TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Showing a Car

bigtv

I learned a great trick to help get points at shows is to take pics with flash of all areas after you cleaned, You will be amazed of what areas that can be re-cleaned or show up, I have over 75 trophies for my cars and this is the standard that helps me see what I missed, try it, you'll see the difference, Later Mickey :lurk:

Here's another great trick I use is to have 2 microfiber towels and then take the squirt trigger off my Maguire's detail mist bottle and put it my bottle of Turtle wax ICE wax and spray down my hoses and areas around the engine. The best thing in gets in all the areas in the with the corrugated hoses, Just wipe down after a few minutes to soak and then buff all you can reach and the rest stays black, :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet: Later Mickey

• 1 year later...

Most all car show are set-up by the organizers/car clubs whose members win their class. It is mostly rigged!

I've actually experienced this at a big Mustang Show. Not saying I should have won something, but the top 3 places in almost every category were won by local MCA members and IMHO were not always the nicest examples in their class. I think it's the buddy principle. People at the show tended to vote for their buddies car rather than the best car.

Archived