TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Interior Upgrade with Crimson Inserts Installed

SHELBY1

Here's a couple of pics of my newly installed GT500 upgraded interior with crimson inserts. The install only took about 2 hours at a local auto interior shop picked by Shelby Autos. Very pleased with results. I have the matching console lid cover on order and it should finish out the interior perfectly.resizedIMG_0005.jpgresizedIMG_0006.jpgblack_with_red_insert_and_red_stitch_GT500.jpg

black_with_red_insert_and_red_stitch_GT500.jpg

resizedIMG_0005.jpg

resizedIMG_0006.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of my newly installed GT500 upgraded interior with crimson inserts. The install only took about 2 hours at a local auto interior shop picked by Shelby Autos. Very pleased with results. I have the matching console lid cover on order and it should finish out the interior perfectly.resizedIMG_0005.jpgresizedIMG_0006.jpgblack_with_red_insert_and_red_stitch_GT500.jpg

Can you post a larger picture of the seats?

Here's a couple of pics of my newly installed GT500 upgraded interior with crimson inserts. The install only took about 2 hours at a local auto interior shop picked by Shelby Autos. Very pleased with results. I have the matching console lid cover on order and it should finish out the interior perfectly.post-4333-1244468945.jpgpost-4333-1244468990.jpgpost-4333-1244468785_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, but didn't your car already have the red/black interior (seeing as you have the red inserts on the door panels)??

Looks nice, but didn't your car already have the red/black interior (seeing as you have the red inserts on the door panels)??

Yes, my car had the crimson interior. The upgraded interior package adds all leather, improved side bolstering on driver/passenger seats, GT500 with Snake embroided into front and rear seatbacks, and Carroll Shelby signature embroided into driver/passenger head rests. It turned out great. The matching console lid cover will finish off the interior upgrade.

Console Cover Ford Part # 7R3Z6306024BA. $128.20 List Price, so SAI's $95 price isn't bad.

Nice, I have the red inserts and that console cover would match nice... They shoulda put that on at the factory...

I'm sorry but I don't exactly know where to get things from. Where exactly did you get this form because the one I found was for 150. How did you get it for 95? And what exactly is SAI? As you can tell I am still trying to get with the program.

SAI is Shelby Auto. The cover's from Shelby are $159. That is just for the leather cover and does include the actual counsel cover that the leather will be wrapped around. The cover mentioned for $95, I believe, might be the replacement price for the OEM cover that the counsel cover will wrap around. So if you wanted a replacement cover not just the replacement leather, it will be the cost of both. I hope you can understand this goofy explanation. It still might not be clear.

I'm sorry but I don't exactly know where to get things from. Where exactly did you get this form because the one I found was for 150. How did you get it for 95? And what exactly is SAI? As you can tell I am still trying to get with the program.

Where can I get just the cover because I have the plastic piece to wrap it around already?

• 4 weeks later...
Great question... Anyone???

Shelby's upgraded interior crimson is a perfect match to Ford's crimson. I just got the black/crimson console cover installed after having the upgraded interior with crimson installed about a month ago. I also had my crimson seat inserts perforated($75 option) so they match up with the stock perforated crimson door inserts. Perfect match. Looks great.

I would like to purchase the console cover. Where can I find this for $120? The prices that I am seeing are $260.

Thanks for any help.

The $120 is the list approx. list price of the console cover from Ford. The SAI $269 includes a new cover from Ford and the custom leather/logo treatment. They just raised the price up $15 total and it looks like the option to send in your original cover to be customized is no longer available.

The $120 is the list approx. list price of the console cover from Ford. The SAI $269 includes a new cover from Ford and the custom leather/logo treatment. They just raised the price up $15 total and it looks like the option to send in your original cover to be customized is no longer available.

Thanks for the response :)

So I can't just purchase the console cover for about $120 ? $269 is the price I can expect to pay?

Does Shelby sell this seat leather kit parts only, or is this a installed by them only ordeal?

Installation is included in the price of the seat leather upgraded interior. It's installed by a Shelby approved interior mod shop closest to your location. Install time is about 2.5 hours.

Thanks for the response :)

So I can't just purchase the console cover for about $120 ? $269 is the price I can expect to pay?

Yup. The $269 is the price for a stock cover customized by Designer Auto Accessories for SAI. As far as I know they don't offer this up as a kit-only, owner installed option.

Has anyone done the Black with Blue insert? My car is Vista blue and I'd like to see what that combo would turn out to look like.

I really like to see this too. Is there somebody out that have some pics about this??

I really like to see this too. Is there somebody out that have some pics about this??

Here's mine in Black leather with blue inserts and rear side panel inserts. Front seats are Recaro's that i recovered to match . I did the work myself tho. Not Shelby covers. But will give you an idea of what it'll look like.

post-9402-1247289577_thumb.jpg

post-9402-1247289630_thumb.jpg

How close a match is Shelby's crimson to Ford's crimson?

Alan,

I have the Red embroidered console cover and it matches perfectly, It'l look good on your Black with Red Stripe GT500!

Mike

Here's mine in Black leather with blue inserts and rear side panel inserts. Front seats are Recaro's that i recovered to match . I did the work myself tho. Not Shelby covers. But will give you an idea of what it'll look like.

Nice - I like.

Also like the quarter window louvers (SHR flush mount?) - was worried about visibility but looks like that won't be a problem.

Archived