TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A crappy Knock-Off

MarkGT08

How about that and it wasn't built in America, most Toyota and Hondas driven in the US are built in the US. Your MB hasn't employeed one American.

its a 1985. The MB dealer in 85 employed at least one american....and MB had and does have a unionized workforce making a living wage.

I bought it used from a 89 year old woman who spent the money on cat food I am sure...

Toyota and Honda just screams scab car to me...its owned by the Japanese.

You know how many tax subsides the Japanese get for making cars here? Insane, buy Americian.

Toyota & Honda = Unamerican. Face the facts.

Id rather see the biggest grossest misuse of Mustang accesories in my driveway rather than a Toyota or a Honda.

I almost feel sorry for these guys (pictured clones). You can see how badly they want the real thing. At the same time it makes me proud to know I have a real SGT in the garage.

Concur. Not everyone had the money for a Shelby. How many of us lusted for Shelbys and scraped together money to buy it. He is probably proud of it and he is not trying to hurt anyone else. "Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery."

I see more angry posts from Shelby owners about Mustangs they don't like than from Mustang owner's criticizing Shelby's they don't like. Save that for the Chevy's not your Mustang brothers and Sisters. Be nice. That car is somebody's pride and joy.

:headscratch:

Believe I fit both catagories that you describe???????????? :hysterical:

Sorry - but those tail lights are UGLY :) Guess as long as the onwer like them - thats all that counts :)

I agree 1,000,000% those tail lights look like SHIT in plain words. :fool:

I wish people owning mustangs would get off this stupid euro-crap kick. If a person wants euro-styling then don't buy a Mustang and go buy a foreign car instead. There are plenty of foreign cars out there to choose from that can satisfy all the dumb euro-cravings one can have.

The front and tail lights that come stock with the Mustang have the nostalgic ties back to the 60 and 70 styling. The euro-crap just totally removes those nostalgic touches that contribute to the Mustang's overall appeal. This isn't a matter of individual owner taste......this IS a matter of an individual owners being TASTELESS. :banghead:

I agree 1,000,000% those tail lights look like SHIT in plain words. :fool:

I wish people owning mustangs would get off this stupid euro-crap kick. If a person wants euro-styling then don't buy a Mustang and go buy a foreign car instead. There are plenty of foreign cars out there to choose from that can satisfy all the dumb euro-cravings one can have.

The front and tail lights that come stock with the Mustang have the nostalgic ties back to the 60 and 70 styling. The euro-crap just totally removes those nostalgic touches that contribute to the Mustang's overall appeal. This isn't a matter of individual owner taste......this IS a matter of an individual owners being TASTELESS. :banghead:

I wanted to put some "EURO" upside down ferrari shields on my fenders, but I dont see enough of them actually being driven to make them functional! Haha...besides I do not think anyone would get the joke.

+10,000 how many of you making fun secretly have a honda that you commute to work in? Now thats something to make fun of...

I was making fun of my commuter Honda all the time until it died. :cry: Now I gat to make fun of a full size Mercedes commuter that runs on veggie oil & gets 30 MPG. Mustangs on the other hand get nothing but respect from me (unless they are mustang II's)

Mustangs007.jpg:hysterical:

I was making fun of my commuter Honda all the time until it died. :cry: Now I gat to make fun of a full size Mercedes commuter that runs on veggie oil & gets 30 MPG. Mustangs on the other hand get nothing but respect from me (unless they are mustang II's)

Mustangs007.jpg:hysterical:

Yes but even the Mustang II's should get some respect for two good reasons:

1. They maintained production continuity during the "gas lean" years.

2. They looked more like a Mustang than those dumb hatchback looking Mustangs did.

That Mustng II era was a dark age for cars alright...

Which MB are you running veggie in, we are running biodiesel in 2 vehicles now both German....would be nice to have some great US cars with diesels in them besides the not to my taste Jeep liberty...

Back to topic, this guys car is just goofy but not as bad as the clones that Jeff had spotted...

My wife and I stopped in a shopping center in San Dimas, California today to check our postal box. When she came back to our truck, she told me she saw another Shelby across the lot. So when she pointed at it, I knew it wasn't a Shelby. But when we got closer, she said "See, a Shelby!". After a few minutes of "education", I explained to her that it was a fake. I took a few pictures of it, but I blocked off the license plate. The guy is a fireman, so I am cutting him some slack.

But geeeez, what a crappy knockoff.

I like his better those tailights are the bomb!!! :hysterical3:

I dont understand what all the fuss is about. So someone took a mustang that was built by Ford in Michigan and slapped a "shelby" emblem on it. I agree with those that say this doesnt make it a real shelby but why all the fuss.

Come to think of it, it sounds almost like another car that is being produced by Ford as I type this..................

I dont understand what all the fuss is about. So someone took a mustang that was built by Ford in Michigan and slapped a "shelby" emblem on it. I agree with those that say this doesnt make it a real shelby but why all the fuss.

Come to think of it, it sounds almost like another car that is being produced by Ford as I type this..................

geeeeez, we're just having fun, Mr. Spock

So someone took a mustang that was built by Ford in Michigan and "SLAPPED A SHELBY EMBLEM ON IT". I agree with those that say this "DOESN'T MAKE IT A REAL SHELBY" but why all the fuss.

Come to think of it, it sounds almost "LIKE ANOTHER CAR BEING PRODUCED BY FORD" as I type this..................

So what you really trying to say???????? :boxing:

:hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

Its his car, let him do what he likes.. I do not like the brake light, maybe he is showing his admiration for the shelby by displaying it.. Would you bash a nice woman who wears a shelby tee shirt? Maybe she doesn't even own a Shelby.. who knows who cares.. At least he is not going out of his way to say its a shelby..

BTW, Ford did not get a bail out! so don't talk smack about the bailout and put ford in the same sentence..

GNB

I just don't understand, a mustang is a mustang. What makes a mustang a Shelby? Shelby parts. What does it matter whether he bought a mustang and put Shelby parts on it or bought one upgraded by Shelby. Shelby doesn't build any mustangs, ford does, Shelby just adds their parts to itand half of them are even from other companys like eibach, borla, and baer. Fact of the matter is he is a Shelby fan which would make Caroll proud.

I just don't understand, a mustang is a mustang. What makes a mustang a Shelby? Shelby parts. What does it matter whether he bought a mustang and put Shelby parts on it or bought one upgraded by Shelby. Shelby doesn't build any mustangs, ford does, Shelby just adds their parts to itand half of them are even from other companys like eibach, borla, and baer. Fact of the matter is he is a Shelby fan which would make Caroll proud.

+1 - a lot of the clone/tribute/recreation/knock-off cars wind up being future Shelby owners

At Carlisle I saw a Maroon with yellow stripes 1969 Mustang made to look like a GT 350 and it was absolutely stunning.

The Mustang is a great canvas, but not everyone is an artist. I did not even see this car as a Shelby "wanna be" because lots of Mustangs have Lemans stripes. People are too sensitive. Smile and pass it on.

Archived