TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rattling Sound Underneath Car?

I can't figure out what it is. When my 09 is idle there seems to be a rattling noise come from underneath the car. Im having a hardtime trying to pinpoint the exact location due to my limited expertise of mechanical skills. Does any know what it may be?

Anyway, just thought I would ask someone here who may have experienced the same problem with thier GT500.

Either way, I might end up taking it to the dealership.

Thanks

Greg

I can't figure out what it is. When my 09 is idle there seems to be a rattling noise come from underneath the car. Im having a hardtime trying to pinpoint the exact location due to my limited expertise of mechanical skills. Does any know what it may be?

Anyway, just thought I would ask someone here who may have experienced the same problem with thier GT500.

Thanks

Greg

Sounds like it may be gear rollover to me. Push in the clutch and see if it goes away. If it does thats the noise and is considered normal. Mine does it and as soon as the clutch is pushed in the noise is gone.

Sounds like it may be gear rollover to me. Push in the clutch and see if it goes away. If it does thats the noise and is considered normal. Mine does it and as soon as the clutch is pushed in the noise is gone.

Yep. I tried it and sure enough it was gone. It Does get louder when the AC is turned on. When it's off it kinda goes away.

Anyway, Just to make sure , I took in to my Local Service Dealer and they did say it was part of the gear roll over.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Thanks

Greg

20441 2007 - 2009 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 - GEAR RATTLE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR

SOME 2007 - 2009 SHELBY GT500 MUSTANGS EQUIPPED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT A "GEAR RATTLE" NOISE FROM THE DRIVELINE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR UNDER LIGHT ACCELERATION. THE NOISE IS ONLY PRESENT IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR AND IS CONSIDERED A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC CAUSED BY THE CONTACT PATTERN OF THESE GEARS. THE GEAR RATTLE NOISE HAS NO EFFECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY OF THE VEHICLE. COMPARE TO A LIKE UNIT. IF THE SYMPTOM IS EXCESSIVE COMPARED TO A LIKE UNIT, FOLLOW NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL PROCEDURES TO FURTHER DIAGNOSE THE ISSUE.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/15/2008

Please Take a look at the thread labeled " Lower end noise" We just perform a test on two different cars , If you follow the test I listed and you get the same results , It is surely gear rollover noise and normal.

If it is different please post up what you have.

Archived