TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Showing a Car

bigtv

I have a dumb question.

I am entering My first car show (a little one) on Saturday and I need to select Stock --- Semi ---- Modified.

1. Off the parking lot is a Shelby GT considered Stock or not?

2. I f I added the Bear Cross and slotted rotors does that push me to the semi class?

I have a dumb question.

I am entering My first car show (a little one) on Saturday and I need to select Stock --- Semi ---- Modified.

2. I f I added the Bear Cross and slotted rotors does that push me to the semi class?

If anything is modified at all from the moment it left the factory, it's not stock, in my opinion. If you're entering a concours Mustang show, a Shelby isn't stock to begin with. If it's a general car show and your Shelby was untouched from SAI, I'd consider it 'stock'. So it kind of depends on the kind of show you're entering, but either way, your car has been modified, even if only slightly. Good luck.

Ken

I entered mine at a show two weeks ago and you could select Daily driver, ocasional or trailord.

After that my Shelby fell in the class that they had listed as "second generation Shelby" Sometimes they have a class just for Shelby's, Roush, Bullit, Saleen

I went to the Ford Carlisle show in Carlisle, Pa last Saturday and they had a class that was called Shelby All.

There was 8 SGTs in my class, 2 black, 2 blue ,4 white. I was next to AFBlue who was the only one I saw from

this forum.

Phil from Williamsport, Pa.

I have a dumb question.

I guess the question wasn't so dumb since every answer has been different. Just call the show organizers and ask.

Look at the info for the car show.

The Mustang shows out here have many, many classes! 74 for the big Mustangs in the Park on the 21st.

There are lists of what mods you can have to still qualify for Factory Stock. Check out the ones MOCC has on the link.

http://www.mustangownersofca.org/Events/2009Woodley.pdf

I have a dumb question.

I've been on the show circuit since 1997. What you described is still considered stock for ordinary local shows or the more organized non-professional shows. The general rule of thimb is 3 modifications usually translates to "modified". However that is certainly dependent on the kinds of mods made. Lets say you put in a CAI, underdrive pullies and axlebacks. These are relatively considered to be "minor" types of mods. Together the car is technically considered to be modified because 3 distinct modifications though minor were made replacing stock parts. However lets say you take a complete stock car and put a blower kit in with no other mods. Though the kit is considered a single modification it is certainly a major mod and is considered to be modified. Also anytime you invade the block, that is considered to be modified.

When you get into concourse type shows or professional shows the rules as to what is modified v. stock get squirrelly. In these types of shows you will need to seek out a copy of the rules for the particular show or seek out a known judge and ask them. Otherwise the ordinary street shows or even the more organized non-professional shows just use the 3-mod guidelines.

I always considered the SGT stock, as far as Shelbys goe. When I won the Outstanding in Class award at the Autorama in March, the judges put me in the Contemporary Hardtop Class. Their Shelby class was for the original roadsters, with a plastic sub-class.

It seems to be up to the judges and sponsors as to how they classify cars for each event.

I understand the nuances of this and it will often come down to the show rules and classes, for example "Shelby Class" but the car is ordered from Ford, is a Ford sales product, and warranted by Ford. That's stock. Ford contracted with SAI to have changes made to the car, not me and the car is delivered this way. This is not the case with Saleen, etc., but I can see the argument the other way too, but I think it's totally unfair to the car to place it in modified where it will never win against cars that are BLING and SC'd, etc.

......but I think it's totally unfair to the car to place it in modified where it will never win against cars that are BLING and SC'd, etc.

I learned a long time ago that most of the folks attending shows really get their rocks off by cars adorned with the most BS. It can be piled on the car so thick that it completely destroys the aesthetic and nostalgic cues the car has...but it doesn't matter to these BLING-BILLIES because in this country from the day they are born its all about who can grab the most attention no matter what outrageous ugly stuff must be done to grab it.

After I realized this, winning shows dropped completely off the list of things important in my car show life. Instead the win came from bringing the smiles to little kids faces and memories from the old-timers on their last leg in life that all they have left are their memories of "the good ole days" they really want to share with everyone else before they depart. And if my car can brings the smiles and jog old-timers memories, then my car is the absolute winner of the show. My memories of these kids and old-timers will far outlast any of the trophies won by some tasteless and clueless

BLING-BILLY.

post-11234-1244757035_thumb.jpg

I learned a long time ago that most of the folks attending shows really get their rocks off by cars adorned with the most BS. It can be piled on the car so thick that it completely destroys the aesthetic and nostalgic cues the car has...but it doesn't matter to these BLING-BILLIES because in this country from the day they are born its all about who can grab the most attention no matter what outrageous ugly stuff must be done to grab it.

After I realized this, winning shows dropped completely off the list of things important in my car show life. Instead the win came from bringing the smiles to little kids faces and memories from the old-timers on their last leg in life that all they have left are their memories of "the good ole days" they really want to share with everyone else before they depart. And if my car can brings the smiles and jog old-timers memories, then my car is the absolute winner of the show. My memories of these kids and old-timers will far outlast any of the trophies won by some tasteless and clueless

BLING-BILLY.

Well said. Let people and kids see your car. Trophys only collect dust. I know I had a streed rod for awhile and could not give the trophys away. Put a bunch in a garbage can once and some body cleaned out the can.

post-11234-1244757035_thumb.jpg

thanks for all the input.

Saturday Evening is my first show and I will see how it goes. I do also believe the SMILE is the most important and what I will remember.

I will let you all know what happens for a rookie.

John

I've been in many car shows and as long as you have the oringal engine and drive train, and the big one no more than 3 items for cosmetic changes can be in stock class, after 3 then you must go in modifed or semi modedded classes,

I understand the nuances of this and it will often come down to the show rules and classes, for example "Shelby Class" but the car is ordered from Ford, is a Ford sales product, and warranted by Ford. That's stock. Ford contracted with SAI to have changes made to the car, not me and the car is delivered this way. This is not the case with Saleen, etc., but I can see the argument the other way too, but I think it's totally unfair to the car to place it in modified where it will never win against cars that are BLING and SC'd, etc.

Unless it is a GT/SC. That is considered stock, SAI stock.

thanks for all the input.

Saturday Evening is my first show and I will see how it goes. I do also believe the SMILE is the most important and what I will remember.

I will let you all know what happens for a rookie.

John

Most all car show are set-up by the organizers/car clubs whose members win their class. It is mostly rigged!

Most all car show are set-up by the organizers/car clubs whose members win their class. It is mostly rigged!

Humm...most car shows I have been involved in that are run by car clubs specifically exclude members of the the club from trophy consideration.

So far, so good for me!

DSC00260.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

DSC00260.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

Humm...most car shows I have been involved in that are run by car clubs specifically exclude members of the the club from trophy consideration.

So far, so good for me!

WOW did you win all of those with your 2007 SGT?

My wife , Jill has shown her '08 SGT vert many, many times.

It has been classified Late Model Stock, Shelby class, And Special edition.

It all depends on the Show orginizers, and how thbey are judging, at MCA shows she was in Late Models, popular vote.

TDS

I went to the Ford Carlisle show in Carlisle, Pa last Saturday and they had a class that was called Shelby All.

There was 8 SGTs in my class, 2 black, 2 blue ,4 white. I was next to AFBlue who was the only one I saw from

this forum.

Phil from Williamsport, Pa.

Hey! Great to meet you at Carlisle. Who ended up winning our class?

Good Question.

I know our 'vert, Peaches didn't.

A few things, the three modification "rule" has wiggle room.

IMO some plastic "chrome" trim, some aluminun inserts and a stock looking radio do not carry the same weight as 20" wheels, 6-point rollbar and supercharger.

Both are three mods, but one could go into a stock class and one definately can't.

About club members cars being judged, we do two shows at the same dealer, spring and fall.

One show members are display only and the other one is open competition. We have a lot of MCA Gold and First Place cars.

Our show regulars know that if they can beat our cars, they have a really nice ride.

They use our cars as a learning aid, and we are always willing to help them find those "extra" points for next time.

Hey! Great to meet you at Carlisle. Who ended up winning our class?

I don't know, i was going to check the carlisle web page, just havent had time yet.

I noticed you left early, later in the afternoon there an 08 Blue Convertable in your spot.

I had to leave about 3 to get home in time to get my dog from the boarding kennel.

Was any of the other SGTs Team Shelby members, I didnt see any window decals. The

white SGT beside me, he didnt know about the web site and he didnt seem too interested

in computers or the internet. :headscratch:

Phil from Williamsport, Pa

No win for SGT 2798.

But a lot of smiles....

and a lot of WOW that is a SHELBY.

and that car must cost a least 60,000

and a lot of ooh's and ah's

Not to be selfish but a lot of people took pictures of my car over anyones elses.

THANKS for all the advice

PS they said that my engine was my biggest failure. IT looks good to me. maybe some specks here and there, it only has 2500 miles on it....

post-22367-1244949927_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1244949927_thumb.jpg

So far, so good for me!

That is an accurate statement... I just do to show the car, and see other cars with out the expectation of winning.

I was at a show last summer that had a Terilinga that did not even place???

R/ J

Archived