TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Keeping the shelby after all !!!!!!!!!

Well this hood scoop and stripe thing was driving me nuts didnt want to fight with my dealer so i put the shelby on auto trader for 31500 after a couple weeks dropped it to 27500 still no calls so thats it got a new kaenen 3" cowl hood today and getting the stripes taken off !!!! no more plastic junk hood scoop and no more fake vinyl stripes to worry about done with all that !!!!!!jet black and clean!

Well this hood scoop and stripe thing was driving me nuts didnt want to fight with my dealer so i put the shelby on auto trader for 31500 after a couple weeks dropped it to 27500 still no calls so thats it got a new kaenen 3" cowl hood today and getting the stripes taken off !!!! no more plastic junk hood scoop and no more fake vinyl stripes to worry about done with all that !!!!!!jet black and clean!

Did you consider just paying a shop to make the new generation SAI scoop functional and painting the stripes on? That's what I did and I'm very happy with the results.

Or the Heath scoop is a good option too. The 3" cowl is a hell of a departure from the SGT look, IMO. Either way, good luck and post pics when you're done.

Ken

I like your thinking :hysterical:

photo-6.jpg

nope im done,body shop here thats a good one wants 2500.00 to paint stripes but i think the car will look good all black and i love the look of that hood.

Smart move, I'm tired of using a toothpick to clean the wax off the edges !!!! Do what makes you happy :dance:

the kaenen factory is right down the street from me two brothers own it kip and kevin real nice guys actually have a nother new hood for our cars but anyway they usually come white hes making me a black fiber one he said put it on the car for a week first and let it bake in the sun before i paint it then after i paint it i will post some pic s he said it will be done wed!

[quote name='tomlor611' date='Jun 10 ok first step done got the stripes off of everything but the hood.My hood should be done by wed of this week so should have that part done by next weekend then drive around for one week with new hood on car to bake in the sun then paint ,the car looks pretty bad just all black i like it !!!!

Archived