TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone done Lambo Doors

i was looking at the new Air Force X-1 Mustang and Vapor Dodge Challenger and it struck me...Lambo doors may be next on the list!

anyone had experience with a good kit? Ive seen a few but the prices are outrageous.

I know Lambo doors are nice in crowded parking lots, but I kinda :barf: every time I see them on a Mustang...they just don't look right to me on our cars. But, it is YOUR car, so if that is what floats your boat, go for it! I know the hinges are very expensive for the doors, but I'm sure you would want the best you can afford because the doors are pretty heavy...

i was looking at the new Air Force X-1 Mustang and Vapor Dodge Challenger and it struck me...Lambo doors may be next on the list!

anyone had experience with a good kit? Ive seen a few but the prices are outrageous.

Thou shall NOT Pimp thy Mustang! :finger:

Say it ain't so, please.

I like Lambo doors. Rather, I like that there are Lambo doors, in the same way I like clowns, sideshows, Sam Raimi movies, Deep Throat (I&II), and kimshi.

It enriches us all, to one degree or another, that there are such things, but I wouldn't want my sister to be, be in, act like, or be around them.

I look at a guy with multiple ear-piercings and bling, and I am happy that I live in a world where such things are possible and not altogether discounted; I would not do such a thing, nor condone it in anyone I have affection for or influence on.

Do Lambo doors on a Mustang, find another place to get your props.

ive often thought whether to baby this vehicle, keep it stock, use all Shelby parts.

I don't think i can bring myself to ever sell so i might as well enjoy. There's a cherried out 1969 Boss 429 i that simply sits in the garage, covered, 330 days a year. Its no fun.

My SGT is fun, for me. Thats the beauty of these cars, they are drivable. This is what is so appealing about this car to me. I see my SGT as an open canvas for my artwork. If i wanted a painted canvas id have bought a Supersnake or GT500KR. Or just let the BOSS 429 sit and go buy a Honda Civic.

If its speed I'm looking for, just hop on the GSX-R1300 aka "Hayabusa" Turbo. Even the supersnake would get blown away :)

so its all in the eye of the beholder, what you see your car as. Like i said, mines an open canvas. The outrageous price of Vertical Door kits and the disassembly of nearly the entire front of half of the car required has deterred me however.

I like Lambo doors. Rather, I like that there are Lambo doors, in the same way I like clowns, sideshows, Sam Raimi movies, Deep Throat (I&II), and kimshi.

It enriches us all, to one degree or another, that there are such things, but I wouldn't want my sister to be, be in, act like, or be around them.

I look at a guy with multiple ear-piercings and bling, and I am happy that I live in a world where such things are possible and not altogether discounted; I would not do such a thing, nor condone it in anyone I have affection for or influence on.

Well said :)

Well said :)

I agree.....it couldn't have been said better!!! Man it just surprises me the amount of people owning Mustangs who just want to add all kinds of senseless F*:censored:*CKING bling onto the Mustang...all the way to the point that the Mustang's historical roots and nostalgia become completely sanitized away leaving nothing but a personalized heap of thrown-together crappy looking and unbalanced bling with the Mustang underneath being nothing more than a shell that holds all the crappy bling together. :banghead:

It's not about props, its about curiosity

March 15th I was healthy as an ox, March 16th i had a seizure and found out i had brain cancer, a brain tumor the size of a soda can. After SURVING through an EXTREMELY risky surgery ending in a unfathomable pain, but not one permament side effect. I got a 950 dollar tattoo basically centered around the psalm "sed et si ambulavero in valle mortis non timebo malum quoniam tu mecum es virga tua et baculus tuus ipsa consolabuntur me". Which is latin for "Though i walk through the valley of the shadows of death, you are always with me..." It covers my forearm.

I wasn't looking for praise, or props on it. Do i enjoy peoples praise? Perhaps, but THAT'S NOT why i had it done. I had it done for ME, to forever be reminded of the worse things that can happen. To remind me to live my life, never have regrets, because it can all be over in a heartbeat without any warning. But like my tattoo, my car is for me as well.

Are there people who frequent this wonderful forum, this amazing source of information simply to get props for their car? Why would someone join a community of people who all own the same car and give each other praise for it? I post questions here about parts and possible modifications that others may or may not have done. Questions of both curiosity and questions of advice.

This inquiry of curiosity has seemed to snowball into negativity towards any mod to make your SGT not an SGT. Is it okay that we use 20 inch wheels? Or custom Diablosport or Xcal tuners? Or HID headlights? Tubeless radials? Air Conditioning? Where is the line drawn that seperates a nostalgic SGT vs a modified SGT?

i value everyone's opinion equally, and just hope they value mine with logical responses. Like i said, this thread was simply a question of curiosity. I wasn't trying to start anything negative here :(

March 15th I was healthy as an ox, March 16th i had a seizure and found out i had brain cancer, a brain tumor the size of a soda can. After SURVING through an EXTREMELY risky surgery ending in a unfathomable pain, but not one permament side effect. I got a 950 dollar tattoo basically centered around the psalm "sed et si ambulavero in valle mortis non timebo malum quoniam tu mecum es virga tua et baculus tuus ipsa consolabuntur me". Which is latin for "Though i walk through the valley of the shadows of death, you are always with me..." It covers my forearm.

I wasn't looking for praise, or props on it. Do i enjoy peoples praise? Perhaps, but THAT'S NOT why i had it done. I had it done for ME, to forever be reminded of the worse things that can happen. To remind me to live my life, never have regrets, because it can all be over in a heartbeat without any warning. But like my tattoo, my car is for me as well.

Are there people who frequent this wonderful forum, this amazing source of information simply to get props for their car? Why would someone join a community of people who all own the same car and give each other praise for it? I post questions here about parts and possible modifications that others may or may not have done. Questions of both curiosity and questions of advice.

This inquiry of curiosity has seemed to snowball into negativity towards any mod to make your SGT not an SGT. Is it okay that we use 20 inch wheels? Or custom Diablosport or Xcal tuners? Or HID headlights? Tubeless radials? Air Conditioning? Where is the line drawn that seperates a nostalgic SGT vs a modified SGT?

i value everyone's opinion equally, and just hope they value mine with logical responses. Like i said, this thread was simply a question of curiosity. I wasn't trying to start anything negative here :(

Like I told you in our PM's, I'm glad you came out of it unharmed man! You are one lucky dude.

Anyway, lambo doors are not in the cards for any Mustang of mine, but like you said, your car is for you, no one else.

My SGT is modified to the hilt, as you already know, but it's still an SGT. It's just tailored to ME and how I wanted MY car to look, sound, and drive.

1/2 the joy of owning any car for me, let alone a performance car like ours, is making it my own, modifying it, and customizing it to however I see fit.

This has been discussed a billion times in several threads all over the forum already, but I just wanted to reiterate the sentiment after reading your last post.

Talk at ya soon.

Ken

sorry don't mean to sound terribly negative, my feeling on this just said that the Lambo's probably won't end up on our cars but its great that others can and do install them on theres. More power to ya and grats on kicking that tumors ass :) I build my stuff for me not looking for anything but a smile on my face everytme I see or drive it :)

I know Lambo doors are nice in crowded parking lots, but I kinda :barf: every time I see them on a Mustang...they just don't look right to me on our cars. But, it is YOUR car, so if that is what floats your boat, go for it! I know the hinges are very expensive for the doors, but I'm sure you would want the best you can afford because the doors are pretty heavy...

I got my hinges from Homedepot!!! :drool: and my wife holds my door open all day at the show !!! Now that's a wife !!! :hysterical: That's a lie cause she hold the baby all day long :banghead: thats why the house is a mess :banghead::banghead:

Archived