TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post TSB Clutch Pedal Feel

I have noticed that many say the clutch pedal feels "much better" after they had the TSB performed.

What I am wondering is what feels different and was something not working right before the TSB on these cars?

I ask, because my pedal feels the way I think it should and I haven't had the TSB. It has a nice firm feel, not overly heavy, and release point is just about perfect. With very little practice, I never have shudder anymore, and it seems exactly as I would want it.

So...when all of you that have had the TSB say it is "so much better", was yours doing something wrong, or do you just like the new action so much more and why?

I have noticed that many say the clutch pedal feels "much better" after they had the TSB performed.

What I am wondering is what feels different and was something not working right before the TSB on these cars?

I ask, because my pedal feels the way I think it should and I haven't had the TSB. It has a nice firm feel, not overly heavy, and release point is just about perfect. With very little practice, I never have shudder anymore, and it seems exactly as I would want it.

So...when all of you that have had the TSB say it is "so much better", was yours doing something wrong, or do you just like the new action so much more and why?

The TSB has been done. I am absolutely pleased with the result and new peace of mind I now have. The clutch feels slightly softer than before and may release a little sooner than it did - meaning closer to the floor.

The TSB has been done. I am absolutely pleased with the result and new peace of mind I now have. The clutch feels slightly softer than before and may release a little sooner than it did - meaning closer to the floor.

+1. I actually had the dealer switch over to the KR shifter while they were "in", and the short throw to 5th plus the lower friction point gave me fits...for about 15 minutes. I love it now.

My original clutch was still working fine at the time of my TSB but chatter and notchy shifting was getting worse. For me, post TSB the clutch pressure is probably 50% of the original yet it feels strong and the release point is perfect. This just makes the car more "driveable" on a daily basis. Also very minor chatter and smooth shifting.

I had the tsb done because of slight notchy shifting early in the tsb - the repacement tsb did not feel as good as the original clutch as it was a lot more grabby altought the pedal felt the same- I lost the second clutch and the dealer replaced it at no charge- about 1000 miles after the first tsb- the car now has 4000 miles- an early 07- the pedal feels softer but the clutch feels fine and grabs in the right spot- because the tech showed me the cost- fords- of the pressure plate disc and flywheel - over 2,000.00 I though I best take it a little easier on my car until the tsb thing goes one way or the other and it looks like it is going to get a lot tougher especially for us two time losers- I am going to watch the organic clutch on the 2010s and see how they work out. The dealer said they are still behind my car but that does not mean that ford can step in and say hold on- they have that right. The ultimate test of these cars is on a track and that is what I miss the most- spent a ton of money on restoring another car for a driver and the sheby sits in the corner all covered up wondering what the heck is going on- anyway the new clutch does feel fine and the pedal is great. I am paranoid over the clutch in these cars and the cost of replacement so come on aftermarket and come up with some options. Once I become a three time loser I would hope there may be some other options out there as the cost on the whole setup that does not have a great history is staggering.Anyone been turned down on tsb and tried another system or is there another another system for our cars. Still love my Shelby but the gas pedal spends a lot of time on or near the floor and I refuse to street race so I have to watch my driving on the street and miss the track a bunch- 1320 feet of straight track - no cops- and tons of cars to legally race- I shall retrun-

Archived