TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question?

I am a casual looker and sometimes make comments on this forum. And I am learning and gathering loads of wonderful info from the GREAT people on this fourm. So please don't think of me as a complete idiot!!! lol. But my question is, How do you know if your having issuse with this TSB, clutch issuse that seemed to be with the early 2007 cars? If I am having issues i want it to be fixed ASAP.

BTW, I have a 2008 that was born April 18th, 2008 with 4,200 miles on it.

Thanks again. :lurk:

Here is a good link, too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=36724&hl

Essentially, if your car is grinding throughout gears, fails the "hiss" test (the clutch should *not* hiss when the clutch is fully depressed. Hiss on engagement/disengagement is ok), fails to engage gears, etc, you have a good idea that you may need the TSB. Some members have driven them without a problem only to have the rpm's spike on the freeway and completely fry the clutch, and others have many miles on them and have no problems at all :)

It may not hurt to drop by some of the local dealerships and ask around. The sooner you warm them up and they get up to speed, the easier it will be if you ever have problems and need service done.

Clutch chatter is normal, btw :), and the gear rollover noise you hear (generally at lower rpm's), is alright as well. :shift:

bigdrawz24,

long time no see. hey you're going to wear that car out. 14 months old and 4200 miles. lol mine is at 4126. we must be going out the same days. we need to hook up at Milford Kroger on a Friday night. Last week they had about 120 cars show up.

bruce

g2172@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
bigdrawz24,

long time no see. hey you're going to wear that car out. 14 months old and 4200 miles. lol mine is at 4126. we must be going out the same days. we need to hook up at Milford Kroger on a Friday night. Last week they had about 120 cars show up.

bruce

g2172@aol.com

Whats up bro, how you been.... Yeah I think we are going out at the same time on the same days driving the same amount. Yes we should hook up soon. I have been thinking of selling the car soon :( !! We had our first baby and I might have to sell it. Anyway this drive in is on Fridays? Me and the family might havve to come out there.

Here is a good link, too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=36724&hl

Essentially, if your car is grinding throughout gears, fails the "hiss" test (the clutch should *not* hiss when the clutch is fully depressed. Hiss on engagement/disengagement is ok), fails to engage gears, etc, you have a good idea that you may need the TSB. Some members have driven them without a problem only to have the rpm's spike on the freeway and completely fry the clutch, and others have many miles on them and have no problems at all :)

It may not hurt to drop by some of the local dealerships and ask around. The sooner you warm them up and they get up to speed, the easier it will be if you ever have problems and need service done.

Clutch chatter is normal, btw :), and the gear rollover noise you hear (generally at lower rpm's), is alright as well. :shift:

Thanks for the info. That was real helpful. BTW non of those things are going on...thank goodness. :happy feet: Thanks again, Everyone in this form is A++.

Archived