TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gear Engagement - 09 KR

Is this any gear at any speed? Based on your info, I'm guessing your dash plaque is 09KR0441. Mine is 09KR0058, and I'm pretty sure that I have the new clutch, based on my build date of 9/30/08. I wouldn't think that your 441 would have gotten the old clutch.

Is this any gear at any speed? Based on your info, I'm guessing your dash plaque is 09KR0441. Mine is 09KR0058, and I'm pretty sure that I have the new clutch, based on my build date of 9/30/08. I wouldn't think that your 441 would have gotten the old clutch.

Most problems at standstill / slow speeds.

My door jamb says 10/08. I have done around 180 miles. Not hard but gradually building on power.

My dash is indeed 09KR0441.

I imported the car to the UK so any tsb woiuld be fun to say the least.

Thanks to grabber I got the build date confirmed as 10/10/08 so not the tsb issue then - any other ideas ? If a cable assembly is fitted, then being new is there any stretch which occurs & is this adjustable ?

Thanks for your help - most helpful and welcome.

Best Regards

It has a short throw in it (ford racing) does it feel sloppy? also if you are trying to downshift into first that would be difficult the transmission doesnt like that. it should have a "positive" notchy feel to it when you shift gears but it should not present shifting problems

It has a short throw in it (ford racing) does it feel sloppy? also if you are trying to downshift into first that would be difficult the transmission doesnt like that. it should have a "positive" notchy feel to it when you shift gears but it should not present shifting problems

No there is something wrong. for example I can't get it into reverse at standstill. I have to switch off, put it into reverse and re-start. The gear change was super smooth to begin with, now terrible & notchy and difficult to get into any gear.

I'm trying the pump the brake pedal and clutch pedal trick a la Grabber to see if I can work out any air in the line - which I hope to god it is only that.

Apart from that I'm amazed at this car.

No there is something wrong. for example I can't get it into reverse at standstill. I have to switch off, put it into reverse and re-start. The gear change was super smooth to begin with, now terrible & notchy and difficult to get into any gear.

I'm trying the pump the brake pedal and clutch pedal trick a la Grabber to see if I can work out any air in the line - which I hope to god it is only that.

sure sounds like the TSB :headscratch:

A few things to try:

1. Clutch should be FULLY depressed before you shift to reverse. Try adjusting the seat forward to assist.

2. Depress the clutch, then move the shift lever fully to the left (1-2 gate) and then shift into reverse.

You might be encountering the reverse lockout.

However, if it is difficult to get into any gear, your car might be a candidate for the TSB. Does it grind while attempting to shift into any gear?

What I don't quite understand in this scenario is the fact that the car has been barely driven + it's a 2009 KR built in november 2008 which means it has the latest transmission parts and shouldn't be a potential client for the dreaded TSB. Unless the morons who've already broken the front splitter also managed to screw up the trans. while testing the car for homologation purpose. If this is the case, I would hunt them down until I got all of them by the balls!!

Most problems at standstill / slow speeds.

My door jamb says 10/08. I have done around 180 miles. Not hard but gradually building on power.

My dash is indeed 09KR0441.

I imported the car to the UK so any tsb woiuld be fun to say the least.

Thanks to grabber I got the build date confirmed as 10/10/08 so not the tsb issue then - any other ideas ? If a cable assembly is fitted, then being new is there any stretch which occurs & is this adjustable ?

Thanks for your help - most helpful and welcome.

Best Regards

Unfortunately, there is no clutch cable to adjust, the system is hydrolic. Based on your build date, it appears that you have the 2nd generation clutch assembly in your car. Having said that, and considering the issues you are having with the clutch/transmission, I would venture to say that you have air in the system. Try pumping the clutch pedal several times next time to see if that helps shifting, and if it does, then I recommend that you have the master and slave cylinders bled.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, there is no clutch cable to adjust, the system is hydrolic. Based on your build date, it appears that you have the 2nd generation clutch assembly in your car. Having said that, and considering the issues you are having with the clutch/transmission, I would venture to say that you have air in the system. Try pumping the clutch pedal several times next time to see if that helps shifting, and if it does, then I recommend that you have the master and slave cylinders bled.

Hope this helps.

It does help - I checked under the car today and it definitely has the new flywheel.

So to ask another question - how are the clutch and master slave cylinders bled ?

I think this may be the answer.

Kind Regards

It does help - I checked under the car today and it definitely has the new flywheel.

So to ask another question - how are the clutch and master slave cylinders bled ?

I think this may be the answer.

Kind Regards

Hmmn, a Z06 is tempting

• 2 weeks later...

If she sounds like screaming pig when you fire her up that is when i think of air in the lines that needs to be bled, it sure sounds like TSB and am surprised if that is the case how the dreaded flywheel found its way to your late built date. and if as you said that it is the new flywheel that makes the puzzle more interesting. please keep us posted.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...l=screaming+pig

Maybe the new stuff is not improved???????????

That will be puzzling if it is new flywheel and same dreaded problem. sure sounds from the symptoms that they are typical of the clutch failure. but no jumping to conclusion and i will be interested in knowing what the dealer say about it.

• 2 months later...

Quick question... I have an 08 KR (08KR0224) with build date of 9/08 ... i saw the post here for an 09KR361 with build date of 7/08 on the sticker... does that sound correct. Im just asking cause i wanted to know if i had the new or old clutch... thanks. I dont get the order of CSM... seems like its all disorganized ?

08KR0224

Archived