TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sequential Turn Signals

09KR0058

In the Shelby store, they sell some kind of kit that converts your rear turn signals so that the lights come on sequentially rather than all at once. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

Has anyone installed this kit? If so, how is it done?

I love it! This was the ONE mod I wanted to do to my Mustang, GT 500, GT, SGT or whatever. I ordered a set similar to those sold at the Shelby store and it was literally a plug and play installation. Took me just over 30 minutes from opening the package to putting the tools up. Coolest mod I think you can make. I was apprehensive at removing the tail lights from the car, but they came out easy, went back in easy and all I had to do was plug the new harness in at the factory plug, swap the bulbs over and put it back together. Mine works great! I have to let the wife drive it sometimes so I can follow her and enjoy them!

Good Luck!

I love it! This was the ONE mod I wanted to do to my Mustang, GT 500, GT, SGT or whatever. I ordered a set similar to those sold at the Shelby store and it was literally a plug and play installation. Took me just over 30 minutes from opening the package to putting the tools up. Coolest mod I think you can make. I was apprehensive at removing the tail lights from the car, but they came out easy, went back in easy and all I had to do was plug the new harness in at the factory plug, swap the bulbs over and put it back together. Mine works great! I have to let the wife drive it sometimes so I can follow her and enjoy them!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply! So, if I understand you correctly, the kit has a new wiring harness that you swap with the original one?

Also, what did you mean by "swap the bulbs over"?

Webelectric

Thanks for the quick reply! So, if I understand you correctly, the kit has a new wiring harness that you swap with the original one?

Also, what did you mean by "swap the bulbs over"?

Check out this site for Webelectric, they have instructions on how to install their plug n play sequential turn signals. You can get an idea of what you have to do. The online instructions are on the menu bar on the left.

Webelectric

In the Shelby store, they sell some kind of kit that converts your rear turn signals so that the lights come on sequentially rather than all at once. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

Has anyone installed this kit? If so, how is it done?

Yes I love them, it was my first mod! See here my sequential taillight installation instructions with step by step pictures and a video!

I love mine :happy feet: I installed them last month. I bought mine from Shelby Performance. They are just a replacement wiring harness that replaces the stock one in the trunk, using your stock bulbs. Mine came with no instructions but it was a snap. Just follow the tail light blub replacement instructions in your owners manual

to get to the stock bulb and then follow the wire back to the plug. The green arrow in your dash flashes the same as if you have you stock lights. They look really cool when to turn on your emergency flashers. :drool:

My only complaint is that I can't see them when I'm driving :hysterical:

I love mine :happy feet: I installed them last month. ..... They look really cool when to turn on your emergency flashers. :drool:

My only complaint is that I can't see them when I'm driving :hysterical:

+1 I got mine for my BDay from Blue Oval Racing. Brings back the old Shelby look!!!! :happy feet:

I think you've already gathered, from the other replies, you just pop your stock bulbs out and put them in the new holders, snap the holders back in the tail light housing and re-install the tail lights. Simple, quick, cool.

Enjoy!

I think you've already gathered, from the other replies, you just pop your stock bulbs out and put them in the new holders, snap the holders back in the tail light housing and re-install the tail lights. Simple, quick, cool.

Enjoy!

The silliest thing I thought was that the plastic stuff is held in with plastic buttons and the trunk sound deadener is held up with bolts!!!!

the sequential turn indicators are hot stuff !!!! .... easy install .. just takes a few moments .... only issue i found regarding installing my is getting the factory bulbs out of the factory harness !!

Enjoy them

I love mine. The only catch was taking the subs and power amps out to get to the passenger side lights. (I have a Shaker 1000)

+1

Just adds a few more minutes to the install, I should have left mine out . . .

Archived