TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On its way

greggara

Confirmed. They are apparently repairing these clutches pretty quickly. My dealer just called 5 minutes ago and said that the car just left the plant will be on its way today. ETA to SC is June 22d, but they will be tracking it by rail car number by Monday morning and will have a tighter arrival day. Our babies are coming home from the hospital folks......

All of you who already have ordered, it looks like Ford is updating the dealers VVS today, and you'll have an update on status today. If you don't hear from them, recommend that you call your dealer this afternoon.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Confirmed. They are apparently repairing these clutches pretty quickly. My dealer just called 5 minutes ago and said that the car just left the plant will be on its way today. ETA to SC is June 22d, but they will be tracking it by rail car number by Monday morning and will have a tighter arrival day. Our babies are coming home from the hospital folks......

All of you who already have ordered, it looks like Ford is updating the dealers VVS today, and you'll have an update on status today. If you don't hear from them, recommend that you call your dealer this afternoon.

Repeat of my post on SVTPerformance related to your post:

Well, I called Ford this afternoon and sure enough my delivery date was slipped since my call yesterday. The deliveries of already built, those in-line, and those to be built is going to be choppy until this thing is fully sorted out. Don't think we will be able to see a clear delivery pattern immediately. For example, I am sure some cars that were ordered later will be delivered earlier than some of the already built cars.

I think that you're exactly right. Right now, there are GT500s and regular mustangs all over the staging area at Flat Rock, in various states of modification, and in no particular build order. Additionally, they are making more that have the new parts on them that are coming off the line every day.

All that I can say is that they will ship them as fast as they can, without a heck of a lot of worry about the build order.

Greggara--asked MM about the alleged delay and heres his reponse as it relates to our cars--

I dont know what the guy is talking about! Your car is in LIMA OHIO headed this way!!! Im tracking it all the way to GA!!!!

This just in... Nancy Pelosi has apparently just hijacked this train full of V8 powered, performance cars. Word on the wire is that she's taking this global warming fight to the streets. Sorry dudes. :hysterical:

nancy-pelosi-fist.jpg

This just in... Nancy Pelosi has apparently just hijacked this train full of V8 powered, performance cars. Word on the wire is that she's taking this global warming fight to the streets. Sorry dudes. :hysterical:

nancy-pelosi-fist.jpg

Pretty creative--guess shes the Shelby Czarina

Im working with Yocum Ford in PA, the guy Jeff I am dealing with has always kept me informed and up to date. Its not his nor the dealers problem, its the way the factory decides to make these cars and ship them. Its the luck of the draw now when it comes to getting these cars, and like few others I have talked to its starting to lose its excitement and turn more towards frustration.

Im working with Yocum Ford in PA, the guy Jeff I am dealing with has always kept me informed and up to date. Its not his nor the dealers problem, its the way the factory decides to make these cars and ship them. Its the luck of the draw now when it comes to getting these cars, and like few others I have talked to its starting to lose its excitement and turn more towards frustration.

IMHO- You need to call Ralph Arning at AAI on Monday morning, and just ask him to be straight up with you and give you a real status. The dealers, "in general" (and I'm not speaking of my dealer, or good guys like Mike Morris, etc) dont really care much, once the order is in. They are not going to devote any time to keep checking the system for status. Call Ralph, explain your frustration, and he will give you REAL info. He did with me, and he has been spot on as far as where my car is.

IMHO- You need to call Ralph Arning at AAI on Monday morning, and just ask him to be straight up with you and give you a real status. The dealers, "in general" (and I'm not speaking of my dealer, or good guys like Mike Morris, etc) dont really care much, once the order is in. They are not going to devote any time to keep checking the system for status. Call Ralph, explain your frustration, and he will give you REAL info. He did with me, and he has been spot on as far as where my car is.

Under any other circumstance I would agree but the guy he is going through is a straight forward.

I almost ordered from him but he didnt know when the car would be built. I did not want to guess about timeframe so I found this site and was directed to MM. I was his first order and sure enough my car should arrive late next week. It been a long wait since December but I think it will be worth it.

I talked with ralph yesterday he said he would be on vacation next week but I could call on the 22nd.

Cobra09

My car and yours are very close vin wise and build dates are the same....I hope its sooner than July :mellow:

Zeindog, I feel your pain. Can't get a straight answer from anyone. My dealer is checking every day and pretty reliable (friend of the family, very large dealer), but they know only about as much as the Ford customer service reps, which isn't much. I've said "I should have it by the end of May"...."I should have it by the end of June"...."I hope I have it before winter so I can drive it a little."

I did call Mr. Arning once and left a message, and he never called back. Im not going to bother the guy, im sure he has another job to do then check on my car. They need to have a customer support center at the factory, not 1000 miles away in Florida.

I did call Mr. Arning once and left a message, and he never called back. Im not going to bother the guy, im sure he has another job to do then check on my car. They need to have a customer support center at the factory, not 1000 miles away in Florida.

Now that's a Novel idea! I was shocked when I asked the lady where she was and she said central Florida. :headscratch:

Good Luck,

Cobra09

Hey Goldgus, before you assume the worst in people, get some facts. I am the salesperson who sold Zeindog his car and have been checking VV (Vehicle Visibility) every day, but I am the type of person that likes to text when I have good news, instead of texting with no new news! I am a car guy 1st & foremost and a sales person 2nd. Just check around on The Mustang Source and you'll see. I was out for 4 days at the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle with my friends and customers, with my modded 2006 Mustang GT. Ask yourself, how many car salespeople would take off 3 days of selling cars, to do this? Not a whole lot, let me tell you!! And with his Shelby, I text him updates all the time. He also knows I was out for a week with having all 4 wisdom teeth removed (with 2 impacted), so he knows why I wasn't touching base with him during the late part of May. I was really in bad shape after that (I had a liver transplant 5 years ago, so the oral surgeon had to make extra precautions not to screw with that) So, before you go out and say I don't care about his order any more, since he placed it.... YOUR FLAT OUT WRONG SIR!!!! Wanna ask around about me here, ask Greggara, or AFBlue, or Torrence, or even BPMURR! Greggara, thank you for backing me up. I really appreciate it!!!

Chris, you know I'll be on the phone as soon as I see a change in VV, you can count on that!!!

Hey Goldgus, before you assume the worst in people, get some facts. I am the salesperson who sold Zeindog his car and have been checking VV (Vehicle Visibility) every day, but I am the type of person that likes to text when I have good news, instead of texting with no new news! I am a car guy 1st & foremost and a sales person 2nd. Just check around on The Mustang Source and you'll see. I was out for 4 days at the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle with my friends and customers, with my modded 2006 Mustang GT. Ask yourself, how many car salespeople would take off 3 days of selling cars, to do this? Not a whole lot, let me tell you!! And with his Shelby, I text him updates all the time. He also knows I was out for a week with having all 4 wisdom teeth removed (with 2 impacted), so he knows why I wasn't touching base with him during the late part of May. I was really in bad shape after that (I had a liver transplant 5 years ago, so the oral surgeon had to make extra precautions not to screw with that) So, before you go out and say I don't care about his order any more, since he placed it.... YOUR FLAT OUT WRONG SIR!!!! Wanna ask around about me here, ask Greggara, or AFBlue, or Torrence, or even BPMURR! Greggara, thank you for backing me up. I really appreciate it!!!

Chris, you know I'll be on the phone as soon as I see a change in VV, you can count on that!!!

I am just telling it like it is.

I told 06vistablueGT on the phone that he was the most knowledgable salesman I ever talked to and he corrected me by saying he is a "car fanatic first and foremost who just happens to sell them."

OK, First Off - My apologies. I NEVER meant to insinuate that YOU were not taking care of Zeindog, his order, his info, etc.

And my best to you for speedy recovery, I have been through that myself.

My DIG is really at FoMoCo for not having better information systems for their dealers, customers etc. In this day and age of technologies, which is my business, you would think that there would be better, up to the minute info available for car nuts like ourselves who are impatient and demanding. My main point is that Ralph was always able to give me info that was not provided to my selling dealer. For the most part, I'm keeping my dealer informed with new info as it comes. And again, they have been in contact with me almost daily, even with no news or setback news, whatever. I hope that the air is cleared...

Best, Neil

(goldgus)

I am just telling it like it is.

I told 06vistablueGT on the phone that he was the most knowledgable salesman I ever talked to and he corrected me by saying he is a "car fanatic first and foremost who just happens to sell them."

Thanks bud! And I still use that saying and always will use that saying! It describes me best! Can't wait to hear your review of your car and how you like it buddy!

OK, First Off - My apologies. I NEVER meant to insinuate that YOU were not taking care of Zeindog, his order, his info, etc.

My DIG is really at FoMoCo for not having better information systems for their dealers, customers etc. In this day and age of technologies, which is my business, you would think that there would be better, up to the minute info available for car nuts like ourselves who are impatient and demanding. My main point is that Ralph was always able to give me info that was not provided to my selling dealer. For the most part, I'm keeping my dealer informed with new info as it comes. And again, they have been in contact with me almost daily, even with no news or setback news, whatever. I hope that the air is cleared...

Best, Neil

(goldgus)

Hi Neil, thank you for clearing that up. I do appreciate it. Whenever people badmouth dealers and they group them all together (the good ones who don't deserve it, with the bad ones who do deserve it), I take offense, as I consider myself in the good group. Especially for any car nut, as I am one myself! I LOVE what I do. I apprecaite your post above. We're cood dude, no worries!

Hi Neil, thank you for clearing that up. I do appreciate it. Whenever people badmouth dealers and they group them all together (the good ones who don't deserve it, with the bad ones who do deserve it), I take offense, as I consider myself in the good group. Especially for any car nut, as I am one myself! I LOVE what I do. I apprecaite your post above. We're cood dude, no worries!

Thanks Man, enjoy the weekend...

So, one question: As a dealer, what advice would you give to the guys on here who ordered cars months ago, but yet still cant get VIN's, buildates, etc from their selling dealers. Are these possibly sales made without a proper allocation? I am not in this group, as my car is on a rail-car headed for NJ, and "possible" delivery next Friday. But concerned for some of the other guys on the site. Thoughts?

Best, Neil

(goldgus)

Boy are you right about Ford! My car is still showing a delivery date of late March to early April on their computers.

Cobra09

Thanks Man, enjoy the weekend...

So, one question: As a dealer, what advice would you give to the guys on here who ordered cars months ago, but yet still cant get VIN's, buildates, etc from their selling dealers. Are these possibly sales made without a proper allocation? I am not in this group, as my car is on a rail-car headed for NJ, and "possible" delivery next Friday. But concerned for some of the other guys on the site. Thoughts?

The only thing I can offer, is to be patient with the order, if someone placed one but still doesn't have a VIN yet. If the dealer signed up for the 2010 Shelby GT500 program, they get 1 car guaranteed! But these are not scheduled like other retail orders, but they are scheduled by the regional offices, as this is what my rep told us. When I ordered Zeindog's GT500, I had our fleet manager email our rep, and tell her we had a legitimate, deposit in hand, retail GT500 order and we needed it scheduled. The next week, it was pulled and a VIN was assigned. I say legitimate as alot of dealers will order these for stock under fake names to get the car built quicker. So when we told her we had all the things needed, she make a call to her boss and got things rolling for me. Other dealers can try this approach, but its up to them if they want to go the extra mile, like what I did at my store.

I'm only half joking when I say that I have considered dumping my current order, eating the $500 deposit, ordering a new one, and possibly getting it sooner than I would have gotten the original, as they seem to be shipping the newer builds first.

They have 2 scheduled at my dealer, mine and one which was built last week, I told them I wanted the first one to hit the lot one is Grabber Blue my preference and the other is Torch Red still not bad.

Cobra09

They have 2 scheduled at my dealer, mine and one which was built last week, I told them I wanted the first one to hit the lot one is Grabber Blue my preference and the other is Torch Red still not bad.

Cobra09

Cobra---my dealer has 2 coming into Atlanta by rail tomorrow--then truck to Perry.Funny, mines torch red vert and the other guys a GB coupe,same colors as the 2 mentioned by you.Wonder if theyre all on the same train

Cobra---my dealer has 2 coming into Atlanta by rail tomorrow--then truck to Perry.Funny, mines torch red vert and the other guys a GB coupe,same colors as the 2 mentioned by you.Wonder if theyre all on the same train

Our cars will be in Atlanta tomorrow?

Great! Glad you will be getting yours soon. Last I got from Arning was that the mods had been completed on mine and they were waiting to get enough to ship????? Should have a lot full but I guess the trains are going everywhere.

It will be interesting if the Blue and Red come in at the same time, the only advantage the Red has is it has HID lights.

Maybe by the end of the month? :headscratch:

Cobra09

MM sent me an email this AM saying he spoke with the railyard and the train is scheduled for Tues.Then they have to load on a car carrier etc..so at least this week still looks good.MM said could be in Perry,which is 80 miles from Atl Wed--God willing and the creek dont rise,as they say in the South.If they do ge here,Ill try and go by the railyard and get a pic of them sitting on the train.

Archived