TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GM Chairman declares: 'I don't know anything about cars'...

Hmmmmmmm....It could work........

A Telephone Farmer from Texas not knowing anything about Cars getting into building them........

A Chicken Farmer from Texas not knowing anything about cars getting into Racing and then Building them......

:shift:

Hmmmmmmm....It could work........

A Telephone Farmer from Texas not knowing anything about Cars getting into building them........

A Chicken Farmer from Texas not knowing anything about cars getting into Racing and then Building them......

:shift:

well i am originally from austin so if your saying texans rock then thank you :)

I have met a lot of CEO's in my time...and VERY few of them could button their own shirts, let alone run a company...so when you start wondering about qualifications and experience...my experience has been that the industry doesn't matter near as much as the ability to run a business profitably and make sound decision with foresight.

I have met a lot of CEO's in my time...and VERY few of them could button their own shirts, let alone run a company...so when you start wondering about qualifications and experience...my experience has been that the industry doesn't matter near as much as the ability to run a business profitably and make sound decision with foresight.

Ive met Whitacre many times when i was with lucent,and hes a very bright,capable,action oriented guy,who knows all about growing and leading a very large business.I dont see how knowing cars would be necessary for him to be successful.His biggest issue is cost control and consolidtaion, which he did to a "T" on his last job.I think though he wont last 6 months if our vastly experienced Chief Exec (president) gets in his way.The Obama guys have already told GM they cant close their Detroit headquarters--which is a huge group of 3 Buildings on the Detroit river--got to be 10.000 people there.--Im sure you could drop 8 out of 10 and not miss a beat.But can you imagine the headlines.

Hey wait a minute buster, I'm a CEO, and I resemble that remark. Ah, I mean resent that remark.

He was comparing Whitacre to Shelby.

Frankly I think the industry needs new blood, someone not tainted by the old school ways and willing to step out of the rut.

i was able to piece that together just having a little fun, besides the fact that it is government motors i doubt highly he would be allowed to fail

What they need is to put an ENGINEER in charge of GM. Everytime they put some business major in charge of a manufacturing/technology company, the bottom line overrules the engineering decisions.

Why do you think Ben and Jerry's Ice cream does so well? Who better to run a food company than two guys who obviously love to eat ice cream.

And what about Apple and Microsoft? Jobs and Gates. ENGINEERS!

Let the business majors run the banks instead! (ooops, there goes THAT theory, out the window) :headscratch:

Archived