TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should the SGT come with a front splitter/spoiler?

Yes or no?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Yes?
    • No?

I am sure this has been discussed before.

Just wondering if you all think the SGT's should of come with some sort of chin spoiler, especially since the cars are lowered and it would take the brunt of the scraping. I am going to call Cervini's here in NJ or send them an email to see if this particular spoiler, which is similar to the GT500 will fit our front bumpers.

Discuss....

post-12379-1244424951_thumb.png

post-12379-1244424951_thumb.png

Just think it would be a nice touch to finish it off... Just think about the 03/04 Cobra's they have a front chin spoiler which in my opinion are excellent especially since I see a ton which are lowered and can take the scrapping not to mention the look is great with it's own unique front fascia.

Seems to me putting even more material below the edge of the SGT-GT/CS front valence, which is already an inch and a half lower than the GT, would be asking for trouble. Even though you might expect SGT purchasers to be more aware of the effect of an extended chin, and even though the valence is relatively flexible, absorbing blows without fracturing.

But I really, really like the idea of a genuine, functional "splitter", to kind of balance the decorative side scoops a bit. Some on the GT/CS forums like that splitter, too. At least one photo essay on how to adapt it to the GT/CS front valence is out there somewhere. Wish I could find it again; I was - I am - tempted to do it, just for giggles.

I think it's fine like it is. I do like that carbon fiber cover SPP sells for the existing front spoiler however.

I always considered whats already there a splitter......am I wrong in considering it that and why? Someone school me please.

No matter what its called, Im with Ilmor, I like it how it is and I do like that carbon fiber cover.

Archived