TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dang, They Want OVER 1/2 Million Dollars For It

Just the other day I was wondering what happened to the Orange County Choppers Shelby GT500E bike. Well I found it and its for sale. Only catch is the price.

Steve

GT500E Chopper

They said it "appraised" for 1.2 million. I'd like to see the comps on that one.

I dig the wood handle bars nice touch! The rear wheel is cool too! I want to see this episode!

Season 2

Episode 42: Carroll Shelby Bike 1

It's off to visit car-racing legend Carroll Shelby, during which OCC discusses design ideas for their tribute to Shelby's long career. But after deciding on their ultimate inspiration — a classic Shelby Mustang — the boys return to their usual antics: Senior takes a Shelby car for a high-speed spin and fights with Junior over the bike's frame, a golf cart is taken for a destructive joyride, and Gus gets locked in Senior's Hummer. Will they get things together and finish the bike before their fast-approaching deadline?

Episode 43: Carroll Shelby Bike 2

OCC continues their fabrication on the Shelby Bike, but faces immense pressure to finish in time to move to their brand-new shop. To celebrate the end of an era, the boys drive Senior's car through the walls of the old office; even Governor Pataki visits the boys at their new headquarters. But it's not all fun and games, as the guys quickly find out. When the bike comes back from the paint shop, they discover a major problem with the motor ... just hours before it has to be shipped to Vegas.

More pics: that thing has NOS on it!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopp...rollshelby.html

Sorry - but the ONLY thing on that bike that reminds me of a Shelby is the silver and black stripe combo and the signature on the seat. Too bad - I wonder how fast it will really go with a high reach chopper setup like that. Some of the rides they make are inspired - but not this one IMHO.

:hysterical3: $500k?!

The funny thing is that I remember seeing that same bike on ebay within the last year with a "buy it now" of 300k, not 500k. I remember thinking at the time how RIDICULOUS that was! Asking way too much for something does not mean it is worth that. :lol:

The funny thing is that I remember seeing that same bike on ebay within the last year with a "buy it now" of 300k, not 500k. I remember thinking at the time how RIDICULOUS that was! Asking way too much for something does not mean it is worth that. :lol:

It would be intersting to know what Unique paid OCC to build it. It would also be interesting to know what Unique sold it to this collector for.

Steve

Problem as I see it is if you bought it, you'd still have to look at it...truly hideous.

http://www.zerochop.com/pictureview1.html

So what you have to go to Japan to get a zerochop, we live in the USA McCoy. :hysterical: Come on the bike isn't that bad....... I agree a half a mil is stupid to ask for the bike, its about $425,000 over priced, what if the bike was $75,000 would it still be truely hideous. :lurk:

The part that bothers me the most is it only has 32 miles on it.

I saw this bike in person a few years back and was quite impressed with the quality.

Being in SoCal I've seen dozens of "car builds" from TV shows and I'm sure some of you would be shocked at the garbage most car build shows put out.

I'm not an Elanor fan so this bike doesn't do much for me but I give them credit for their craftsmanship.

Now the 1/2 million dollars is another thing.

Steve

I saw this bike in person a few years back and was quite impressed with the quality.

Being in SoCal I've seen dozens of "car builds" from TV shows and I'm sure some of you would be shocked at the garbage most car build shows put out.

I'm not an Elanor fan so this bike doesn't do much for me but I give them credit for their craftsmanship.

Now the 1/2 million dollars is another thing.

Steve

That thing isn't worth 50K let alone 500K

Archived