TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future value of a 08

idareu

Thats like asking what the stock market is going to do, or what real estate prices will be in 5 years. No one has a way of knowing.

What do you think a 08 GT500 vert with 3000 miles stock will sell for in 2014?

Well the way things are heading it might be illegal to own it in 2014.

But seriously In my opinion too many people have put these current Shelby's away with close to zero miles thinking they will increase in value like the 60's Shelby's. I don't see that happening.

There will be plenty of these newer Shelby's still on the road 10 to 20 years from now. Sure yours would be worth more than one with 100k mikes on it but again in my opinion these cars should be driven and not looked at a possible investment,

Steve

Well the way things are heading it might be illegal to own it in 2014.

But seriously In my opinion too many people have put these current Shelby's away with close to zero miles thinking they will increase in value like the 60's Shelby's. I don't see that happening.

There will be plenty of these newer Shelby's still on the road 10 to 20 years from now. Sure yours would be worth more than one with 100k mikes on it but again in my opinion these cars should be driven and not looked at a possible investment,

Steve

I agree, a short to mid term monitary return on your investment....probably not (possibly a semi-safe exit strategy however).

An immediate in the seat of your pants can't wipe the smile off your face investment....ABSOLUTELY!

First, there are just too many of these cars being made. Its not like there will not be many available in 10 to 20 years.

Second, and most important and already stated, autos are going to drastically change in the next 10 to 20 years. I seriously doubt that very many cars will actually be running on gasoline (certainly not gasoline as we know it) in even 15 years. I think it will be very hard to get gas that this car will run on by then and even if you can, that particular octane of gas will be incredibly expensive and maybe even unlawful. The people who paid the really big bucks over sticker as an investment had better cut their losses now and with the economy the way it is. thats going to be tough.

I think it will be very hard to get gas that this car will run on by then and even if you can, that particular octane of gas will be incredibly expensive and maybe even unlawful.

Why do I have visions of the Mad Max movie :hysterical:

I don't see gasoline going away but I can see a hefty tax someday.

Steve

Archived