what you did in the 'beginning'."

"Oh, is that so? Tell me." Replies God

"Well," Says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You and

breath life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's interesting. Show Me."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil.

"Oh no, no, no…" interrupts God,

(I love this) :happy feet:

"Get your own dirt." :hysterical:

That's funny right there! :hysterical:

And therin lies the confusion and the one thing science can not, no matter what they do, achieve.

The Bible starts "In the beginning".

Science has yet to find the beginning.

Just to be clear I have no issues with anyone and or their beliefs but this is kind of stuff that makes me go hmmmmmm.

And the beginning in the bible is documented? Just because it says so in the book makes it factual? What if a scientific log book was found that dated 2000 years before the bible. Unlikely, I know, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Would the scientific book now be the "right" one?

How do we know that the bible did not start out as a fictional book? There is afterall many versions of it. Which one is correct?

Just to be clear I have no issues with anyone and or their beliefs but this is kind of stuff that makes me go hmmmmmm.

And the beginning in the bible is documented? Just because it says so in the book makes it factual? What if a scientific log book was found that dated 2000 years before the bible. Unlikely, I know, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Would the scientific book now be the "right" one?

How do we know that the bible did not start out as a fictional book? There is afterall many versions of it. Which one is correct?

The Old Testament is Hebrew stories passed down through generations that someone finally put on paper. Generally it's attributed to Moses but if so, then Moses wrote of his own death.

All I did was quote the first verse of the modern accepted Bible but it goes without saying, whether you believe in a creator or in science both take an equal about of blind faith.

I'd like to continue in this debate - but it's pointless. Those who "believe" never have logical answers for those who don't.

So - believe or not believe. You're all still my brothers! :happy feet:

Do you believe Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead or do you think it was a made up story that carried on all these centuries? We have the names of those who witnessed that, but because we never seen it since it happened before our time, it must be a made up story? And if that is the case, couldn't we say that about anything and everything that we never seen first hand? Including every book ever written?

People will doubt the bible, yet people have no doubts over something like Obama's birth certificate being posted on the internet is proof he was born in HI even after it has been proven to be a fake! Yet they still believe it is real and still believe there is no way he could have ran for POTUS if he really wasn't born here no matter how much evidence proves there is serious doubt to where he really was born. Pretty amazing!

Do you believe Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead or do you think it was a made up story that carried on all these centuries?

SD, that happened +or- 2000 years ago. The holocaust only happened 55 years ago and some don't believe in that either (no one in particular on this board, just a point).

We are a "yea, well, what have you done for me lately" society.

Archived