TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 65 coupe now striped

JeffJ

Here's a few shots of my 65 now that it has some paint on it. I also added some gold stripes so that it fits a bit better with the Hertz! Pretty ok paint job, but this is my daily driver, so not a show car.

65_stripes2.JPG

65-065.JPG

65_stripes1.JPG

65-062.JPG

65-061.JPG

Looking pretty good for only being out of the field for 8 months. I'm surprised that 12 years in a field didn't do more damage to it.

Steve

Colorado. Everything is forever here. Too dry for cars to rust and dead trees to rot. Fire is the only solution (for the trees). Restoration is the answer for the cars.

Colorado. Everything is forever here. Too dry for cars to rust and dead trees to rot. Fire is the only solution (for the trees). Restoration is the answer for the cars.

Thanks Tony. I figured the snow and hail would do cars in but guess I figured wrong. JeffJ's Mustang looks like it survived better than the ones here in SoCal.

Steve

Thanks Tony. I figured the snow and hail would do cars in but guess I figured wrong. JeffJ's Mustang looks like it survived better than the ones here in SoCal.

Steve

Yeah, it might but you have to remember:

1. Snow doesn't melt here, it evaporates (technically, sublimates). Plus without lots of salt and chemicals on the road we don't have much of a rust problem.

2. Yeah, we get hail, but a 65 is all but armor plate.

(As a side story, I was out in a hail storm in the Cobra last Sunday - marble sized or slightly larger, and the Cobra survived. I'm glad it was carbon fiber and not aluminum as I doubt the outcome would have been pretty.

Archived