TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 VS GT-H

supe

A friend can arrange for a direct purchase from Hertz for a UN-RENTED Shelby GT-H. :ohsnap: I continue to wait out the dealers for MSRP pricing on the GT-500. :banghead: Should i wait it out or purchase the Hertz. I can get the Hertz in a couple weeks with no ADM. Help me decide...

A friend can arrange for a direct purchase from Hertz for a UN-RENTED Shelby GT-H. :ohsnap: I continue to wait out the dealers for MSRP pricing on the GT-500. :banghead: Should i wait it out or purchase the Hertz. I can get the Hertz in a couple weeks with no ADM. Help me decide...

Get it. They will be worth more then MSRP. They only made 500 of those.

Rob.

Holy :censored: ! An unrented GT-H? That's awesome!

If you want a car for the "rare" factor, I'd go with the GT-H. There were a lot fewer made. If you want out-of-the-box power, the GT500 is the way to go. In other words...

Sell it for a lot of $$$ down the road => GT-H

Drive a car today that'll make you poop your pants => GT500

Buy it and leverage it against the GT500. Might as well play the game to the max. Some collector will be along shortly to inflate the GT's value for you and your banker.

+1

You should roll with the GT-H It has all the elements everyone wants its true limited production and you can have some fun in it. If you decide later to go after a GT500 you would certainly have a nice bargaining chip in your pocket or you could wait for some of the collector types to approach you about the car since it would be low miles and pristine.

If your a collector or trying to make money faster than you can on the stock market, this is a NO-BRAINER!

BUY THE HERTZ

get the H !!!!!

you will not have another chance (at sticker price).

Once you have the H, you will be in the "driver seat" (no pun intended):

you can:

drive it, or

store it, or

sell it at markup (to offset cost of GT500)

either way... you win.

this will probably be one of only a handful of unrented cars, i would suspect.

That auction was pulled--- just like the other H I was watching. I'm starting to believe that these are going for big cake, and the dealers are cancelling the auctions early for guaranteed $$$$$. These low-mileage H cars were bought by dealers for $78k and up (yes, you read this correctly). If you have a chance to get an unrented H for no mark-up, buy it, garage it, and re-sell for big bucks. Or sell it to me for a quick $5k. :hyper: Or give it to me. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Just get that car! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Get it. They will be worth more then MSRP. They only made 500 of those.

Rob.

Husband rented on in Florida in October. Drives well, sounds great. He said if you can get your hands on one , to go for it. You won't regret it!! You can always dump a supercharger on it. and it already comes with 355's in the rear.As long as you don't mind an automatic :hyper:

IMHO, if you want something to drive today that may have value later get the GT500 (a vert has more chances of later value); if you want something purely for value later in life(but little fun today) get the GT-H.

If you're going to buy a GT-H and let it sit hoping that it becomes a valuable collector, then you're better off letting your money sit somewhere else...like your 401(k). A "real" investment will have a much greater liklihood of returning more money down the road.

I think you should get the one that gives you the most pleasure...don't overthink it too much with respect to future value. Future value is very nebulous. Buying a car to let it sit in the hope of making money down the road has never made much sense to me.

But, if you are thinking in terms of money you can always do as others have suggested and get the GT-H, flip it for a profit and get into a GT500...and put the excess in your investment accounts.

The first Shelby-H went at auction this week at $90,000 with 3,700 miles. The next ones quickly dropped to the $60,000 range with most going at that price. The next auction is in Hayward, CA next Wednesday. It will be interesting to see where the dealers are going to price it, as they have to pay cash, not finance it.

I have no idea why a dealer would sell you a Hertz at MSRP (assuming he really has one) when the prices are in this range. I am guessing the MSRP of the Hertz was in the same range as the Shelby GT which will be in the $35,000 range accoding to Amy at Shelby.

Toms

If you're going to buy a GT-H and let it sit hoping that it becomes a valuable collector, then you're better off letting your money sit somewhere else...like your 401(k). A "real" investment will have a much greater liklihood of returning more money down the road.

I think you should get the one that gives you the most pleasure...don't overthink it too much with respect to future value. Future value is very nebulous. Buying a car to let it sit in the hope of making money down the road has never made much sense to me.

+1 This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads. Buying a car ONLY as an investment is rarely successful. It would have to be worth about 7 times it's original value in 20 years to be as good as investing in a stock market assuming 10% returns. And, that assumes it costs you ZERO to maintain the car each year.

Now, if you're thinking that you are not buying it ONLY as an investment, but hoping that it will provide some protection against depreciation and therefore be a less costly ride, then that's another story.

Dave

Archived