TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to Vegas

I am driving down in a week to drop off the car for the 40th conversion. :happy feet: After having a great time at Grabber's Meet & Greet both the wifey and I decided it was time to upgrade the GT500. Decided on the 40th package as we loved 500PLUS's at the gathering and loved the silver stripes. We really like the pics of the new interior on GT500FLYBOY's vert. and so are going to do that as well. :drool: So I am looking at the 40th with black wheels, the interior upgrade (607 silver), the 605HP TVS upgrade, the cooling package w/ black tanks and the Shelby shifter.

My son and I will make the drive down and my wife and daughter will fly down to meet us. Plan on checking the car in then we all will eat at the cafe, take a tour and check out the museum. Then a couple days in Vegas for fun and seeing Cirque du Soleil O.

I will post pics when I get back.

-- Bob

Right On !!! Tel the Budman that McCoy says hi...he is a great guy!! You will have fun!! Congrats!!

Thanks McCoy, will do. BTW I liked your in-car video from Grabberville. Very cool!

Congrats Bob!!! Why not come by Palm Springs when you pick her up?? Love to see you all...

Alex

Thanks Alex. Now that sounds like fun! What are you about 4-5 hours from Vegas?

Wow - Your going for the gusto. Right on !

Have a great time on your trip.

PS

We got your card and pic's in the mail yesterday. Thank you very much for the invite. :) I need to see what is hapening with my work assignment in July.

Wow - Your going for the gusto. Right on !

Have a great time on your trip.

PS

We got your card and pic's in the mail yesterday. Thank you very much for the invite. :) I need to see what is hapening with my work assignment in July.

Thanks Rob. Yeah I got bit real bad! :koolaid: It should be a great trip. A good mix of driving, SAI, Vegas and family. Looking forward to some time with my son. He's 15 so got to take advantage of anything he actually wants to do with me.

Just let us know about the lake. I can guarantee it is a stress relieving, relaxing place to have fun. We have visitors all the time and are setup for it. It's also a good place to keep my mind off waiting for the car to be completed. :waiting::hysterical:

My wife and I are leaving 6/10, heading to LV and SAI to finally pick up SS080218 on Friday the 12th. Maybe we will see you on the road!

Hot Rod, I will be in Vegas 6/10 - 6/12 on business, but I am free after the morning on the 12th. I was planning to go to SA to look at a few things and make plans to start the SS process. Maybe I will see you there! Always great to meet another member in person when possible. Take care and enjoy it!

Hot Rod, I will be in Vegas 6/10 - 6/12 on business, but I am free after the morning on the 12th. I was planning to go to SA to look at a few things and make plans to start the SS process. Maybe I will see you there! Always great to meet another member in person when possible. Take care and enjoy it!

Oh man, I'll miss you guys by a week or two. I'm going to SAI to help a friend look over his Cobra.

Safe travels my Shelby brothers.

I think you'll be happy with it all in the end. Good luck.

Thanks GT500FLYBOY. I have to admit I have been drooling over the pics in your sig for sometime now. :drool: You started with the same car I have but boy have you turned it into something special. From your sig it looks like its as bad a$$ in performance as it is in looks. BTW - any chance I can get a high res version of the photoshoped pic of your car? It would be for personal use only. Just wanted something for the office.

Congratulations Bob,

You are getting some awesome stuff done. You won't recognize her when you get her back.

Thanks cobrafan. I am real excited about it. :happy feet: I saw some sweet Shelbys at Grabbers last week and man will that push your over the edge (see pic). I only had a few mods to undo. I pulled the FRPP CAI off so I can sell it. I also pulled the KRs but I will hang on to them as I really liked the sound and will probably put them back on. Everything else will come back in the take-off pile.

th_PacificNWMeetandGreet2009082Stitch.jpg

My wife and I are leaving 6/10, heading to LV and SAI to finally pick up SS080218 on Friday the 12th. Maybe we will see you on the road!

Oh man, I'll miss you guys by a week or two. I'm going to SAI to help a friend look over his Cobra.

Safe travels my Shelby brothers.

I am dropping off morning of the 16th. Looks like I will miss ya by a few days. It would definately be cool to meet up at SA. Enjoy your pick up and visits!

Congratulations Bob on what will be one gorgeous looking car with great handling. Welcome to the 40th club. :happy feet:

Thanks gt67! Looks like good company in this club.

Congrats Bob. You wont be disappointed, the 40th is a fantastic Shelby.

Holy C$@% MY500SS, I just noticed that some of you have both an SS and a 40th and more. Now that is so very cool. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

I was finishing up lunch at the Shelby Corner Cafe today and as I was leaving I heard someone call out "Dan", I turn to see Slabo and his family enjoying lunch :happy feet: :happy feet: . I forgot he was dropping off his Shelby for the 40th, what a great suprise.

Safe travels home my soon to be 40th brother.

Dan

P.S. You have a beautiful family Bob.

Dan, are you lost, you never seem to be at home???? I think you live in So. Cal..... :unsure:

Yeah, the guys at work wonder the same thing, but since this is my slow business time I can get away easier.

Congratulations on your 40th, and good choice on the upgrades! I just had the KR shifter added to mine when they did the clutch TSB, and I love it. Big change over stock. I am considering the cooling package in the future, as it was not available when my car was done (#041).

I have a black hardtop with the gunmetal wheels, love the color combo, hate the upkeep, but wouldn't trade it for any other color!

I was finishing up lunch at the Shelby Corner Cafe today and as I was leaving I heard someone call out "Dan", I turn to see Slabo and his family enjoying lunch :happy feet: :happy feet: . I forgot he was dropping off his Shelby for the 40th, what a great suprise.

Safe travels home my soon to be 40th brother.

Dan

P.S. You have a beautiful family Bob.

It was great seeing you as well Dan. We had a great time at SAI during our drop-off. Thanks again for the tips. We were able to get a disposable camera in the car. Bud said he would remind them to keep it PG. Never know what you will get in Vegas. :hysterical: I will post up some pics...

P.S. I couldn't get the boys to tell me anything about your friends Cobra but it sounds like it will be special. Hope you can share with us when it is done.

-- Bob

Archived