TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finished Mods -for a while.

pmorritt

First off, this is the first American made vehicle I have purchased in 25 years. This Shelby GT500 is special. Been researching threads on different mods and -for now-finished. First put on Magnaflow axle backs-nice -not too loud, no resonance. Next came 3.73 gears-what a difference! Then FRPP ss shifter with the white q-ball-cool. She now shifts with bolt-action feel-no more mushy feeling. Lastly, just got and installed FRPP CAI and xcal3 tuner with custom tune from Justin at VMP Tuning. Took her out this evening and all I can say is Holy Crap. Went easy in 1st and 2nd then stood on it in 3rd-woooomammaaa. Layed down a stripe for as long as I wanted. I thought she was fast stock-this could be intoxicating. :happy feet: :shift:

You're not done.

This :censored: is like crack!

:shift:

you got that right, b_tch! Just visited my "dealer" today and got me some D-specs and Steeda HD strut mounts, 'no wat I sayin? Ok, sorry. I need to pull myself together. You will only want more and there aint no Modaholics Anonymous!

Glad you found your way back to the U.S. and the good old fashioned rip-snorting V8!!!!!

Yeah! I am waiting for my parts from VMP and Lethal to arrive. VMP will send me the pulley's and pulley tool, SCT3 tuner, CAI, and BMR LCA's, Lethal are sending the short throw shifter setup and stick shift plus a McLeod clutch and flywheel. I already have SVT exhausts. From what you and others say this will be great! I'm looking forward to experiencing the same.

Enjoy--I will advise how much fun I get up to with this first stage mod too :).

LOL, you ain't done.

I bought the Magnaflows... 5minutes after install, I realized they were barely any different from stock... off they came the next week for something with more "song".

I THOUGHT I would just do a CAI/tune... but I ended up doing Stage 2 at the repeated suggestion from fellow TS members. SOOOOO glad I did. NOW she is awake, and I will be going further soon.

It is an addiction, but a good one. Don't forget... UCA/LCA's are mandatory to handle even STOCK power, so there's your next step!

Have fun :drool:

Trust me, you're never done!

Oh ya I'm done for a while Wife said so!!!

Any one having an issue with excessive mods and don't think they can stop, there is help. Come live with my wife for a while she will break you of that!! no need for a modaholics program.

Oh ya I'm done for a while Wife said so!!!

Any one having an issue with excessive mods and don't think they can stop, there is help. Come live with my wife for a while she will break you of that!! no need for a modaholics program.

Ditto. My wife quickly put her foot down on the mods. blkGT500nCA, do you know of a reputable mod shop in the Bay Area? I've been to TPS in Cambell for exhaust and suspension, but I don't think they're very good.

Jim

Ditto. My wife quickly put her foot down on the mods. blkGT500nCA, do you know of a reputable mod shop in the Bay Area? I've been to TPS in Cambell for exhaust and suspension, but I don't think they're very good.

Jim

I don not. So far I've tackled all of my mods myself. (new stripes not included) I did have to use a lift at a local shop to do my exhaust. I couldn't get the car high enough on jack stands to get the cat backs over the rear axle. (then I had to use them again to take it off when I changed my exhaust set up. :banghead: Oh the MRS. loved that)

These online work manuals are invaluable! Along with fellow enthusiasts write ups on their installs, I've been lucky (enough) so far.

I don not. So far I've tackled all of my mods myself. (new stripes not included) I did have to use a lift at a local shop to do my exhaust. I couldn't get the car high enough on jack stands to get the cat backs over the rear axle. (then I had to use them again to take it off when I changed my exhaust set up. :banghead: Oh the MRS. loved that)

These online work manuals are invaluable! Along with fellow enthusiasts write ups on their installs, I've been lucky (enough) so far.

Got it. Thanks.

Archived