TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Early Birthday Present

Wife bought new Shelby Engine Caps, Fuse Box Cover and Chrome Hood Prop Rod for me last week at Quantum's Show N. Shine...She's such a good wife...Quantum even came out and installed everything on the car in their parking lot... Birthday is today, so we're having family come over and grilling dogs and burgers...Woo Hoo made it to 52!!!

:party2:

post-19184-1244416323_thumb.jpg

That is what true love is really all about... :) happy b'day!! :happy feet:

:shift:

For Sure! If it wasn't for her, I know I would NOT be driving a SHELBY right now...she treats me very well!

Thanks guys!

For Sure! If it wasn't for her, I know I would NOT be driving a SHELBY right now...she treats me very well!

Thanks guys!

...does she have a sister?

:hysterical: ...just kiddin', darlin' (<- -lol in case my wife is reading ;))

Wife bought new Shelby Engine Caps, Fuse Box Cover and Chrome Hood Prop Rod for me last week at Quantum's Show N. Shine...She's such a good wife...Quantum even came out and installed everything on the car in their parking lot... Birthday is today, so we're having family come over and grilling dogs and burgers...Woo Hoo made it to 52!!!

:party2:

Looks good !!! Hey happy birthday, I mailed you a present there magic pills they will make you feel young again !!! They do have a side effects they make you think everyone is crazy but yourself!! :drool::hysterical:

Looks good !!! Hey happy birthday, I mailed you a present there magic pills they will make you feel young again !!! They do have a side effects they make you think everyone is crazy but yourself!! :drool::hysterical:

Cool! But I already thought everyone except me was crazy! LOL

Looks great Carl. Hope you had a great birthday. I think you will like the prop rod better than the billet shocks as many people including myself have had problems with the shocks. The shocks seem to have to much pressure and raise my hood on the drivers side so that the hood isn't flush with the fender. What you have is simple and trouble free as is the factory prop rod. The engine bay looks great. I have the same caps. Does your cap for your brake fluid go on tight. Mine does not seal tight and i'm wondering if this is normal. My fluid doesn't leak out the top but i think the cap should be tight. Hope you had a great time at Quantum. Hopefully i can make it next year. I usually don't drive to far from home with the Shelby and i've never driven it in the rain but i may try Dallas next year.I'm sure you had a great time especially since you got all this dress up for your engine. Now, about that kitchen remodeling. You did take care of that didn't you? Kenny.

Looks great Carl. Hope you had a great birthday. I think you will like the prop rod better than the billet shocks as many people including myself have had problems with the shocks. The shocks seem to have to much pressure and raise my hood on the drivers side so that the hood isn't flush with the fender. What you have is simple and trouble free as is the factory prop rod. The engine bay looks great. I have the same caps. Does your cap for your brake fluid go on tight. Mine does not seal tight and i'm wondering if this is normal. My fluid doesn't leak out the top but i think the cap should be tight. Hope you had a great time at Quantum. Hopefully i can make it next year. I usually don't drive to far from home with the Shelby and i've never driven it in the rain but i may try Dallas next year.I'm sure you had a great time especially since you got all this dress up for your engine. Now, about that kitchen remodeling. You did take care of that didn't you? Kenny.

Nope, kitchen still hasn't got anything new but a refridgerator...she decided she wanted a small art studio in the back yard so she can work on her art and have a place to teach some private lessons, so we purchased a 10 x 12 building and had it set up in the back yard, then I've been busy putting Electrical, A/C, insulation, bead board walls and ceiling, lighting, real wood flooring and all that...it's almost done, have to finish up a little painting on her door today and hopefully I'll be done with that project...LOL Then I'm sure she'll want the kitchen started on...

Just go ahead and put it on your calendar for next year the end of May for Quantum, and plan on getting that SHELBY out and driving it up to Dallas!!! As far as my brake cap, it seems to fit fine...did you remove the rubber piece from the old cap and install it in the new cap??? That will ensure a tight seal and you need to do that if you didn't already...just a thought...

Thanks for the info on the rubber gasket.I'm sure that is the problem and i'll take care of that today.Your list seems to be getting longer and longer on what you've done to your car. i'm slowing down in as this is definately a money pit. I had my air-bag cover signed about a month ago and i haven't driven it since. I seem to be to busy on the week-ins doing things around the house. I'll try to go to a cruise-in this saturday nite sponsored by the niftee-fiftee's club here in Houston.There should be between 400 and 500 cars there. This is every week-in till sometime in November. All the cars inside the cones has to be an '79' or older. I can park just outside the cones and that's fine with me. Love looking at the old but would much rather drive the new. Hope to see you in Dallas next year at Quantum.Kenny.

Thanks for the info on the rubber gasket.I'm sure that is the problem and i'll take care of that today.Your list seems to be getting longer and longer on what you've done to your car. i'm slowing down in as this is definately a money pit. I had my air-bag cover signed about a month ago and i haven't driven it since. I seem to be to busy on the week-ins doing things around the house. I'll try to go to a cruise-in this saturday nite sponsored by the niftee-fiftee's club here in Houston.There should be between 400 and 500 cars there. This is every week-in till sometime in November. All the cars inside the cones has to be an '79' or older. I can park just outside the cones and that's fine with me. Love looking at the old but would much rather drive the new. Hope to see you in Dallas next year at Quantum.Kenny.

Yeah, the "wish list" keeps growing and growing...I really want to do a S/C on this car, but I know I need to do bigger brakes and better clutch and new one piece Drive Shaft to go along with that...I'm having a hard time justifying another $10K in the car to my wife...even though she knows how much I want these things on the car...I guess I need to find a new job first...maybe a few part time jobs to go along with a new one...LOL I'll just keep putting little things on the car as I can afford them...

Take some pics of that Nifty Fifties meet...I'd like to see some of those!

Carl

Archived